Who do you want the Bills to take 1st in draft?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Whaley being a wheeling-and-dealing type, I would be quite surprised if we stand pat with our picks. I could see us trading back into the 1st round to grab one of the top Tackles and have them play guard.

Trade our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to move to a mid-round 1st pick (plus a 5th?) and grab one of the top 10 LT prospects. I would be okay sacrificing some of our depth grabs this year to get a guaranteed OL starter, as long as our habit of gambling away future picks stops after going so hard all-in for this year.

We don't have a 4th

Maybe he meant next year's 4th. A lot of times, future picks are involved.

I'd hate to wager future picks on a 1st round pick in a draft where 16-20 players have 1st round grades. The top end talent is thin this year, but the mid level talent is solid throughout

I'd hate to wager future picks on a 1st round pick in a draft where 16-20 players have 1st round grades. The top end talent is thin this year, but the mid level talent is solid throughout

i wouldn't do it to move up to the 1st this year. I just thought maybe that's what he meant. Last year Whaley didn't want to give up any picks in that draft. I could see giving up one future pick like a 5th or later in 2016 to move up from say the 5th to the 4th this year if needed. That's pretty common.

i wouldn't do it to move up to the 1st this year. I just thought maybe that's what he meant. Last year Whaley didn't want to give up any picks in that draft. I could see giving up one future pick like a 5th or later in 2016 to move up from say the 5th to the 4th this year if needed. That's pretty common.

Yeah, I could see that if a player slips a bit for sure

Here is my mock -- each time I have done it there have been lots of good G and OT available at 50

YOUR TEAM
BUFFALO BILLS
YOUR PICKS
1: R2P18
OT JAKE FISHER
OREGON
2: R3P17
ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
CLEMSON
3: R5P19
TE JEFF HEUERMAN
OHIO STATE
4: R6P12
S JAMES SAMPLE
LOUISVILLE
5: R6P18
WR AUSTIN HILL
ARIZONA
6: R7P17
DT MARCUS HARDISON
ARIZONA STATE

Question for the O-Line people. Is it possible that running a different scheme upfront negates our need for an offensive lineman in the draft? Is it possible that some of the young guys hanging around OBD have been working on getting better?

You make a legit point.

But until we've proven that we have an effective OL, we keep drafting offensive linemen. Having a good OL is too important to rely on speculation and wishful thinking.