Rule passed banning (Pats*) use of ineligible receivers

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, and yet the Fats* went on and got the luckiest win ever in the SB. It is truly disgusting.

I'd give luckiest to the Giants. The game against us or the helmet catch by the nutcase against the *Pats were much luckier.

F the Pats, but F the Giants even more. I will always hate those lucky turds

I'd give luckiest to the Giants. The game against us or the helmet catch by the nutcase against the *Pats were much luckier.

F the Pats, but F the Giants even more. I will always hate those lucky turds

+1 on the Giants. The Pats mean nothing to me but my hatred of the Giants is second only to Dallas.

It is so cute to watch the Pats fans here tie themselves in knots trying to justify the Pats' cheating.

I don't see any Pats fans here. Some posters that are not blinded by a cult like misplaced raging hate but no fans.

It's not cheating. It's out-smarting. Slimy? Yes. Illegal? No.

Yes ... I'd rather win on the up and up. But they didn't cheat. They just knew the rules better.

And they would have won, anyway. Like it or not, the Patriots really have just been better than most other teams in the last dozen or so years. And like it or not, it's because of Belicheck and Brady. They're the best, ever, at what they do.

Get over it and enjoy watching the Bills get better and win with dignity.

You're wrong when you say they would have won anyway. They needed help from a proven slimy,unethical coach to bend a rule in a manner that is the complete opposite of good sportsmanship and fair play.

they were going to lose that game and they knew it. That's why they did it.

This is NOT cheating.

Its in the rules.

Just because you didnt know it was a rule, doesnt make it cheating. At worst its kinda unsportsmanlike, since BB knows the rest of you dont read the rules. But its not cheating in any way.

Maybe we should just outlaw anything that most coaches and fans dont know about

-----

That said, I understand why they "outlawed" it. It makes the game slower and less watchable for the fans.

the play in and of itself is LEGAL

What they did on (multiple) consecutive plays was NOT legal.

How many times over the last 15 years have the rules changed because of something that happened with the patriots?

Too Many, Alex

Report: Belichick went on profane tirade about replay cameras at owners meetings

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/25/report-belichick-went-on-profane-tirade-about-replay-cameras/

Bill Why not donate some of your salary to the NFL for these camera's, Then you can activate and deactivate them as needed at home games. You know like the oft heard of "Communication Failures" with visiting teams.....

Its not cheating when it was a legal procedure. Much like how the league changed the rule the year after the Rams used a trick play where Kurt Warner pretending to walk off the field to call a timeout, but didn't call a time out, and then Marshall Faulk called for the direct snap hike to pick up a first down. Wasn't cheating, it was creative within the current rules...NFL changed rules the next year to adjust to it, that doesn't make it cheating at the time it happened.

Sorry to say, none of that is true. Working the system is not cheating, its finding creativity within the rules to confuse your opponent, out smart them, and execute something they haven't seen. Thats incredible coaching and game planning. The object of football is to score points by executing plays you disguise so they can be executed. Doing it so well it confuses everyone doesn't make it cheating, it makes it brilliant. And now the Pats potentially have another SB trophy in their case and all the revenue and accolades to go with it because they were smarter than the Ravens on that Sunday. And they did so within the allowable and legal rules. Under no scenario, no book, no rule is that cheating.

Are you JohnC in disguise? ;) see commentary about the plays after the eligible/ineligible play,

When you are at the top you are under a microscope. You bend the rules you get questioned.

When you break the rules and don't get penalized. - THEN you see outrage for the non action of the NFL.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Report: Belichick went on profane tirade about replay cameras at owners meetings

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/25/report-belichick-went-on-profane-tirade-about-replay-cameras/

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12558368

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12559656/bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-unhappy-lack-end-zone-cameras

Schefter also said Belllyache was cussing in the above video

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Ten years ago I started playing a lot of foosball with a group of friends, we all spun the handles and had a wild time. Then we learned how to play foosball for real, and had a gentlemens agreement to grip the handle and not to spin. My cousin constantly would stretch that agreement and curved his grip as to allow a bit of spin. We kept telling him it should be a flick. He didn't listen, and the group eventually got tired of it and we stopped playing.

Can't say that he definitely WAS or WAS NOT cheating because it was hard to tell and it really was just rather annoying, but he was being a total butt clown.

For ten plus years, the Patriots started playing a version of football that seeks to curve the grip and spin the handles. Its not just Bills and Jets fans. Its all the other teams fans too. We are all sick of watching these butt clowns play slap ass, instead of football.

For ten plus years, the Patriots started playing a version of football that seeks to curve the grip and spin the handles. Its not just Bills and Jets fans. Its all the other teams fans too. We are all sick of watching these butt clowns play slap ass, instead of football.

+1000%

question... How many goal line TD's were the Putrids's "robbed of" that Bellyache feels that he needs more cameras ???

hell maybe said camera will show an illegal play by the Cheaters and the Hawks win the SB!!!

How many times over the last 15 years have the rules changed because of something that happened with the patriots?

I wish the Bills were smart enough to provoke rule changes. Instead, they might have a guy lay down and "hide" in the end zone on a kickoff... :doh:

I wish the Bills were smart enough to provoke rule changes. Instead, they might have a guy lay down and "hide" in the end zone on a kickoff... :doh:

that only works when they wear all blue

The unintentional hilarity meter just went to 11......

Ravens tweet ineligible substitution rules change, misspell 'ineligible'

it sure did

How many here are okay with the Sabres (essentially the entire organization, from owner, to coaches, to players!) throwing the season?

To me, throwing an entire season is shameful...way more shameful than anything the Patriots organization have ever been accused of.

Edited by HoF Watkins

How many here are okay with the Sabres organization throwing the season?

To me, throwing an entire season is shameful...way more shameful than anything the Patriots organization have ever been accused of.

did sucking for Luck work in Indy?

seriously .. I prefer that (If I were into the team) they play to win at all times ....

did sucking for Luck work in Indy?

seriously .. I prefer that (If I were into the team) they play to win at all times ....

Gee, wouldn't we all?

But that sidesteps the point...

There is plenty of criticism of the "Pats*" on this board coming from Sabres fans, yet the current owner of the BIlls also owns a team that is blatantly tanking an entire season! Talk about "gaming the system". Lots of morality blather from folks appalled with the "Cheatriots", but all in on the Sabres and Pegula.

It's completely hypocritical!

I respect the Pats WAAAAAAYYYY more than the Sabres. At least they are trying to WIN (and actually do win...over and over and over).

Gee, wouldn't we all?

But that sidesteps the point...

There is plenty of criticism of the "Pats*" on this board coming from Sabres fans, yet the current owner of the BIlls also owns a team that is blatantly tanking an entire season! Talk about "gaming the system". Lots of morality blather from folks appalled with the "Cheatriots", but all in on the Sabres and Pegula.

It's completely hypocritical!

I respect the Pats WAAAAAAYYYY more than the Sabres. At least they are trying to WIN (and actually do win...over and over and over).

Completely disassembling a team for a bottom-up rebuild is a little different from ten years of rampant cheating.

Still...I haven't watched "The Tank" this year. It's distasteful to watch a team be purposely deconstructed. Not as distasteful as seeing an entire rule book be deconstructed so you can put one too many receivers on the field - but distasteful, nonetheless.

How many here are okay with the Sabres (essentially the entire organization, from owner, to coaches, to players!) throwing the season?

let's go Yotes

If it comes out that the coaches and players were told to tank the season, the team should be punished. If it's, as I suspect, that they truly just suck, then there's nothing you can do or say.