Now is the time to sign Terrell Pryor - as a pass catcher

He HAS to be open to playing WR now. Can't stay employed as QB. Do it. Chip will - he recruited him relentlessly to Oregon.

@ProFootballTalk: The Chiefs have released QB Terrelle Pryor per league source.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? He's not beating out Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Easley, Goodwin, Hogan,Thigpen or Lewis so what is the point?

Why wouldn't he be capable of beating the last four out.

Lewis will likely end up on the practice squad and Thigpen is redundant now that Harvin is on board. That leaves Goodwin and Hogan, neither of which are that entrenched, IMO...

Edited by Lurker

Why wouldn't he be capable of beating the last four out.

Lewis will likely end up on the practice squad and Thigpen is redundant now that Harvin is on board. That leaves Goodwin and Hogan, neither of which are that entrenched, IMO...

yea, but we are talking about a guy that has never played WR, and is turning 26. i dont think he was saying those guys are GREAT, just that theres no reason to expect pryor to impress.

Why exactly do we want a former college QB at WR?

its his best NFL position. Eveyone knows that, including Coaches and scouts. They have been trying to convince him to convert since he was coming into the league. The bills were very interested in adding a big WR.

Then we can sign Tebow to TE, move Hogan to CB and sign LeBron James as our QB and the off season is complete.

sure. This is actually not a joke, he can play WR.

yea, but we are talking about a guy that has never played WR, and is turning 26. i dont think he was saying those guys are GREAT, just that theres no reason to expect pryor to impress.

True. But my point to the poster was that the fifth WR position is still open. If Pryor at 6'4" 230 could show anything at WR in camp, he'd be an intriguing match up option...

True. But my point to the poster was that the fifth WR position is still open. If Pryor at 6'4" 230 could show anything at WR in camp, he'd be an intriguing match up option...

he is 6'6 and runs a 4.5. He would be an endzone threat and imagine the flea flicker possibilities

he has lined up at WR in college and practiced route running quite a bit. I know Scouts who said he would have been a high pick if he converted to WR when he was drafted. Belichik signed Devin Gardner who is nowhere near as fast as a UDFA WR and he never played it in college. It's a pickup that could turn into something. If he doesn't impress in camp, you just cut him.

This is assuming he will agree to play WR, he's just been cut by his 3rd team because he insists on playing qb. I don't think he is a good QB but this most recent release may have him rethink his position if he wants to keep collecting an NFL paycheck.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Belichik signed Devin Gardner who is nowhere near as fast as a UDFA WR and he never played it in college. It's a pickup that could turn into something. If he doesn't impress in camp, you just cut him.

Gardner -- 23

Pryor -- turns 26 next month

i know you love yourself some buckeyes, but i think you are overstating the case for him. yes, he is big and runs fast but theres more to being a receiver than that and if it takes him a few years to put it together hes going on 30. there are a lot of tall and fast guys with less learning curve that really want to play WR.

Gardner -- 23

Pryor -- turns 26 next month

i know you love yourself some buckeyes, but i think you are overstating the case for him. yes, he is big and runs fast but theres more to being a receiver than that and if it takes him a few years to put it together hes going on 30. there are a lot of tall and fast guys with less learning curve that really want to play WR.

why not just take a chance? It's not like he's our #1 WR. It's not as if we are committed to keeping him. Bring him into camp and see what he can do. If they don't think he could help them win games this year, cut him. They don't need to give him a 4-yr contract and develop him until hes 30? He has a unique skill set. We do not have any pass catchers with that size and speed.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/lrZYZktLdns

Btw I do not "love" him at all, I just know what he can do. He's one of my least favorite Buckeyes ever.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Devin Gardner was playing WR during the 2012 season at Michigan until Denard Robinson got hurt and then he moved back to QB.

he should have stayed at WR. Anyway he was at WR in the east west shrine game and looked really rough. Not a bad PS candidate though. Edited by YoloinOhio

As the previous guy said, I was not saying they were great but they all have multiple years of experience at the position over a guy like Pryor who Goodwin runs faster, Hogan runs better routes, Thigpen returns kicks, Lewis is pretty much what you're looking to get out of Pryor but younger with much more experience. They all have a decided advantage over someone switching positions and learning on the fly in the NFL.

As the previous guy said, I was not saying they were great but they all have multiple years of experience at the position over a guy like Pryor who Goodwin runs faster, Hogan runs better routes, Thigpen returns kicks, Lewis is pretty much what you're looking to get out of Pryor but younger with much more experience. They all have a decided advantage over someone switching positions and learning on the fly in the NFL.

its reasonable to have low expectations but why not just bring him into camp and see what he can do? Give him a 1 yr deal. If he can't beat out one of those guys then just cut him. But we literally have no one like him on the roster. As far as route running this is a guy who would be 5th or 6th WR. You might throw to him once or twice a game in the red zone. He is a superior athlete and he can play the position. This isn't a guy who you are lining up on every series. He could also play TE. The whole key is getting him to agree to make the switch. Edited by YoloinOhio

So many guys are like this. Excellent athletic talent, generally speaking.

Can't play football, that's the problem.

he doesn't fall into the "can't play football" category, he falls into the "can't play NFL QB" category.

he doesn't fall into the "can't play football" category, he falls into the "can't play NFL QB" category.

Right, but that's the context of this conversation, isn't it?

We aren't debating his ability to play defensive end for the Frankfurt Galaxy, are we?