Offensive line scheme

Drreef2

I'm surprised more people are not talking about the impact of having Felton and Clay on the team. These guys can block and that will surely make the OL look better. These guys can be used like an additional OLman and also as a lead blocker. Put them in motion and you can throw a number of different wrinkles in there. I am getting the feeling that the OL no longer is being viewed as a major weakness. Incognito is an upgrade and Williams has had a full year to rehab. Then of the 3 rookies from last year, the coaching staff may very well think one of them will improve well enough to start.

Looking at the roster as it stands right now, we have 11 OLmen, not counting our longsnapper or FB/HB/TE. That is a lot of big men now. Add in a different line coach and OC and things could get real interesting real fast. The overall consensus seems to be that the OL is the undisputed biggest weakness for this team. Just saying, with the weapons we have added during the off season, that may not be how the new coaches are viewing it.

I agree with this assessment. It wouldn't be out of question, if the Bills actually selected a LB or Safety with that 50th overall pick. They have needs there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urbik agree, but IIRC he does not get great marks as a run blocking RG. He's "meh" to "OK" there at best.

Incognito, would like to understand why you say that. He played RG with the Rams and was inconsistent. His best years were with the Dolphins, where he played 3 1/2 years at LG and went to the probowl -also as a LG http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/I/IncoRi20.htm

If we aren't "mixing sh** up" for the sake of mixing sh** up, the line would currently look like Henderson or Kujo (RT), Williams or Urbik (RG), Wood ©, Incognito (LG), Glenn (LT)

Hopefully we draft a couple of good OLmen. If we do I'm thinking Richardson may get cut.

I don't have the stats in front of me but I'm pretty sure Incognito only played half a season at LG and wasn't very good. I may be wrong but incognito played next to j. Martin who was a RT.

Briefly looked up some stats. Had him listed as a LG on Jan 2nd 2012 and as a RG on Jan 4th 2012.

Edited by kr632

http://www.chatsports.com/buffalo-bills/a/OL-coach-Aaron-Kromer-All-5-spots-open-to-competition-0-11338872

Not a great read, but one thing I noticed in the article was Kromers way of thinking compared to Marrones. Last year it was that the best 5 guys would be on the field, and in the article Kromer clearly states it may not be the best 5, but the 5 that fit together the best.

http://www.chatsports.com/buffalo-bills/a/OL-coach-Aaron-Kromer-All-5-spots-open-to-competition-0-11338872

Not a great read, but one thing I noticed in the article was Kromers way of thinking compared to Marrones. Last year it was that the best 5 guys would be on the field, and in the article Kromer clearly states it may not be the best 5, but the 5 that fit together the best.

I noticed that too.. seems like this is a more reasonable strategy than Marrone's strategy of shoe horning guys into spots that they haven't played before just to get them on the field

I noticed that too.. seems like this is a more reasonable strategy than Marrone's strategy of shoe horning guys into spots that they haven't played before just to get them on the field

That may not be far from the truth. Just looking at Marone's face and his personality in interviews and the rumors of internal arguments, I wouldn't enjoy playing for him either. I remember him being very hands on with the OL in the preseason as well. Seems to me he rubbed some guys the wrong way.