Ralph Wilson died one year ago today

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that was really nice of him to keep everyone in suspense for years, then watch the taxpayers waste tens of millions of dollars renovating a stadium that is now going to get bulldozed, and finally have his wife handle the sale of the team to the highest bidder.

I know he was a great dude, but the worry that has surrounded the fans and the city for years and years about the team moving was totally unnecessary.

He deserves a statue, but I don't share the reverence that most posters here seem to. Pegula is my hero, not Ralph.

I remember I teared up when I got the text. Was surprised at how sad I felt having only met the man once for 15 seconds.

At the memorial service Mrs.Wilson shook my brothers hand with tears in her eyes and said "Thank you so much for coming". One of those moments that will always stick with me

Thanks You Ralph. My avatar has been you for this entire year as a thank you.

RIP

Edited by Captain Hindsight

Yeah that was really nice of him to keep everyone in suspense for years, then watch the taxpayers waste tens of millions of dollars renovating a stadium that is now going to get bulldozed, and finally have his wife handle the sale of the team to the highest bidder.

I know he was a great dude, but the worry that has surrounded the fans and the city for years and years about the team moving was totally unnecessary.

He deserves a statue, but I don't share the reverence that most posters here seem to. Pegula is my hero, not Ralph.

When Ralph finally got up and 'left the table' for the last time, he left the city of Buffalo a $500,000,000.00 tip.

BTW, who p!ssed in your cornflakes?

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

an unpopular opinion in theses parts but i agree. he could have sold the team long ago to someone committed to keeping the team in buffalo while also committed to winning. while he did eventually accomplish the ultimate goal of the team staying, it resulted in many more years of bad football for an area starving for a winner. in the end, he was the owner of a professional football team that lost many more games than it won while making a great deal of money.

an unpopular opinion in theses parts but i agree. he could have sold the team long ago to someone committed to keeping the team in buffalo while also committed to winning. while he did eventually accomplish the ultimate goal of the team staying, it resulted in many more years of bad football for an area starving for a winner. in the end, he was the owner of a professional football team that lost many more games than it won while making a great deal of money.

Sure, and pay all the capital gains taxes that go along with it...or, he could just do what he did, and make sure the team stayed where it belonged. Oh, and he gave about half the money that he made on the team back to the region.

Sure, and pay all the capital gains taxes that go along with it...or, he could just do what he did, and make sure the team stayed where it belonged. Oh, and he gave about half the money that he made on the team back to the region.

another alternative: do what it takes to win.