March Madness

Gordio

Well anybody that has been on this board for awhile should know this is my favorite time of year as far as sports is concerned. There is nothing in sports like the NCAA Tournament. So who does everybody got? Obviously there is Kentucky & then rest of the field. I do not see anybody beating the Cats in the Midwest. The only teams I could see giving them a game in that bracket are Wichita St & Maryland. Out of the West, I got an Arizona/Wisconsin matchup that I pray happens because that should be a great game. I got Arizona barely beating Wisky. Out of the South I got the Zags as I believe Few's time has come to knock down that final 4 wall, & I also believe this is his best team he has ever had which is a pretty strong statement. & out of the East I have Villanova. I just don't trust Virginia with not being completely healthy, I just think they have too often have a tough time filling up the rim. Interesting stat for those people that are going to ride Izzo magic once again this March. Izzo's teams have been a 6 seed or higher 6 times at Michigan St. All 6 times he has not gotten out of the first round. I got Kentucky & the Zags in the championship with Kentucky finishing the perfect season. I hate to type that because I can't stand big blue nation & especially coach Cal, but it is what it is. This tournament kind of reminds me of the Varsity going against the JV with Kentucky being the Varsity & the rest of the field being the JV. I don't ever remember Vegas setting even money on one team in the tournament as they have for Kentucky. The first weekend of the tourney should be wild.

How does everybody think the committee did? I don't think UCLA should of gotten in. I think Temple or Miami should of been placed ahead of them. Also, some of the seeds are baffling. Not sure how the Shockers are a 7 seed & not sure how Ohio St is a 10 seed. Anyways, I took a new job last summer so I don't have a ton of vacation days to play around with so for the first time since I could remember I will actually be working Thursday. I am going up to the Old Frog Hairs for my lunch to meet a few buddies & then I am taking off Friday for my annual tournament party. Good luck to UB which plays WV friday @ 2:10 which will be perfect since some of my friends that are coming over are UB alums. I think they have a real chance to beat WV or at least cover the spread(+4.5). God I love this time of year!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad just moved in with me and he is begging me to get cable so he can watch the tourney.

I wish Tulsa made it in. Guess I'll be cheering for OK State.

Get the poor guy some cable! Although he could watch the games that CBS are broadcasting I guess. As far as Okl ST, you won't be cheering long, my guess is they get dumped by Oregon in the first round.

Well anybody that has been on this board for awhile should know this is my favorite time of year as far as sports is concerned. There is nothing in sports like the NCAA Tournament. So who does everybody got? Obviously there is Kentucky & then rest of the field. I do not see anybody beating the Cats in the Midwest. The only teams I could see giving them a game in that bracket are Wichita St & Maryland. Out of the West, I got an Arizona/Wisconsin matchup that I pray happens because that should be a great game. I got Arizona barely beating Wisky. Out of the South I got the Zags as I believe Few's time has come to knock down that final 4 wall, & I also believe this is his best team he has ever had which is a pretty strong statement. & out of the East I have Villanova. I just don't trust Virginia with not being completely healthy, I just think they have too often have a tough time filling up the rim. Interesting stat for those people that are going to ride Izzo magic once again this March. Izzo's teams have been a 6 seed or higher 6 times at Michigan St. All 6 times he has not gotten out of the first round. I got Kentucky & the Zags in the championship with Kentucky finishing the perfect season. I hate to type that because I can't stand big blue nation & especially coach Cal, but it is what it is. This tournament kind of reminds me of the Varsity going against the JV with Kentucky being the Varsity & the rest of the field being the JV. I don't ever remember Vegas setting even money on one team in the tournament as they have for Kentucky. The first weekend of the tourney should be wild.

How does everybody think the committee did? I don't think UCLA should of gotten in. I think Temple or Miami should of been placed ahead of them. Also, some of the seeds are baffling. Not sure how the Shockers are a 7 seed & not sure how Ohio St is a 10 seed. Anyways, I took a new job last summer so I don't have a ton of vacation days to play around with so for the first time since I could remember I will actually be working Thursday. I am going up to the Old Frog Hairs for my lunch to meet a few buddies & then I am taking off Friday for my annual tournament party. Good luck to UB which plays WV friday @ 2:10 which will be perfect since some of my friends that are coming over are UB alums. I think they have a real chance to beat WV or at least cover the spread(+4.5). God I love this time of year!

I like the Badgers all the way to the Final Four game against Kentucky.

I like the Badgers all the way to the Final Four game against Kentucky.

The Badgers are one of the few teams that could beat Kentucky. Kaminski could pull one of their bigs away from the middle to open things up a bit + they know they could hang with Kentucky as they went toe to toe with them last season. Not sure they get by Arizona though.

