If Republicans Win in 2016

Lol, oh, its suggested which means its true. Please don't go away, your ignorance is humorous

You have to be the dumbest SOB on the face of the planet. WE HAVE NEVER HAD A FEDERAL CONSUMPTION TAX. That means that ANY numbers are arbitrary when suggesting an amount to be taxed. Can your feeble little cerebrum process that? No, don't bother - you have no bloody hope of ever being able to accurately process a thought, answer a question, or carry on any kind of conversation without tossing out the most laughable, juvenile, immature swill that even a 10 year-old would find ridiculous.

You contribute absolutely nothing except nonsense, and your lame schtick is getting old. You're not even funny anymore, you're just an obnoxious, childish, moron who likes to try to bait people into your stupid, useless 'debates'.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You contribute absolutely nothing except nonsense, and your lame schtick is getting old. You're not even funny anymore, you're just an obnoxious, childish, moron who likes to try to bait people into your stupid, useless 'debates'.

Azalin, join us in the no response club...........it's nice and calm here.

Yes, we occasionally laugh and mock the more inane responses, but direct questions ?

What the hell for ?

He doesn't have the ability, nor does he keep up with anything outside his bubble for any type of debate.

Azalin, join us in the no response club...........it's nice and calm here.

Yes, we occasionally laugh and mock the more inane responses, but direct questions ?

What the hell for ?

He doesn't have the ability, nor does he keep up with anything outside his bubble for any type of debate.

Yeah, I think it's about time. I've had disagreements with birddog, JTSP, lybob, and Baskin, but none of them have degenerated into such childish nonsense as 'poopyhead'.

Seeing there in no consumption tax in place now any number is going to be a suggestion. Who here is using that number as a stated fact? :doh:

yep the numbers are a suggestion

50% flat tax on all income over $100,000 no deductions all income taxed the same

10% federal sales tax on everything except food and medicine

.5% financial transaction tax

12% corporate tax no deductions

yep the numbers are a suggestion

50% flat tax on all income over $100,000 no deductions all income taxed the same

Ok but why 50% and why $100k? That's absurd. So someone making $300k (actually quite common here in the bay area) is going to pay $100k (plus whatever you're suggesting the first $100k is taxed at) in taxes?

And a 10% federal sales tax on top of the nearly 10% we pay here in CA? Double absurd.

Ok but why 50% and why $100k? That's absurd. So someone making $300k (actually quite common here in the bay area) is going to pay $100k (plus whatever you're suggesting the first $100k is taxed at) in taxes?

And a 10% federal sales tax on top of the nearly 10% we pay here in CA? Double absurd.

The premise of a federal sales tax is to virtually eliminate the IRS by doing away with income tax. Best estimates that I have heard is about 20% would be necessary to bring in the same revenue as we have now. Under no circumstances should we allow a Value Added Tax, which would provide the government an avenue to hide taxes and play favorites. Lyrbob's proposal is ridiculous and nothing more than a giant transfer of wealth and one that keeps the door ajar for the government to get more and more. Google the "Fair Tax" or Mark Levin with it and you'll find a lot of info on it.

The premise of a federal sales tax is to virtually eliminate the IRS by doing away with income tax. Best estimates that I have heard is about 20% would be necessary to bring in the same revenue as we have now. Under no circumstances should we allow a Value Added Tax, which would provide the government an avenue to hide taxes and play favorites. Lyrbob's proposal is ridiculous and nothing more than a giant transfer of wealth and one that keeps the door ajar for the government to get more and more. Google the "Fair Tax" or Mark Levin with it and you'll find a lot of info on it.

lybob was saying a 10% federal sales tax along with a 50% income tax on anything above $100k. That's the issue I have is having both.

Under no circumstances should we allow a Value Added Tax, which would provide the government an avenue to hide taxes and play favorites.

It really drives up the cost of things significantly - they use it in Spain, and I imagine most other European nations do as well.

lybob was saying a 10% federal sales tax along with a 50% income tax on anything above $100k. That's the issue I have is having both.

Under no circumstances can we keep any kind of income tax but then allow the Feds to have a sales tax too. Lyrbob has no clue, and in fact, never had a clue. He's making this schit up and has no idea if his proposal, unworkable as it is, would fund the government or be too much. Anyway there is a lot of good info out there re the Fair Tax, and in my opinion it is the way to go.

Under no circumstances can we keep any kind of income tax but then allow the Feds to have a sales tax too. Lyrbob has no clue, and in fact, never had a clue. He's making this schit up and has no idea if his proposal, unworkable as it is, would fund the government or be too much. Anyway there is a lot of good info out there re the Fair Tax, and in my opinion it is the way to go.

Agree. Tax rates need to be much flatter and if and when they're changed, they change equally for all eliminating either party's ability to change taxes in a direction that favors their voters. That and small business should pay tax on income when that income is paid out rather then when that income is booked. I'm sure that most on the left have no idea that S-corp shareholders pay income tax on income that their owners haven't been paid.

the first 100k is taxed at zero so at 300k a third is going to the federal government

Edited by ....lybob

single and anything that is income is income

Well you just killed the institution of marriage. So a couple can live together and make $200k between them and pay zero federal income tax? What a boom that would be for states with no income tax.

And anything that is income is income? Brilliant. I think there's a career for you on the Ways and Means Committee. How will bond income be taxed? Dividends? Long and short term gains? Sale of a primary residence??

Well you just killed the institution of marriage. So a couple can live together and make $200k between them and pay zero federal income tax? What a boom that would be for states with no income tax.

And anything that is income is income? Brilliant. I think there's a career for you on the Ways and Means Committee. How will bond income be taxed? Dividends? Long and short term gains? Sale of a primary residence??

yep a unmarried or married couple could live together and make 200k between them and pay zero federal income tax of course if one made 200k and the other person made zero the person making 200k is paying 50k of federal tax - and again all income is treated the same - capital gains are adjusted for inflation and improvements - example you buy a house in 1980 for 40k inflation makes that 40k in 1980 worth 115k in 2015, lets say in 1990 you added a addition for 12k and in 2015 you spend 30k in major improvements to Bathrooms and kitchen- so 115k + 22k (12k adjusted for inflation) + 30k= 167k is you base if you sell at 200k then your capital gain would be 33k.

yep a unmarried or married couple could live together and make 200k between them and pay zero federal income tax of course if one made 200k and the other person made zero the person making 200k is paying 50k of federal tax - and again all income is treated the same - capital gains are adjusted for inflation and improvements - example you buy a house in 1980 for 40k inflation makes that 40k in 1980 worth 115k in 2015, lets say in 1990 you added a addition for 12k and in 2015 you spend 30k in major improvements to Bathrooms and kitchen- so 115k + 22k (12k adjusted for inflation) + 30k= 167k is you base if you sell at 200k then your capital gain would be 33k.

Good job with the math. What I meant was HOW will capital gains be taxed? As income?

Lybob should just skip to the end and institute a salary cap. No one will be allowed to make over $100k.

Nope