If DT Suh does end up in Miami, will Bills' C Wood be enough

Give Wood average guard play and he'll look like his old self in my opinion. I can't imagine what he and Cordy must think of Marrone...

this. When you have to cover for the guys on both sides of you, you will probably look bad as a result. The o-line was a disaster last year. I blame Marrone for just pulling names out of a hat and putting them where ever. Most of the offensive players get a pass from me for last year. It was mind boggling how it was run.

There's a name that isn't being talked about much but could represent a massive change at guard this year for the bills. That name is Kouandjio. That kid was a road grader at Alabama and he's got the frame to put on another 20 lbs. He struggled in space but reports are he's been working his ass off and he could be a sleeper.

Nah, he got handled pretty good. We had 49 yds rushing. Suh had 5 tackles, one for a loss.

And that is why Suh is getting so much money. What center that is available do you think could handle Suh 1 on 1? Can you name any center, even if they are not available in FA or draft, that could handle Suh?

I hate to say it because I consider Wood one of the last true Bill from the old regime but Suh is flat out scary and Wood looked terrible last year. I think that between the way he played last year and his contract that this is one position that will definitely be addressed and maybe as soon as tomorrow.

So perhaps you should have titled this thread "Wood looks terrible and should be upgraded to face Suh" since you've already made up your mind?

We did play Detroit last year. Orton passed for 308 yards and 69.8% completions, 7.2 ypa - one of the better games of the year. Bills hung on to the ball 32 minutes.

How did they manage that against flat-out-scary Suh if Wood isn't capable?

I do like this though.

Oh, yeah. BIG Sonnnnnnnn.

I hate to say it because I consider Wood one of the last true Bill from the old regime but Suh is flat out scary and Wood looked terrible last year. I think that between the way he played last year and his contract that this is one position that will definitely be addressed and maybe as soon as tomorrow.

Hitting the panic button are we? You do know we brought in Incognito and will probably get more Guard help? I think Incognito can hold him at bay if he gets back to playing like he did...

Dont know if he "handled" Suh. Wood's play has deteriorated over the last 3 years. He isn't big enough. This is going to be a bigger problem than most people realize this season.

Where does this come from? It's pure speculation, correct?

Wood himself said he played at his heaviest/strongest this past off-season. He also admitted he sucked at times in addition to inferring there was mixed signals coming from the coaching staff. I expect a rebound year not only from him, but Cordy (who also kinda sucked this past year, too).

Nah, he got handled pretty good. We had 49 yds rushing. Suh had 5 tackles, one for a loss.

So...like any other game last season. Right?