Rex's total contract is more than all previous headcoaches

Doug's walk away money was not for him to coach, it was an option out when they worked out his contract a few years ago and doesn't count. We were also not paying Doug $4 Million a year, it was about $1.75 M a year so go ahead and adjust the math then you'll find about $9.7 M extra.

Marrone's contract was a 4-year/$16 million contract.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12104824/doug-marrone-opts-contract-buffalo-bills

When you get your information ready, all you need to do is highlight the link by going to the beginning of it with your cursor, holding down the left mouse button, then drag it to the right all the way to the end of the link. It should now be blue. When you get there, press down the Ctrl button and HOLD IT, whilst simultaneously pressing the "c" button.

After you do that, you can come here and press down the Ctrl button and HOLD IT, whilst simultaneously pressing the "v" button. V is "voila," because the link to your proof will magically appear in this thread.

Interesting, I have read in multiple places that Doug's total contract was $16 Million for 4 years. Was the contract that backloaded? $1.75M for the first two years, $4M for year three and $8.5M for year four? If that is the case, definitely the math would need to be adjusted. I can't find anywhere that indicates the yearly salary for Marrone, just that it was $16M for 4 years. I'd definitely be interested in a source for that.

Any ideas on Williams' and Gailey's contracts? I can't find anything about them online.

Doug's walk away money was not for him to coach, it was an option out when they worked out his contract a few years ago and doesn't count. We were also not paying Doug $4 Million a year, it was about $1.75 M a year so go ahead and adjust the math then you'll find about $9.7 M extra.

Boo. That's a copout. Why wouldn't it count when it's all part of the total package paid to hire someone to be the coach of the team?

GO BILLS!!!

Interesting, I have read in multiple places that Doug's total contract was $16 Million for 4 years. Was the contract that backloaded? $1.75M for the first two years, $4M for year three and $8.5M for year four? If that is the case, definitely the math would need to be adjusted. I can't find anywhere that indicates the yearly salary for Marrone, just that it was $16M for 4 years. I'd definitely be interested in a source for that.

Any ideas on Williams' and Gailey's contracts? I can't find anything about them online.

That was the case & is the reason why I'm not doing the exact math. There was other considerations for other previous coaches as well that won't count as coaching money but regardless, Rex's total package is by far the most the Bills ever spent for a coach. The combination of previous coaches salary was to show just how much things have changed. I'm wondering if now that the tax exemption is off, will the team's show how much they pay the assistants ?? As I understand, we gave Rex carte Blanche & have a huge payroll in the back of the house. Like triple our previous output.

That was the case & is the reason why I'm not doing the exact math. There was other considerations for other previous coaches as well that won't count as coaching money but regardless, Rex's total package is by far the most the Bills ever spent for a coach. The combination of previous coaches salary was to show just how much things have changed. I'm wondering if now that the tax exemption is off, will the team's show how much they pay the assistants ?? As I understand, we gave Rex carte Blanche & have a huge payroll in the back of the house. Like triple our previous output.

The tax exemption was only for the NFL corporate office. Nothing changes for individual teams as they were already taxable.

Also, the corporate office was only required to divulge salary of top execs like Goodell specifically because of tax exempt status. Now they won't need to.

The tax exemption was only for the NFL corporate office. Nothing changes for individual teams as they were already taxable.

Also, the corporate office was only required to divulge salary of top execs like Goodell specifically because of tax exempt status. Now they won't need to.

dont stop him now, hes on a (t)roll.....