Rex's total contract is more than all previous headcoaches

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably figured they had to pay him enough to have him not just go to TV.

from everything we heard,he really preferred to stay in coaching and only as a HC (Not intererestedin going back to DC). He said he thought about doing TV if he didn't land a HC opportunity, but it wasn't his first choice because he thought it would be harder to get back in with a year in TV than it would be fresh off of a HC job, and he said he knew he wasn't done. But, he says this is his last stop as a HC. Edited by YoloinOhio

I kind of have a tough time believing that. Like the idea of seeing the numbers-- please. Marrone took 4 mil just for leaving.

I'll even help OP out...

Rex's deal is worth $27.5mil. We've been in the drought for 15 years. So those 5 coaches (not counting Fewell) would have to average $1.833mil/year to be at that.

Ralph was generous in many ways, but was convinced by his bean counter buddy Littman that he didn't need to be when it came to coaches. I don't know if Littman could even spell "football" but anyone in the league knows good coaches and front offices are the difference. Littman's departure alone should equal 2 or 3 more wins per year. Probably a little less profit but I don't think the Pegulas are eating mac and cheese every night.

In a league where parity rules, coaching takes on great importance. Beyond the head coach, the quality of coordinators and position coaches is critical. To acquire this expertise, you have to spend dollars, a concept completely lost on Ralph W. as he accumulated his billion dollars + fortune. This of course is reflected in the very sad win/loss record of this franchise.

Enjoy it WNY, this is what it feels like when you have a real NFL owner