From backup NFL tight end to $8000000000 mortgage lender

Many, many years ago my mom tended to believe in the big dumb jock theory - that the guys who played football professionally just weren't bright enough to do anything better. Jack Kemp be damned!

Here's yet another example showing how diverse football players can be - and how many succeed off the gridiron.

Many, many years ago my mom tended to believe in the big dumb jock theory - that the guys who played football professionally just weren't bright enough to do anything better. Jack Kemp be damned!

Here's yet another example showing how diverse football players can be - and how many succeed off the gridiron.

Yeah, I think as you have seen the revenues rise in the last decade and a half in sports you have seen a much improved business sense. Athletes just blew money for years (see Iverson, Allen & Walker, Antoine). Now you have guys like LeBron, Peyton and even guys like Angelo Crowell. They stopped spending money like Floyd Mayweather and have tried to learn business. It has been, and will be extremely beneficial in the long run.

The leagues have done a much better job too in teaching these guys.

Movement broke ground on their new headquarters about three months ago just a mile from my home. I live right on the NC/SC Charlotte border (SC side). Companies are moving here left and right.

Movement broke ground on their new headquarters about three months ago just a mile from my home. I live right on the NC/SC Charlotte border (SC side). Companies are moving here left and right.

Amazing what a low-tax environment does for business growth

Big whoop. All the guy is doing is being a middle man, much like a realtor.

His company lines up funding commitments from other lenders and packages/sells the originated loans to those firms and/or institutional investors. Of the $8 billion in originations, virtually none of it is money put up by his own firm--nor is the total return he makes much more than a typical NFL QB's salary...

Big whoop. All the guy is doing is being a middle man, much like a realtor.

His company lines up funding commitments from other lenders and packages/sells the originated loans to those firms and/or institutional investors. Of the $8 billion in originations, virtually none of it is money put up by his own firm--nor is the total return he makes much more than a typical NFL QB's salary...

so you're saying he's making money for doing next to nothing. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me

put some comas in them zeroes

Amazing what a low-tax environment does for business growth

worked fro Ireland they dropped the business tax from typical European rate of 35% to 11 and started raking in the money, something NY politicians should learn.