McCain's Militia on the Move Again

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCain's Militia claim "mission accomplished" in retake of Ramadi....

Isil claims full control of Ramadi in major blow to Iraqi government

An army lieutenant colonel who was among the troops that withdrew from the operations command centre confirmed that IS now controlled all of the main security bases in the city.

"Army and police and all forces that were stationed at the Anbar operations command have pulled out, as they have from the nearby police station and judicial compound," he said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

"Daesh has just taken full control of all main security bases... They torched the main petrol station at operations command as soon as they took over," he said, using an Arabic acronym for Isil.

The jihadists' major push to take Ramadi two days earlier trapped hundreds of members of Iraqi forces in their bases with no supply lines and insufficient support to fight back.

A video surfaced on Facebook on Sunday of soldiers inside a base pleading with their superiors for reinforcements and supplies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11611598/Isil-claims-full-control-of-Ramadi-in-major-blow-to-Iraqi-government.html

No wonder McCain wants to "bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" .... they keep taking on his militia!

Iran-backed militias 'head for Iraq's IS-held Ramadi'

The Iraqi government is reported to be sending Iran-backed Shia militias to Ramadi to recapture the city seized by Islamic State (IS) militants on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32777138

Edited by JTSP

If McCain has a militia that we are supposed to care about, what does Obama have?

Who exactly were the idiots, both in the Senate and here on this board, that told us "The Surge" in Iraq was never going to work? Hint: Obama is on the list.

Who is the idiot that then chose to retreat from the ground gained by "The Surge", that did work, after running around and telling everybody the war was won because it was over, as if those 2 are the same things.

I'll answer the question: if McCain has a militia, then, Obama has 4 Army Groups, one each in Lybia, Egypt, Syria and Iraq. And coming soon: a nuclear-capable Iran.

Yeah, McCain is the FAIL focal point here, not Obama. :lol::wacko:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

McCain's Militia on the move again (sung to the tune of "On the Road Again)

ISIS Seizes Ancient Syrian City of Palmyra

BEIRUT ISIS Extremists seized almost full control of the ancient Syrian town of Palmyra after government defense lines there collapsed on Wednesday, though it remained unclear how close to the famed archaeological site the extremists advanced, activists said.

"I am terrified," said Maamoun Abdulkarim, Syria's director-general of antiquities and museums. "This is a PR battle for Daesh, and they will insist on scoring victory against civilization by destroying" the ancient ruins, he said, using the Arabic acronym for the group.

isis-truck-convoy-anbar-province.jpg

palmyra-syria-263524-sw.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/isis-seizes-ancient-syrian-city-palmyra-n362191

Edited by JTSP

FWIW.

John McCain: We’re Losing to ISIS

President Obama’s plan to “degrade and ultimately defeat” ISIS is failing, according to Senator John McCain (R., Ariz.).
“The president [must] recognize that he was incorrect when he said we`re not losing,” McCain said on Face the Nation on Sunday morning. “We need to have a strategy. There is no strategy. And anybody that says that there is, I would like to hear what it is, because it certainly isn`t apparent now, and right now we are seeing these horrible — reports are now in Palmyra they`re executing people and leaving their bodies in the streets. Meanwhile, the president of the United States is saying that the biggest enemy we have is climate change.”
Obama told The Atlantic that the recent capture of Ramadi by ISIS terrorists is just a “tactical setback.” McCain said that he believes the American people would support deploying “a number of thousands” of troops back to Iraq.
“I called for the resignation of Donald Rumsfeld, my own president`s secretary of defense, because I saw we were losing,” he said. “Then, George W. Bush at least had the guts to reverse and sponsor the surge, which we eventually then succeeded. I wish, I pray that Barack Obama would do the same thing.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

FWIW.

John McCain: We’re Losing to ISIS

President Obama’s plan to “degrade and ultimately defeat” ISIS is failing, according to Senator John McCain (R., Ariz.).
“The president [must] recognize that he was incorrect when he said we`re not losing,” McCain said on Face the Nation on Sunday morning. “We need to have a strategy. There is no strategy. And anybody that says that there is, I would like to hear what it is, because it certainly isn`t apparent now, and right now we are seeing these horrible — reports are now in Palmyra they`re executing people and leaving their bodies in the streets. Meanwhile, the president of the United States is saying that the biggest enemy we have is climate change.”
Obama told The Atlantic that the recent capture of Ramadi by ISIS terrorists is just a “tactical setback.” McCain said that he believes the American people would support deploying “a number of thousands” of troops back to Iraq.
“I called for the resignation of Donald Rumsfeld, my own president`s secretary of defense, because I saw we were losing,” he said. “Then, George W. Bush at least had the guts to reverse and sponsor the surge, which we eventually then succeeded. I wish, I pray that Barack Obama would do the same thing.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Of course no mention at all of how the McCain militia helped create the problem in the first place by a) destabilizing Syria, and before that b) cheerleading for the removal of Saddam which destabilized Iraq.

This ass has a huge hand in creating the mess, and then runs around crying foul at everyone else

Edited by JTSP

Of course no mention at all of how the McCain militia helped create the problem in the first place by a) destabilizing Syria, and before that b) cheerleading for the removal of Saddam which destabilized Iraq.

This ass has a huge hand in creating the mess, and then runs around crying foul at everyone else

And again I ask: do you really expect us to focus on McCain, and not Obama, regarding Syria? :wacko: Who created the "red line" in Syria?

Who pulled our troops out of places like Fallujah and Ramadi, that they took from the enemy, directly due to The Surge, that clowns like you told us would never work? Why are we hearing the names of those towns on the news again? Is that McCain's fault, or Obama's?

Are you ever going to answer for being completely wrong about The Surge?

Or, is this your way of getting back at McCain for being the #1 supporter of The Surge, and therefore, the #1 propopent of making you into an assclown?

Or, is this your way of getting back at McCain for being the #1 supporter of The Surge, and therefore, the #1 propopent of making you into an assclown?

Funny. But let's be fair to Joe the Sandusky Proponent. He was an assclown.....and a cretin......way before McCain ever did anything.

One would think that you would be a little more self-aware and not complain about a post being one sided :lol:

And again I ask: do you really expect us to focus on McCain, and not Obama, regarding Syria? :wacko: Who created the "red line" in Syria?

Who pulled our troops out of places like Fallujah and Ramadi, that they took from the enemy, directly due to The Surge, that clowns like you told us would never work? Why are we hearing the names of those towns on the news again? Is that McCain's fault, or Obama's?

Are you ever going to answer for being completely wrong about The Surge?

Forgetting about the immorality of invading and destablizing countries on false premises and wherein scores of civilians and american personnel die (which sadly on this audience is the case anyway), there is the practical reality we don't have unlimited budgets to stay forever. You think the trillion+ we ran up in Iraq and the biggest financial crisis since the great depression were somehow unrelated ? You think this federal government that has $18 trillion debt outstanding can keep borrow and spend to infinity? Wake up man we can't even afford to rebuild our own nation much less run around nation building somewhere else Edited by JTSP

Ok, I'll play along. How were the Iraq war and the financial crisis related?

There's no way I'm going to try to teach you about economics, international finance, the banking system, financial markets, effects of budget deficits, etc etc. If you can't understand something as simple as borrowing and spending can't continue ad infinitum there's no point. Edited by JTSP