Draft Rewind: 2013 (Yuck)

symbiant

I expect Sammy to have a big impact this year. With Shady and Harvin around to take the focus off Sammy he will shred defenses. We just have to pray we have a QB that can get him the ball.

We could start by running some screens for him, which he was a monster at in college. Our playcalling was so bad last year.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you even read what is being said or are you just a broken record? Sammy might be good, heck he might be great. He might make the pro bowl some day. But Beckham has already made the pro bowl. He's already that guy you hope Sammy will be. Sammy is not going to get the ball enough to put up those kinds of numbers in this offense. If you are a run first team then what are you doing trading away a 1st for a WR in the deepest WR draft of all time? I don't care if it was Jerry Rice that you are trading up for. No WR could live up to that on this team. A run first team with no QB that needs other players as well and hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years has no business trading up for a WR. You guys think there is nobody good at #19 this year? Watch the draft Thurs and see. There will be about a dozen guys you will wish we could have had that will be long gone by pick 50.

I have read and understand everything you have posted. I just disagree. I happen to believe that the new offense, run-first or whatever, is going to open up things for Sammy to flourish. I expect him, now healthy, to have a great season and be one of the best WR's in the NFL. Again, why don't you put your money where your mouth is since you're so sure, and make your signature your post about Sammy never living up to the trade?

Also, I'd still like to see some of your posts, pre-2014 draft, where you were trumpeting about OBJ and how he would be the best WR in the class. Even if you were privy to all 32 teams draft boards, I highly doubt any of them had OBJ over Sammy.

I have read and understand everything you have posted. I just disagree. I happen to believe that the new offense, run-first or whatever, is going to open up things for Sammy to flourish. I expect him, now healthy, to have a great season and be one of the best WR's in the NFL. Again, why don't you put your money where your mouth is since you're so sure, and make your signature your post about Sammy never living up to the trade?

Also, I'd still like to see some of your posts, pre-2014 draft, where you were trumpeting about OBJ and how he would be the best WR in the class. Even if you were privy to all 32 teams draft boards, I highly doubt any of them had OBJ over Sammy.

Yea you definitely aren't getting it so I won't beat a dead horse. The point you are missing is Sammy is good. OBJ is good. Didn't matter which one we got because we can't get the ball to them enough anyhow. If he touches the ball 8 times a game this year that will be a lot. Not worth trading up for a WR, especially when there were about 5 good WR's last year and a bunch in this year's draft too. Let's move on though

Yea you definitely aren't getting it so I won't beat a dead horse. The point you are missing is Sammy is good. OBJ is good. Didn't matter which one we got because we can't get the ball to them enough anyhow. If he touches the ball 8 times a game this year that will be a lot. Not worth trading up for a WR, especially when there were about 5 good WR's last year and a bunch in this year's draft too. Let's move on though

No I do get it, but what you are failing to comprehend is that EVERYONE thought Sammy Watkins was the best WR to come out of college football since AJ Green. Further, it has been reported that Sammy was the TOP player on more than a few team's draft boards.

Your claim that Whaley and our scouting department somehow should have known that OBJ was going to be comparable because he warms up by catching balls one-handed is completely asinine. The fact is, we do not know what both players will have achieved 5 years from now. Therefore, you cannot possibly assert that Sammy's play will not justify the trade, at this time. Maybe one of our QB's gets it together and Sammy goes for 1,500 yards and 15 TD's this season. In that scenario, will the trade then be justified? Please define what he has to do to justify the trade.

No I do get it, but what you are failing to comprehend is that EVERYONE thought Sammy Watkins was the best WR to come out of college football since AJ Green. Further, it has been reported that Sammy was the TOP player on more than a few team's draft boards.

Your claim that Whaley and our scouting department somehow should have known that OBJ was going to be comparable because he warms up by catching balls one-handed is completely asinine. The fact is, we do not know what both players will have achieved 5 years from now. Therefore, you cannot possibly assert that Sammy's play will not justify the trade, at this time. Maybe one of our QB's gets it together and Sammy goes for 1,500 yards and 15 TD's this season. In that scenario, will the trade then be justified? Please define what he has to do to justify the trade.

Sammy might be better but he will never be worth 2 1st round picks better than the other guys in that draft. Never. Jerry Rice himself probably wouldn't be worth it in this offense. We are a run first team and we have no QB. Doesn't make sense to ever trade up for a WR let alone when you don't even have a QB to get them the ball. If we had a QB maybe things would have been different

Do you even read what is being said or are you just a broken record? Sammy might be good, heck he might be great. He might make the pro bowl some day. But Beckham has already made the pro bowl. He's already that guy you hope Sammy will be. Sammy is not going to get the ball enough to put up those kinds of numbers in this offense. If you are a run first team then what are you doing trading away a 1st for a WR in the deepest WR draft of all time? I don't care if it was Jerry Rice that you are trading up for. No WR could live up to that on this team. A run first team with no QB that needs other players as well and hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years has no business trading up for a WR. You guys think there is nobody good at #19 this year? Watch the draft Thurs and see. There will be about a dozen guys you will wish we could have had that will be long gone by pick 50.

The Giants ran the ball 449 times the Bills 402 times that's 147 more times than the Bills yet Beckham did good by your own account. Dallas 508 rushed times Des Bryant 88 Rec. 1320 yds 16 TDs. Philly rushed 474 times Maclin 85 Rec. 1318 yds 10 TDs. Denver rushed 443 times D. Thomas 111 Rec. 1619 yds 11 TDs and E Sanders 1101 Rec. 1404 yds 9 TDs. Houston rushed 551 times D. Hopkins 76 Rec. 1210 yds 6 TDs. Green Bay rushed 435 times J Nelson 98 Rec. 1519 yds 13Tds and R Cobb 91 Rec. 1287 yds 12 Tds. All those teams rushed the ball more than the Bills. Of the teams that finished in the top half of the league (top 16 teams) in rushing they also had 9 out of the top 16 WRs. The problem last year was three fold Sammy was injured, the team didn't run the ball good enough and the team ranked 26 in 3rd down conversions, 20th in fourth down conversions, and 28 in number of first downs including 31st in rushing first downs.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS