Oh, crap

40 days without soft drinks, coffee or alcohol. :doh:

But with green tea. :doh:

233108[/snapback]

Well, is it 40 days in OUR human time, or 40 days in Bible time? Because accoriding to some around here, you could be without soda, coffee and booze for a several millennia.

Well, is it 40 days in OUR human time, or 40 days in Bible time? Because accoriding to some around here, you could be without soda, coffee and booze for a several millennia.

233135[/snapback]

Time is relative according to Albert Einstein. But DCTom and company know more then he does :doh:

I'm gonna eat a big old Italian sub for lunch, with extra meat, I'm gonna make sure to eat meat every friday, and twice on good friday. Why? Because so long as I repent for those egregious errors before I die, I gotta one way ticket to heaven. Man, I love Catholicism.

Why do you guys mock organize religion, yet still adhere to the rules of your church?  Seems pretty hypocritcal to me.

233311[/snapback]

I quit doing that years ago. Used to do it because my family made me. I had to go to Sunday school every frigging week, and I hated it. For a while (years) I had to go to church - hated it. I now go on Christmas only because I know my mom enjoys me being there, but i honestly get nothing out of it.

Something that really pissed me off was a few weeks ago with that guy that parked his truck on the train tracks and killed those people (10 or 11 died). We brought up religion here at work, as one of the women here is very religious. Anyway, when asked, she said that she did believe the man in the truck would go to heaven if he completly and honestly repented for his sin (and his other sins before that). We asked her then if the people who died had done some bad things that morning (not murder by any means, but say they used the lord's name in vein, they checked out their hot neighbor who was wearing a short skirt, etc, etc) and hadn't repented yet, if they would go to hell? And she said "That's for God to decide, but if the man who parked his truck there really truthfull repents, he will go to heaven".

Wow.

just got back from lunch with my kindergartener, to my surprise there was no non-meat entree in the cafeteria, save from a "salad". so i went without and watched my son eat his chicken filet sammy(i am not going to force him not eat meat). so i get home and call the county school food services department and registered my complaint, the supervisor apologized for the omission and took the responsibiltiy saying that being a non-catholic, she dod not think about it......nice, try that with some other groups and watch the melee ensue!

40 days without soft drinks, coffee or alcohol. <_<

But with green tea. <_<

233108[/snapback]

for me, i do not mock the religion, i am just not a church goer, but being raised a roman catholic, it is just engrained that you do not eat meat on fridays, and ash wednesday and i usually consider giving something up, but rarely do i succeed <_<

Why do you guys mock organize religion, yet still adhere to the rules of your church?  Seems pretty hypocritcal to me.

233311[/snapback]

just got back from lunch with my kindergartener, to my surprise there was no non-meat entree in the cafeteria, save from a "salad".

I don't think the church requires small kids to adhere to the no-meat rule until they've had their first communion. I ate spagetti with no meat yesterday, so I'm telling God that I got ahead of the bandwagon crowd today and Fat Tuesday was my no-meat day.