Anyone from here going to the Chicago Dead shows?

I'm going to Fridays show, spending the night in toledo tonight then heading to soldier field by 11-12, should be a fun time

Have fun Pooj, saw em once at the Aud many, many, many moons ago. Be safe, stay away from the purple ones.

Not a dead head particullary but having lived in their hometown for decades, we got lucky in the lottery and went to show 1 in santa clara. As many stated hopefully it was just rehearsals for the chicago run. having phil sing was a travesty. Unrehearsed, and the mix guy had to be doing his first stadium gig. other than that is was good.

For real deadheads it is a must i guess.

But for many it is the stones this summer. Vegas act or not. They have ripped it up this tour, going to the last two Buffalo and Quebec for various reasons. Hoping Buffalo can out do the Pittsburgh crowd for noise and appreciation. And orlando for again a stand up crowd, that obviously they feed off of. there will be a huge out of state and country bunch of fans in Buffalo. Also hoping Keefs rainstick can work for one last Buffalo appearance. A nice weather day will be great for all.

FWIW a stones cover band the dead flowers doing a benefit for the buffalo,food bank friday nite at the cove on transit near french. A great cause, and the place will rock a lot of out of towners going it will be jammed. Good start to a Buffalo stones weekend.

Not a dead head particullary but having lived in their hometown for decades, we got lucky in the lottery and went to show 1 in santa clara. As many stated hopefully it was just rehearsals for the chicago run. having phil sing was a travesty. Unrehearsed, and the mix guy had to be doing his first stadium gig. other than that is was good.

For real deadheads it is a must i guess.

But for many it is the stones this summer. Vegas act or not. They have ripped it up this tour, going to the last two Buffalo and Quebec for various reasons. Hoping Buffalo can out do the Pittsburgh crowd for noise and appreciation. And orlando for again a stand up crowd, that obviously they feed off of. there will be a huge out of state and country bunch of fans in Buffalo. Also hoping Keefs rainstick can work for one last Buffalo appearance. A nice weather day will be great for all.

FWIW a stones cover band the dead flowers doing a benefit for the buffalo,food bank friday nite at the cove on transit near french. A great cause, and the place will rock a lot of out of towners going it will be jammed. Good start to a Buffalo stones weekend.

Night 2 in Santa Clara was much better -- less Phil -- more Bobby, Trey and Bruce Hornsby. Billy and Mickey were on fire both nights during drums.

I am married to a deadhead/hippie girl so it was a first experience for me--realized its more about the community, the love, the acid, the weed than the music -- even without partaking in the last two -- I had a great time. Had an inkling to go to Chicago but the business world got in the way,

Edited by Formerly Joe F

It was spectacular, and you are right, Trey really shined through. Listening to the replay now on the drive home enjoying it all over again

Killer show. A gear up from Santa Clara. I was wrong about Trey.....he's bringing it.

Long time deadhead here, first show was 78 in Rochester. Been to all the rich stadium shows, but I was shut out of the mail order for Chicago. Been streaming all the shows on the couch and enjoying them. My 3 grandkids are here, so it worked out for the best that I am home. I don't see the big mystery with trey playing, christ he toured with Phil in 2006 for the summer.

Counting the days until opening game in September.

We wound up getting tix last Sunday on vivid, as secure a ticketing site as stubhub, ie tickets are guaranteed. Paid less than $150. Worth every penny. The Friday crowd was 20's to 70's and exactly what you'd expect. A very friendly and communal atmosphere. The city was very gracious, the venue outstanding. So glad we went, it's a memory that will stay with me forever. They are doing these shows right, they are just being the dead, not some nostalgic tribute. No special guest walk ons, no photo montages, simply up there playing the songs as a cohesive unit. No one is trying to put their own stamp on their performance, they are all doing it Dead-style.

Long time deadhead here, first show was 78 in Rochester. Been to all the rich stadium shows, but I was shut out of the mail order for Chicago. Been streaming all the shows on the couch and enjoying them. My 3 grandkids are here, so it worked out for the best that I am home. I don't see the big mystery with trey playing, christ he toured with Phil in 2006 for the summer.

Counting the days until opening game in September.

it was a whirlwind trip, driving philly to chicago to philly in about 48 hours. Getting too old to be doing that kind of stuff, but I am really glad we did it. I was late to the dead game, but once I finally let my guard down, I got sucked in and am very glad I did, it's a pretty special phenomenon that not everyone gets, but once you get it you get it.

Sounds like you had a good time.

only real complaint was they tried to clamp down on tailgating on your own...sure they opened up the field but you couldn't grill, bring a cooler etc and the only shakedown street was those they sanctioned. We wound up going where others were gathering and just sat on a park bench with our cooler, people watching, strolling vendors tried to be discrete. finally they opened the big south lot at 3 then the real shakedown street started popping up and all was good with the world. minor hiccup, but not one that we couldn't overcome. Cop took one beer from me but didn't bust my balls, just took it and went away, so i opened another one.

Glad you had fun, a friend from cali did both shows last weekend and was doing all three this weekend. Friday nights show was real good. Used to do back to back 30 years ago, but I don't roll like that these days. Maybe back to back golf dates.