Rolling Stones 2015 tour @ The Ralph

People are bitching about there being no camping. Are you kidding? There are three shows. You want the parking lot full off all the people attending all three shows to camp for three nights? Yeah, that will work out well. !@#$ing stoners............ :D

Yes, this. The level of bitching about these shows months in advance has been embarrassing. From the choice of Trey, to the obvious ticket fiasco, to the camping question. It just doesn't feel right. Throw into the mix it's on the 4th in Chicago with all the tourists, fireworks, and murders....it could get ugly. Hope Chicago is ready because it's coming either way.

Yes, this. The level of bitching about these shows months in advance has been embarrassing. From the choice of Trey, to the obvious ticket fiasco, to the camping question. It just doesn't feel right. Throw into the mix it's on the 4th in Chicago with all the tourists, fireworks, and murders....it could get ugly. Hope Chicago is ready because it's coming either way.

Let me post my B word. I don't get the whole Chicago thing. Sure it was their last show with Jerry but the Dead is not Jerry. So shouldn't the 50th anniversary show be where it all started? Here in my backyard? Not that I'd attend. I'll probably never go to a large venue concert again but it would be fun to watch from afar.

also the last show with Brent, I assumed the center of the country was their logic....but you are correct, SF deserves their 'final' show. if nothing else, hit all their marquee shows, Boston, Philly, Chicago, SF, NY Norflok etc...cities that always had the more renowned and oft visited

Let me post my B word. I don't get the whole Chicago thing. Sure it was their last show with Jerry but the Dead is not Jerry. So shouldn't the 50th anniversary show be where it all started? Here in my backyard? Not that I'd attend. I'll probably never go to a large venue concert again but it would be fun to watch from afar.

Wasn't Bono hurt badly in some bike accident?

Old article, from 1/30...

U2

Iconic Irish Rockers U2 will play 44 shows in 19 cities across the United States and Europe, with two nights scheduled for each stopover, for their upcoming area tour. The U2 Innocence + Experience Tour 2015, which kicks off in May, is in support of their latest studio effort Songs Of Innocence. Although the tour concept is still being refined, the band has said that the set list swill differ significantly between nights one and two in each market. Surprisingly, the bicycle accident which left frontman Bono seriously injured is not expected to delay the tour.

Announcement at 5pm on 97 Rock...

also the last show with Brent, I assumed the center of the country was their logic....but you are correct, SF deserves their 'final' show. if nothing else, hit all their marquee shows, Boston, Philly, Chicago, SF, NY Norflok etc...cities that always had the more renowned and oft visited

There are just certain neighborhoods you walk through and think The Dead. The Haight still has the "Dead" house in great shape. Walking through the panhandle I can just imagine them sitting around with acoustics smoking weed and playing for hours. The Jerry poster above the stairs to the balcony at the Fillmore. The Great American Music Hall where One From the Vault was recorded. On and on. I was a casual Dead fan but I played my one Dead CD in the car as we drove into the city for the first time when we moved. It just had the right feel and I was hooked.

Some day I will make it to SF...and after i do a side trip to Russian River i want to do a Dead Tour

There are just certain neighborhoods you walk through and think The Dead. The Haight still has the "Dead" house in great shape. Walking through the panhandle I can just imagine them sitting around with acoustics smoking weed and playing for hours. The Jerry poster above the stairs to the balcony at the Fillmore. The Great American Music Hall where One From the Vault was recorded. On and on. I was a casual Dead fan but I played my one Dead CD in the car as we drove into the city for the first time when we moved. It just had the right feel and I was hooked.

SF is the s***. Been there many times. Actually watched the Bills-Browns MNF game in '09 at a Bills bar in North Beach. Thinking of going out in May for a few days to walk the city. That place gets into your blood. I've never seen a shade of blue like that in the sky. Stunning.

IDK why the Dead didn't do a GG Park gig. Maybe being together for a few days is too much stress. That breeze you feel is Jerry spinning. That being said, I hope all that go to Chicago have a fun and safe time.

SF is the s***. Been there many times. Actually watched the Bills-Browns MNF game in '09 at a Bills bar in North Beach. Thinking of going out in May for a few days to walk the city. That place gets into your blood. I've never seen a shade of blue like that in the sky. Stunning.

IDK why the Dead didn't do a GG Park gig. Maybe being together for a few days is too much stress. That breeze you feel is Jerry spinning. That being said, I hope all that go to Chicago have a fun and safe time.

It's a great city to visit for sure. Well except in August when it's freezing for some reason. Living there? Not so much. Lived in the city for 3.5 years. Now I have the city skyline as the view from my deck (can't figure how to link pictures) and we can be there in 15-20 minutes, play tourist and head home.

That's exactly it.