Fred Jackson: Bills want to give Shady 300+ carries

McCoy will flop. But fret not Bills fans. Fred will pick up the slack and lead this team to the playoffs.

If Freddy shows up another star running back, he will become legend. I hope it happens! Fredex delivers!! Forever, and ever, amen!!!

McCoy won't have the benefit of a Chip Kelly or Andy Reid offense here. He also won't have a dominant run blocking offensive line like he had for most of his career in Philly. Look at how the other RBs have done there in that time...even the past two years with Bryce Brown and Darren Sproles. McCoy is a good player, but he won't be putting up those kinds of numbers here. He's not a punishing runner. He needs to get to the second level to do most of his damage. The guy dances around in the backfield too much and he won't get away with that here. He's a better version of CJ.

On the other hand, if Greg Roman really is an upgrade to Marrone's cluelessness (and how could he not be?), I think Fred Jackson will benefit most from it. Everyone is quick to say he's lost a step, but not only was he playing hurt last year, but he's never been the burner type anyway. McCoy will get more chances because of his name, his contract and who we gave up to get him, but by the end of the year, Fred will again prove to be the best RB on the team.

Yes, he's getting up there in age, but take a wild guess as to who has more career carries between the two.

McCoy won't have the benefit of a Chip Kelly or Andy Reid offense here. He also won't have a dominant run blocking offensive line like he had for most of his career in Philly. Look at how the other RBs have done there in that time...even the past two years with Bryce Brown and Darren Sproles. McCoy is a good player, but he won't be putting up those kinds of numbers here. He's not a punishing runner. He needs to get to the second level to do most of his damage. The guy dances around in the backfield too much and he won't get away with that here. He's a better version of CJ.

On the other hand, if Greg Roman really is an upgrade to Marrone's cluelessness (and how could he not be?), I think Fred Jackson will benefit most from it. Everyone is quick to say he's lost a step, but not only was he playing hurt last year, but he's never been the burner type anyway. McCoy will get more chances because of his name, his contract and who we gave up to get him, but by the end of the year, Fred will again prove to be the best RB on the team.

Yes, he's getting up there in age, but take a wild guess as to who has more career carries between the two.

I love Fred as much as anyone but this is just wrong (no offense). They didn't sign the league's 3rd leading rusher to a $40m deal to backup anybody.

I love Fred as much as anyone but this is just wrong (no offense). They didn't sign the league's 3rd leading rusher to a $40m deal to backup anybody.

He's spent some real time on this too, is the most impressive part

If Freddy shows up another star running back, he will become legend. I hope it happens! Fredex delivers!! Forever, and ever, amen!!!

It will be great news if our 40 million dollar rb sucks so bad that a 34 year old guy with one 1,000 yard season to his name starts. Basically, u are saying you hope for zero production this year out of the rb position because u know he won't magically go for 1000+ yards all of a sudden when he hasn't been able to do it in several years. U Fred groupies are something else. I hope he is cut so we don't have to hear about this crap anymore.

McCoy will flop. But fret not Bills fans. Fred will pick up the slack and lead this team to the playoffs.

Lololololololol ! McCoy will flop, let's just ignore the fact he leads the league in rushing for the last half decade.

What other bold predictions do you have ? What's our final record ? Whose the starting qb ? Marrone returns mid season too right ?

It will be great news if our 40 million dollar rb sucks so bad that a 34 year old guy with one 1,000 yard season to his name starts. Basically, u are saying you hope for zero production this year out of the rb position because u know he won't magically go for 1000+ yards all of a sudden when he hasn't been able to do it in several years. U Fred groupies are something else. I hope he is cut so we don't have to hear about this crap anymore.

Yep, you're right. that was a dumb way for me to put it. Sorta cutting off my nose to spite my face. I don't really care for McCoy, and I'm a big fan of Fred, so my bias showed through. Good thing I am not GM, eh?

I've never seen so many "fans" hoping for a player's failure. Kind of strange. Be it Fred or McCoy what's with all of the ill will?

Fred groupies think if Mccoy fails it will prove how great Fred is or something crazy. You see, they like pointing to the fact that the bills kept him over lynch and spiller and they think it actually has something to do with Fred instead of the reality that spiller (and lynch's attitude) made lynch expendable and the bills didn't know how to use spiller nor did they want to pay him too much...although they offered him a fair deal that would have paid him more than they ever paid fred. I guess my point is that it's just people being out of touch with reality when it comes to fred.

Fred groupies think if Mccoy fails it will prove how great Fred is or something crazy. You see, they like pointing to the fact that the bills kept him over lynch and spiller and they think it actually has something to do with Fred instead of the reality that spiller (and lynch's attitude) made lynch expendable and the bills didn't know how to use spiller nor did they want to pay him too much...although they offered him a fair deal that would have paid him more than they ever paid fred. I guess my point is that it's just people being out of touch with reality when it comes to fred.

I love Fred and hope he gets 100 carries and averages over 5 yards per rush. If Roman is truly a run-game guru and we can field a competent OL, I think this is possible.

But Shady is wearing Buffalo blue these days so that makes me a fan of him, too. I hope he gets 250 carries and averages more than 5 ypc too.

I want carries and yards for everyone.

Or maybe that just root for the character players on the bills?