Hillary's dem presidential challengers

sorry. don't agree. he's much smarter than you describe. i think he's bon-a fide. and no, i'm not on his payroll. you come from gate city, virginia and get to where he has and you must be. i honestly think he's a good man. unfortunately that probably means he hasn't a chance.

from the National review, no less:

Webb certainly looks like what the anti-Hillary Democrats are thirsting for: a skeptic of military interventionism, and a dyed-in the-wool champion of the less-privileged. No other potential candidate in either party can offer the combination of deep foreign policy expertise and anti-Wall Street fervor that Webb can muster—and he's staked himself out clearly and consistently to Clinton's left in both realms.

​one more provocative piece: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/01/jim_webb_wants_to_be_a_white_man_s_democrat_the_former_virginia_senator.html

The very fact I deemed him a lefty means I think he's smart - but that's not the point, the point is he's a relative unknown on the national stage with diverse qualities so depending how the image and narrative is shaped he could be 1. a candidate that turns out the left while not promoting a strong turnout from the right 2. a candidate that does not excite the left while promoting a vigorous turnout by the right- His ability to bring out his favorably qualities to the appropriate audiences depends on money and the quality of the campaign staff.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hillary decides to run, she'll pass Dem challengers pretty easily and will win the Presidency. She will raise a ton of money, and get the tipping groups out and hll the lever for her. Plus she's got the likable Bill behind her, they'll campaing like a fire storm.

If Hillary decides to run, she'll pass Dem challengers pretty easily and will win the Presidency. She will raise a ton of money, and get the tipping groups out and hll the lever for her. Plus she's got the likable Bill behind her, they'll campaing like a fire storm.

She'll probably win the nom, because even as horrible a candidate as she is, she's still far and away the best one the Dems have. But she'll lose the presidency because when it comes down to it, people just really don't like her. And the more time she spends in the public eye, the more they'll be reminded of it.

Sooo...this can't be good for Hillary...

CNN Poll: Next president should be the complete opposite of Barry.

A new CNN/ORC poll finds most Americans say they would like a candidate who's a seasoned political leader, someone with an executive background, and someone who's willing to change Barack Obama's policies.

Rather than assessing the traits of individual candidates, the poll asked respondents to think about their perfect candidate and choose between two statements relating to several different traits often found in presidential candidates.

I'm not so sure about that. She's not very strong at debating, and despite that they're all going to be fellow democrats, her opponents will undoubtedly bring up Benghazi & the State Dept emails in order to undermine her credibility.

Edited by Azalin

I just hate to do this; it actually makes my teeth ache, BUT I think gatorman may be right in this instance. [Please forgive me, y'all]

Blind squirrel. It happens.

I'd only be truly shocked if he wrote a lengthy post that were correct. A lot less scope to be a total ass-munch with just ten words...though he does manage it was alarming frequency.

I just hate to do this; it actually makes my teeth ache, BUT I think gatorman may be right in this instance. [Please forgive me, y'all]

I'll go with the "stopped clock" cliché.

But actually, most political observers have predicted that the Clinton machine will support a weak far left candidate (certainly not Warren) so that she can falsely claim being a center candidate......................lol

Jim Webb's Toughest Mission

COLUMBIA, S.C. - His body is still embedded with shrapnel from Vietnam and as a new senator he confronted George W. Bush in the White House over the Iraq War.

But last week James Webb embarked on what may be his toughest mission yet, touring early primary states for the first time as he seeks to build support to challenge the runaway favorite Hillary Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Webb, 69, a cantankerous former US Marine Corps officer, became a novelist and Hollywood screenwriter before serving as navy secretary under President Ronald Reagan. He then switched parties and was elected to the Senate in 2006 as a populist Democrat championing the working man.

Now, he is pitting himself against Clinton, who is viewed by his supporters as a creature of Wall Street beholden to big-money benefactors and managed by a coterie of campaign advisers who filter every word she utters.

Webb is careful not to criticize the former secretary of state by name but there is little doubt about the disdain he feels for everything she represents.

{snip}

“The inevitability mantle that Hillary Clinton wears so heavily, as it did in 2008, ends up being a magnet for opposition,” he said. “She’s Vladimir Putin compared to Jim Webb or Martin O’Malley. Her access is controlled. The message is controlled.”

More at the link: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/03/24/jim_webbs_toughest_mission_126032.htmlhttp://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/03/24/jim_webbs_toughest_mission_126032.html

what's with drudge? http://www.drudgereport.com. it'll change but the headline again involves o'malley and "no more royals". shows a pic of george h bush weigh wsifw and son jeb and the clintons. almost like he really doesn't like jeb. wonder who he really wants to win. pretty certain it ain't o'malley.

