What do you think the record will be based on QB + schedule?

What will the Bills record be this season?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Bills record will be Matt Cassel is the QB for the whole season?

• 0-16
    • 1-15
    • 2-14
    • 3-13
    • 4-12
    • 5-11
    • 6-10
    • 7-9
    • 8-8
    • 9-7
    • 10-6
    • 11-5
    • 12-4
    • 13-3
    • 14-2
    • 15-1
    • 16-0
  2. 2. What do you think the Bills record will be if EJ is the QB for the whole season?

• 0-16
    • 1-15
    • 2-14
    • 3-13
    • 4-12
    • 5-11
    • 6-10
    • 7-9
    • 8-8
    • 9-7
    • 10-6
    • 11-5
    • 12-4
    • 13-3
    • 14-2
    • 15-1
    • 16-0
  3. 3. How many QBs do you think will start games for the Bills this season?

I really don't think that it matters who the QB is that much. Obviously, I'm not downplaying the importance of the QB position. I believe that it will be a 3 man competition and that it is legitimately wide open. The record won't be that different with Cassel or EJ. Tyrod is a wildcard to me as I just haven't seen enough of him. I think that the Bills are about 10-6 or 11-5 with the 1st 2. I have no idea if Tyrod would lead this team to 6 wins or 13.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Bill. You have become a flat out hater of EJ. He has gone 2-2 and 4-6 (with 3 blown 4th quarter leads) in his first 2 years with worse teams.

Hating gets you no where, have a safe trip. I had higher standards for you. Is EJ your new Spiller or Gilmore?

And I had higher standards for you. The poll asked for an OPINION. What does opinion have to do with hate? Seriously, would you please explain? I have nothing invested in Cassel and think that he is probably not the answer. I just don't happen to like EJ's chances.

Why are you offended and lashing out? If you posted numbers opposite to what I did I would simply respect your opinion and disagree.

Sheesh!

And I had higher standards for you. The poll asked for an OPINION. What does opinion have to do with hate? Seriously, would you please explain? I have nothing invested in Cassel and think that he is probably not the answer. I just don't happen to like EJ's chances.

Why are you offended and lashing out? If you posted numbers opposite to what I did I would simply respect your opinion and disagree.

Sheesh!

EJ had a 6-8 record. The Bills upgraded big time. They replaced Marrone with Rex, Hackett with Roman, Jackson with McCoy, Chandler with Clay and "whoever" starting 2014 guard with Incognito. So your 4-12 record comes across as insulting and as you being a Manuel "hater". If that's how you feel than embrace it. Because that 4-12 prediction boldly puts you right there as nominee for president of the EJ Manuel hater club.

If Jerry Hughes was drafted in the first round as a Bill I think you would have been happy trading him away after two years because you seem to be a fan who has little patience for how long it takes college players to make it in the NFL. Your Gilmore "hating" is an example of this impatience.

Edited by 1billsfan

Sheesh!

It really wasn't an opinion based on anything though Bill. On the best team he has played on, EJ will tank more than he did his first 2 seasons? How does that make sense?

But I'm sure if we had Mallet, we'd be SB favorites in your eyes. Maybe EJ needs to go skiing more for you to like him. :)

Your method of blind EJ bashing works better huh?

If the Bills F.O. even dreamed that E.J. could go 10 or 11 wins, you think they bring in ALL the QBs they have and sign Kyle Orton, like last year?

Or

Matt Cassel

Seriously?

If the Bills F.O. even dreamed that E.J. could go 10 or 11 wins, you think they bring in ALL the QBs they have and sign Kyle Orton, like last year?

Or

Matt Cassel

Seriously?

I do. The reason the Bills brought in other QBs is because the QB position is by far the toughest position to learn and become proficient in and EJ was a project QB who would take a few years to develop.

Is this news to you?

I do. The reason the Bills brought in other QBs is because the QB position is by far the toughest position to learn and become proficient in and EJ was a project QB who would take a few years to develop.

Is this news to you?

Oh, OK. He must be on the 4-5 year plan then.

Or

Matt Cassel

Seriously?

A. It's very possible that the FO thinks EJ could go 10/11 wins. But believing and having a statistical certainty are two different things.

B. Even if EJ *does* have what it takes to go 10/11 wins, you need someone better than Tuel as your backup, imo Veterans are better to have for backing up young players, and someone like Cassel/Orton are the best to do it, in case said young QB doesn't pan out, or gets injured.

A. It's very possible that the FO thinks EJ could go 10/11 wins. But believing and having a statistical certainty are two different things.

B. Even if EJ *does* have what it takes to go 10/11 wins, you need someone better than Tuel as your backup, imo Veterans are better to have for backing up young players, and someone like Cassel/Orton are the best to do it, in case said young QB doesn't pan out, or gets injured.

Back up QB is an important position on a playoff caliber team.

A. Then they should start him again to begin the season? Yes?

B. They seem to be scrambling to bring in Vet FA QB's it seems, and Orton contract made him a very highly paid backup, IMO.

I think they haven't quite given up on him yet, but he has show me nothing in terms of improvement or being a # 1 QB.

I was just shocked at the poll results. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe a lot of E.J. backers voted.

