Atmosphere For Home Opener And Season Alike...

Every year the anticipation grows for the start of Bills/Sabres seasons. It really feels like 100 years have gone by since the last game played and I can't even begin to explain how fired up I am to drive into that lot early Sunday morning. Each year, the talk of playoffs comes and goes and false hope usually accompanies it. This year though, doesn't it really feel as though there is no way in hell they are not making a run? Just the coaching change and Brady possibly not being there in week two is going to add 3 more victories this season. The electricity that will be flowing through those tailgates week 1 is going to feel likes it's tangible.

The Bills are back on the map and even though there is a question mark at QB, I really don't think the starter could possibly be worse than the overall season Orton had last year. My kids, who are 8 and 9 years old, have not felt the energy that really should surround Bills football and this year, they (along with all the 20 somethings out there), are going to know what we ALL know has been missing here for FAR...TOO...LONG!

Every year the anticipation grows for the start of Bills/Sabres seasons. It really feels like 100 years have gone by since the last game played and I can't even begin to explain how fired up I am to drive into that lot early Sunday morning. Each year, the talk of playoffs comes and goes and false hope usually accompanies it. This year though, doesn't it really feel as though there is no way in hell they are not making a run? Just the coaching change and Brady possibly not being there in week two is going to add 3 more victories this season. The electricity that will be flowing through those tailgates week 1 is going to feel likes it's tangible.

The Bills are back on the map and even though there is a question mark at QB, I really don't think the starter could possibly be worse than the overall season Orton had last year. My kids, who are 8 and 9 years old, have not felt the energy that really should surround Bills football and this year, they (along with all the 20 somethings out there), are going to know what we ALL know has been missing here for FAR...TOO...LONG!

It is amazing isn't it? I am dead set on taking my 15 year old nephew to the home opener. While he is a bills fan, I always have to remember he hasn't been alive for a playoff run by the Bills, and likely doesn't remember a single year (besides last year) that we could honestly say we were great.

I am so hoping this will be the beginning of the end of that for him.

The atmosphere for the home opener last year was pretty intense, though. Coming off of that win in Chicago, the Pegulas submitting a winning bid in the days leading up, Jimbo just announced to be cancer-free... The Fish ran into a buzzsaw that Sunday that they had no way of overcoming, both on the field and in the stands.

This year's opener against the Colts will be electric, no doubt. Rex's debut, ratcheted-up expectations... It'll be interesting to see how the two compare.

Can't wait!

The atmosphere for the home opener last year was pretty intense, though. Coming off of that win in Chicago, the Pegulas submitting a winning bid in the days leading up, Jimbo just announced to be cancer-free... The Fish ran into a buzzsaw that Sunday that they had no way of overcoming, both on the field and in the stands.

This year's opener against the Colts will be electric, no doubt. Rex's debut, ratcheted-up expectations... It'll be interesting to see how the two compare.

Can't wait!

I think the difference this year will be the product on the field. Yes, all the stars aligned for that opener last year but I just think this playoff talk FINALLY has some legitimacy to it. It feels as though both fans and players expect nothing less than a playoff spot this year.

:):thumbsup:

I think the difference this year will be the product on the field. Yes, all the stars aligned for that opener last year but I just think this playoff talk FINALLY has some legitimacy to it. It feels as though both fans and players expect nothing less than a playoff spot this year.

In retrospect, sure. But the playoff hopes were pretty high after week two last year. I distinctly remember someone in my section yelling "WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!" when the Fish game ended.

It would be hard to top last years HO. But this year might do it.

Best ownership in the league.

Several positions majorly upgraded.

Coaching that actually gets the Bills mentioned on NFL network.

Elite running and passing - top defense.

Expectations-Colts get ready for the buzz saw !!

Go ! Bills!

In retrospect, sure. But the playoff hopes were pretty high after week two last year. I distinctly remember someone in my section yelling "WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!" when the Fish game ended.

at 2-0 and beating what was thought to be a good bears team -- super bowl was silly, but playoffs sure were a real thought.

at 2-0 and beating what was thought to be a good bears team -- super bowl was silly, but playoffs sure were a real thought.

Absolutely. Not that the optimism wasn't unfounded or silly in the end, and not that there's not a lot MORE to be optimistic about this year.

But in that moment at 4:30 on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon in Buffalo last year? Man, I wish I could bottle that feeling.

Absolutely. Not that the optimism wasn't unfounded or silly in the end, and not that there's not a lot MORE to be optimistic about this year.

But in that moment at 4:30 on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon in Buffalo last year? Man, I wish I could bottle that feeling.

I'm thinking they lose no more than 1 home game all year.

I'm thinking they lose no more than 1 home game all year.

I figured 2... But can also see all wins at home- hard to determine when I am looking through rose colored glasses or objectively... Injuries also influence things quite a bit, but for the first time in a long time, we have some quality depth

I can't help but be excited, but at the same time have that sinking feeling in my gut that I've been here way too many times. Either way, I enjoy the season, I wish we played 18+ games.

Nope, this year is different. There actually IS a freaking ton of talent everywhere and for the first time in a looong time, we have the coaching to make that talent excel. Even without Marcel in week 1, the Colts won't stand a chance at the Ralph. When they come out of that tunnel, holy shiit, watch out boys.....

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

While I'm excited, I can't say I'm more excited than in years past. I always get myself excited for the season and the possibility of doing well because if I didn't then what would be the point of watching? I feel like we've always been given reasons to be excited (2012: Mario Williams, 2013: Drafted a QB in the first round, 2014: Sammy Watkins). Not saying this year won't be different, but I can say I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.

It is pretty incredible how kids who are or will soon be in HS weren't even born the last time the Bills were in the playoffs. All they've known all their lives is Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, New England, etc.

95 days, 55 minutes!

Now we're down to 94 days, 20 hours, and 39 minutes. I'm pumped.

Edited by Talley56

God I would like to experience this. A buddy that I met last year, a rare Bills fan in these parts, invited me to the HO. He is driving up for the game, and his family had some extra tix. All I needed was airfare. Well, he and I got into it two weeks ago at the bar. I knocked him out. We ain't friends no more. I regret losing my temper. I regret losing a friend. I really regret losing a ticket to the opener! Dude was an **** though.

God I would like to experience this. A buddy that I met last year, a rare Bills fan in these parts, invited me to the HO. He is driving up for the game, and his family had some extra tix. All I needed was airfare. Well, he and I got into it two weeks ago at the bar. I knocked him out. We ain't friends no more. I regret losing my temper. I regret losing a friend. I really regret losing a ticket to the opener! Dude was an **** though.

Umm... that's a shame. On many levels.

Maybe next year?

Umm... that's a shame. On many levels.

Maybe next year?

Maybe. I'm concentrating on KC now. Much more doable for me. OMG, I have trouble just imagining what it will be like at RWS on opening day this year! I haven't been to a game since 1980 when I was seven.