South Bay (San Jose) Bills Backers?

jletha

Im moving from NY to San Jose in a couple months and really would love to be able to watch the games with some other fans if possible. I looked in the Bills Backers forums but there doesnt appear to be a south Bay group and it is not checked often so thats why I am posting here. Google brings up a site which says that people meet in Britannia Arms but the site doesnt seem to be updated frequently so I dont know if people still go there.

So does anybody know of a South Bay contingent of Bills fans and what bar, if any, is the best place to watch? Maybe Ill have to make my own

Give CB Hannegans in Los Gatos a call (or visit). They were a meeting place for some Bills' fans. Looks like a pretty decent place:

http://cbhannegans.com/?page_id=165

Of course, if you get to SF, check out the North Star Cafe in North Beach. The Senator and I got that started as the Bills bar back in the early 90's, when DirecTv got the NFL package. Tell 'em The Dean sent you---though by now I doubt anyone there remembers me.

Brittania Arms still goes on to the best of my knowledge. Look for Mark Vader's response. I've watched a game with him there as well as Stanford's pro-day. Welcome to the area!

I was going to mention that, but I saw a review or two online where the posters said there were no Bills fans there.

Now, looking back at the one review I could find, it was for a Thursday night game. So maybe that isn't the best time to judge the bar, as many fans will stay home to watch a game on national TV.

Edited by The Dean

Another welcome to NorCal, enjoy the cost of living here. Sell you windshield scraper, boots, galoshes, & other winter stuff unless you're planning to go skiing. Wait, we've hardly had any snow the last 3years.

BYOW-bring your own water, btw

Im moving from NY to San Jose in a couple months and really would love to be able to watch the games with some other fans if possible. I looked in the Bills Backers forums but there doesnt appear to be a south Bay group and it is not checked often so thats why I am posting here. Google brings up a site which says that people meet in Britannia Arms but the site doesnt seem to be updated frequently so I dont know if people still go there.

So does anybody know of a South Bay contingent of Bills fans and what bar, if any, is the best place to watch? Maybe Ill have to make my own

Is this the info you found on that Brittania place?

South Bay Bills Backers

Britannia Arms

1087 South DeAnza Blvd.

San Jose, CA 95129

Chapter Presidents: Mark Juarez, Ethan Mullikin

mully58@gmail.com

(240) 602-5129

Source: http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/pdf/Bills-Backers-Chapter-List.pdf

That is the correct information.

We are a small but very devoted group, and we meet there for every Bills game.

Please feel free to join us, we are always looking for more fans.

When will you be arriving in San Jose?

Thanks everyone for the info. I am very excited to move, I'll be there in September. The job starts on September 21st. I'm looking forward to the stupidly high cost of living and the lack of water, a real one too punch that make moving there so attractive.

Vader, thanks for the heads up. I will definitely try to get there as much as possible. I love the Bills and would really love to be around fans, especially if we have a good season.

Thanks everyone for the info. I am very excited to move, I'll be there in September. The job starts on September 21st. I'm looking forward to the stupidly high cost of living and the lack of water, a real one too punch that make moving there so attractive.

Vader, thanks for the heads up. I will definitely try to get there as much as possible. I love the Bills and would really love to be around fans, especially if we have a good season.

Your welcome. It'll be great to have a new fan joining us.

I moved to San Jose about a year ago. I'm usually at home sulking in a beer but seems like the team might have finally turn the corner. If I can pry myself off the couch I might have to drop in sometime.

Thanks for the invite. I absolutely would, but I've got a previous engagement....

swilling Blue Lights in the Ralph Wilson Stadium parking lot.

I see. In that case, have a great time.

You are always welcome to join us at any time.