Wasn't EJ cut a couple of days after free agency opened?

There is function called a search engine, specifically Google, you put in your question, hit Enter and the results will be your answer.

To find what you seek, I suggest trying that.

Imo

There is function called a search engine, specifically Google, you put in your question, hit Enter and the results will be your answer.

To find what you seek, I suggest trying that.

Imo

Thanks for the suggestion. I did that search engine google thing and found this…
“Look for this to be completed tomorrow AM, also look for EJ to be cut two days after FA opens.”

A. Then they should start him again to begin the season? Yes?

B. They seem to be scrambling to bring in Vet FA QB's it seems, and Orton contract made him a very highly paid backup, IMO.

I think they haven't quite given up on him yet, but he has show me nothing in terms of improvement or being a # 1 QB.

I was just shocked at the poll results. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe a lot of E.J. backers voted.

A. No, because their belief, needs to be proven, hence a competition.

B. There aren't that many good candidates available, not sure what we've seen is scrambling. Orton was in a power position, he waited until near the start of the season because he *could* and took the best offer (the Bills). This year, the Bills decided to not deal with that situation again, and instead traded a low round pick to get it done and over with. I think what the Bills have done is very logical, considering their position. It's not like Rodgers is sitting there waiting to be signed by us. We need to understand that there are only 5-10 QBs in the league that can lead a team to the Superbowl... the rest are basically "game managers" that need an excellent all around team to play on, to have a shot.

I think a lot of people are less "EJ Backers" and more backers of the idea that most QBs take time to develop, and they see potential in a player like EJ. He has physical tools, a strong work ethic, and seems to have respect among his peers off the field. On paper, he's a guy that could work out, and it's in the team's best interest, long term, that he does. If he doesn't, then we try again with a new rookie/young QB next year or the year after. Most teams go through this. The Packers getting Favre/Rodgers, and the Colts getting Manning/Luck is an abnormal situation in the NFL. Most teams swing and miss at the QB position more often than not.

Edited by Dorkington

I think it's pretty much a toss up and picked the same record with either QB. I got both Cassell and EJ getting starts this year. I think EJ wins the job in camp, but misses a few games due to injury and Cassell does fine in his replacement role. 11-5 and playoffs here we come.

A. No, because their belief, needs to be proven, hence a competition.

B. There aren't that many good candidates available, not sure what we've seen is scrambling. Orton was in a power position, he waited until near the start of the season because he *could* and took the best offer (the Bills). This year, the Bills decided to not deal with that situation again, and instead traded a low round pick to get it done and over with. I think what the Bills have done is very logical, considering their position. It's not like Rodgers is sitting there waiting to be signed by us. We need to understand that there are only 5-10 QBs in the league that can lead a team to the Superbowl... the rest are basically "game managers" that need an excellent all around team to play on, to have a shot.

I think a lot of people are less "EJ Backers" and more backers of the idea that most QBs take time to develop, and they see potential in a player like EJ. He has physical tools, a strong work ethic, and seems to have respect among his peers off the field. On paper, he's a guy that could work out, and it's in the team's best interest, long term, that he does. If he doesn't, then we try again with a new rookie/young QB next year or the year after. Most teams go through this. The Packers getting Favre/Rodgers, and the Colts getting Manning/Luck is an abnormal situation in the NFL. Most teams swing and miss at the QB position more often than not.

I hear what ur saying. Which facet of E.J.'s game has developed over the past 2 season? I can see any other than not taking the unnecessary hit?

I hear what ur saying. Which facet of E.J.'s game has developed over the past 2 season? I can see any other than not taking the unnecessary hit?

We'll find out this season, won't we?

To my eyes, he played his best games early in his career, and in 2 minute drill type of situations, when he played "looser". As time went on, he was either coached to be more conservative, or got the fear knocked into him, or a little of both. If he doesn't show improvement this season, then we are back at square one probably. I'm not making any grand predictions here... but EJ has just as good of a shot to develop as anyone we could draft this year, there are no guaranteed franchise starters that are going to drop to the second round.

We go into the new season with a new offensive system, and an open competition, and hopefully someone shines. It'd benefit our team greatly if it's a young guy such as EJ, or even Taylor.

Edited by Dorkington

It really wasn't an opinion based on anything though Bill. On the best team he has played on, EJ will tank more than he did his first 2 seasons? How does that make sense?

But I'm sure if we had Mallet, we'd be SB favorites in your eyes. Maybe EJ needs to go skiing more for you to like him. :)

CB, not all quarterbacks improve with time. Does JP Losman ring a bell? He had one decent statistical season. Or Rob Johnson (the guy I thought would be great :) )?

The Bills are a talented team, just as 1bf stated. Perhaps VERY talented. Brad Hopkins said on Sirius Radio that Manuel playing QB for the Bills is like giving a 16 year old new driver the keys to a new Ferrari. I hope he is wrong and you are correct, but are you now angry at him for thinking something?

Btw on paper, EJ IS about the same as most young qbs. He is also big, works hard, seems smart, and has the tools. But there are things about him that really do scare me, and I care more about winning than I do EJ. My hope is that the coaches make the right decision. Whatever they decide, I will support.

Do you agree or will you be livid if they go with Cassel?