What does everyone think of VCU. OSU has them first. Not very confident in this year's buckeye team though they have been toughened up all year in the big 10.

Big fan of VCU. That said, they are a very small team. They play D like they're on fire. They lost their best defender (Briante Weber) earlier in the year but have dealt with it well enough. I think they are good enough to best Ohio St but lose a close game to Arizona. If you haven't seen them yet, they are extremely up tempo and fun to watch.

What does everyone think of VCU. OSU has them first. Not very confident in this year's buckeye team though they have been toughened up all year in the big 10.

First, to the original poster...this is not my favorite time of the year by a longshot. There was a week in the fall that was just nuts...will look up the thread.

Now to VCU...i cant see them going very far, and i live in Richmond and really root for them once Richmond is out. Briante Weber, their heart and soul player and best defender is out for the year. They were the more "battle tested"team in the A-10 tourney and by far the best coached..but jimminy even Richmond beat them twice, and should have most likely won the 3rd game on Friday before getting the yips and making boneheaded plays late in 2nd half.

Well it is not a bad matchup for Ohio St. since VCU likes to play uptempo, press & Ohio St strength is their excellent guard play. Also, after that horrific injury to Briente Weber VCU has not been the same team. I like Ohio State's chances. One thing that does concern me is OSU has been horrible away from home this year. Hopefully for Buckeye fans, that trend does not continue or it will be a short tournament.

Kentucky's region is a breeze. I also have Wichita as their toughest game.

Zona-Wiscy should be the only region where chalk holds. AZ is a wise pick to win it all in larger pools.

I have 5 vs 2 finals in the other regions.

Almost positive Sparty lost to Texas in regional finals Carmelo year they were a 6 or 7 seed.

Well it is not a bad matchup for Ohio St. since VCU likes to play uptempo, press & Ohio St strength is their excellent guard play. Also, after that horrific injury to Briente Weber VCU has not been the same team. I like Ohio State's chances. One thing that does concern me is OSU has been horrible away from home this year. Hopefully for Buckeye fans, that trend does not continue or it will be a short tournament.

then they ended the year horrible at home. Their best players are freshmen but unfortunately they continue to play the seniors a lot. It's been pretty painful.

Kentucky's region is a breeze. I also have Wichita as their toughest game.

Zona-Wiscy should be the only region where chalk holds. AZ is a wise pick to win it all in larger pools.

I have 5 vs 2 finals in the other regions.

Almost positive Sparty lost to Texas in regional finals Carmelo year they were a 6 or 7 seed.

You are correct Sir. I think Reese Davis said it last night on ESPN but it is not the case. They also beat Marquette one year as a 6th seed. So everybody scratch what I said & feel free to ride Izzo to the final four.

Great start to the tournament last night. BYU/Ole Miss may just be the game of the tournament. Ole Miss could not miss in the 2nd half. With Dayton/Boise St playing tonight it should be another great game. Can't wait for this weekend.

First, to the original poster...this is not my favorite time of the year by a longshot. There was a week in the fall that was just nuts...will look up the thread.

Now to VCU...i cant see them going very far, and i live in Richmond and really root for them once Richmond is out. Briante Weber, their heart and soul player and best defender is out for the year. They were the more "battle tested"team in the A-10 tourney and by far the best coached..but jimminy even Richmond beat them twice, and should have most likely won the 3rd game on Friday before getting the yips and making boneheaded plays late in 2nd half.

I want the Tar Heels to go outside of "the family" and get Shaka Smart when good 'ol Roy retires...

My 8-yr-old picked Wisconsin to win it all. I (like everyone else I'm sure) picked Kentucky to win it all. I am debating paying the $ to submit his too. He would be so excited if this happened and he won a ton of money. I don't think it will happen but you never know.

My 8-yr-old picked Wisconsin to win it all. I (like everyone else I'm sure) picked Kentucky to win it all. I am debating paying the $ to submit his too. He would be so excited if this happened and he won a ton of money. I don't think it will happen but you never know.

My almost 11 year old(his birthday is April 9th) also picked Wisky in the pool he & I are in. He follows college basketball very closely & insists that Wisconsin is going to dump Kentucky in the semifinals. Says Kaminsky & the upperclassman leadership is going to be too much to handle for the Cats in a high pressure game. Me personally, I don't think they get by Arizona in the elite 8.

Edited by Gordio

I want the Tar Heels to go outside of "the family" and get Shaka Smart when good 'ol Roy retires...

amazing he is still there...fantastic coach..wish Richmond had em!

BTW, was listening to Mike and Mike this morning, and Seth Greenburg was on. I love him, think he is awesome. Anyway, he was giving Golic all kinds of chit for picking UB...saying it is now the "trendiest" pick in the trny. Not a good sign for UB.

The i see even President Obama has UB winning...double death.