Edited by birdog1960

what's with drudge? http://www.drudgereport.com. it'll change but the headline again involves o'malley and "no more royals". shows a pic of george h bush weigh wsifw and son jeb and the clintons. almost like he really doesn't like jeb. wonder who he really wants to win. pretty certain it ain't o'malley.

Drudge doesn't like Jeb. He's a huge opponent of anything resembling in his view as "amnesty".

Funny, it was only a year ago Scott Walker was also agreeing that there should be a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, Jeb stuck to his guns and didn't waffle under the pressure of the right wing, Walker did.

Drudge doesn't like Jeb. He's a huge opponent of anything resembling in his view as "amnesty".

Funny, it was only a year ago Scott Walker was also agreeing that there should be a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, Jeb stuck to his guns and didn't waffle under the pressure of the right wing, Walker did.

yeah, i get that but why is he campaigning for o'malley. he represents the thinking of a sizable chunk of the far right. is it really as simple as anyone but clinton or is he being more devious?

yeah, i get that but why is he campaigning for o'malley. he represents the thinking of a sizable chunk of the far right. is it really as simple as anyone but clinton or is he being more devious?

I wouldn't consider Drudge far right, yes his anti "amnesty" passions are those on the further end of the right spectrum but other than that, he's down the middle/right. He supported Mitt, nuff said.

In regards to O'malley, it's pretty clear, he's trying to chip away at Hillary by propping up others.

In regards to O'malley, it's pretty clear, he's trying to chip away at Hillary by propping up others.

Exactly. Hillary has enough problems without people on her side of the fence reminding everyone that she took 10s of millions of dollars from foreign countries while acting as SoS before destroying all her emails to hide the money trail.

Some think a primary for Hillary would help her, but I suspect people like O'Malley and Warren will absolutely wreck Hillary long before she goes up against a Republican.

She's old, she's whiny, and she's dirty. A primary won't strengthen her in the eyes of America. Her favorability ratings are already in a free fall and only likely to get worse unless she somehow saves a baby from a burning building or something.

Exactly. Hillary has enough problems without people on her side of the fence reminding everyone that she took 10s of millions of dollars from foreign countries while acting as SoS before destroying all her emails to hide the money trail.

Some think a primary for Hillary would help her, but I suspect people like O'Malley and Warren will absolutely wreck Hillary long before she goes up against a Republican.

She's old, she's whiny, and she's dirty. A primary won't strengthen her in the eyes of America. Her favorability ratings are already in a free fall and only likely to get worse unless she somehow saves a baby from a burning building or something.

She's definitely not a good campaigner. She's ornery much like McCain, bitter, fake and secretive. If the RNC was smart (which is a big if), they'd spend a **** load of negative attack ads in the cities and suburbs, in other words the Democratic Strong holds and they should attack her from the left. Depress that turnout.

Her ties to wall street, big speaking fee's, how she was/is a self-described person with financial struggles, warhawk etc etc. There is so much material to work with.

Edited by Magox

Hillary is sending out her attack dogs, Jennifer kooky Granholm had this warning for O'Malley:

"Martin O'Malley, I mean he's a very nice guy, and, you know, I was thinking that he might make a nice member of a President Clinton administration," Granholm said. "So he'd better watch it."

In other words, don't challenge the Queen, it's her right to be at the throne. And if you play nice, we'll hook you up with a nice cushy position.

In other words, don't challenge the Queen, it's her right to be at the throne. And if you play nice, we'll hook you up with a nice cushy position.

Looks like Granholm has a long list of people to threaten...

According to a Quinnipiac University survey released on Tuesday, 50 percent of voters in Florida say Clinton is not honest or trustworthy, compared to only 41 percent who say that she is. Clinton’s favorability rating in the Sunshine State has shrunk from 53 percent positive and 39 percent negative last month, to 49 percent positive and 46 percent negative this month.

In Pennsylvania, 49 percent of voters say they don’t trust Clinton, against only 44 percent who say that they do. Clinton’s favorability rating in the Keystone State plummeted from a 55-38 split in February, to 48 percent positive and 47 percent negative in March.

Not that her favorability is important or anything.

I feel like both parties lack decent candidates... I wonder if a third party's candidate might actually get some decent results this year (not win, of course, too much money tied up in the Democratic and Republican parties)