More Law Enforcement Fun

Dante

Seriously? The guy voluntarily puts his hands behind his back to be cuffed? Tassed? Still the need to kick him in the groin and beat him with a baton? It makes me wonder how many other things are going on that we will never hear about unless there are cameras around?

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Man-on-Stolen-Horse-Stunned-by-Sheriffs-Deputies-in-IE-299250951.html

Edited by Dante

Police work has always seemed attractive to bully types. Bullies like to beat on people and sometimes they can do just that, say when someone resists arrest.

A critical piece in changing this has to be convincing the better cops to stop condoning and covering for this excessive use of force. Two officers telling the same story versus any number of suspects telliing a different one....in court, who gets believed? Maybe with more events being videotaped, eventually the frequency of these will lessen.

Of course these things take time. The coptor rotors thumping overhead didn't stop that beating at the hands of many. Hopefully some well publicized convictions of bad officers will begin to change things

Police work has always seemed attractive to bully types. Bullies like to beat on people and sometimes they can do just that, say when someone resists arrest.

A critical piece in changing this has to be convincing the better cops to stop condoning and covering for this excessive use of force. Two officers telling the same story versus any number of suspects telliing a different one....in court, who gets believed? Maybe with more events being videotaped, eventually the frequency of these will lessen.

Of course these things take time. The coptor rotors thumping overhead didn't stop that beating at the hands of many. Hopefully some well publicized convictions of bad officers will begin to change things

I here I thought Bose would be your favorite stereo type. Edited by 4merper4mer

There are two types of bullies. The ones who drop out of school, become criminals, and terrorize the population as adults. And the ones who manage to graduate, become cops, and go hunt down the criminals.

He got off easy. They used to hang horse thieves and cattle rustlers in those parts...

No ****, it is still a very serious crime. He got off light and should be thankful.

If he'd have been caught by a farmer in the backwoods of Georgia we would not know anything at all about this or whatever happened to the guy.

lets overreact quick!

No ****, it is still a very serious crime. He got off light and should be thankful.

If he'd have been caught by a farmer in the backwoods of Georgia we would not know anything at all about this or whatever happened to the guy.

lets overreact quick!

Well, there is a systemic taint within our police departments in this country. People become cops because they want to beat and kill people, not because they want to enforce the law. Even worse they have the same code of silence that any street gang has. How else do you explain this?

That’s the blasé explanation Oklahoma officials gave after the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man by a white deputy who accidentally pulled his gun when he meant to use his Taser.
The botched encounter was captured on a disturbing video released by police on Friday — nine days after the fatal Tulsa shooting.
“He shot me! He shot me, man. Oh, my god. I’m losing my breath,” Eric Harris says as he struggles on the ground following the April 2 shooting, which flew under the radar until video emerged a week later.
“F--- your breath,” a callous officer can be heard saying. “Shut the f--- up!”

Sheriff’s Capt. Billy McKelvey claims the arresting officers were not aware Harris had been shot, despite the gunshot noise and Bates’ admission. They called paramedics and firefighters, and rendered aid when they realized, McKelvey said.
They let a man bleed to death because they wanted to help cover up a massive !@#$up by a fellow officer. They ignore his pleas for help because they want to claim that they didn't know he was shot. They have the audacity to say they didn't hear the point blank gun shot, and are heartless enough to tell a dying man to "!@#$ your breath". Largest street gang in America.
There are hundreds of more examples.
Edited by Fingon

Well, there is a systemic taint within our police departments in this country. People become cops because they want to beat and kill people, not because they want to enforce the law. Even worse they have the same code of silence that any street gang has. How else do you explain this?

breathing is overrated, clearly.

I think it's difficult to understand how hard it is to be a police officer in America today. I can't imagine going to work, dealing with the gatormans of the world, and not being able to shoot one now and again.

I imagine it's an incredibly difficult and thankless job where the amount of good cops outnumber the bad by a large percentage.

But it's still a job, not indentured servitude. No one forces them to become cops. The difficulty of the job shouldn't be used as an excuse for lapses in judgement, especially when it costs someone their life -- criminal or otherwise.

I imagine it's an incredibly difficult and thankless job where the amount of good cops outnumber the bad by a large percentage.

But it's still a job, not indentured servitude. No one forces them to become cops. The difficulty of the job shouldn't be used as an excuse for lapses in judgement, especially when it costs someone their life -- criminal or otherwise.

I know you're not trying to put words in my mouth. I've only seen a snippet of the coverage of this story and just from that I wouldn't have any issue with the death penalty for this incident.

No, not at all. My own words from my own mouth. :beer:

You're a professional writer. It's your job to put words in other people's mouths.

The real question is: why are you wasting time putting words in Darin's mouth, when you could be putting intelligent ones in gatorman's.

Emotion, adrenaline, and a lack of leadership. Horrible. That scumbag isn't worth throwing away your career, guys.