Can EJ be a starter for the Bills  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Can EJ be a starter for the Bills

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Chan,

I listed notable average joe one time and done QB's.

Dear Metz.

how am I making fun of them?

Please stop with your BS and stop trolling for reactions

Is this where I ask you if you know what you're even arguing? I think so. Then you slink away.

see that is where you are incorrect sir. It means a lot. In a hurry up offense even a Franchise QB would take a few games to get into the swing of things.

10 games in a fast paced PRO offense led by a rookie followed with 4 games in a different O year 2 and then dropped flat because Doug Marrone NEVER had the intention of starting him on the premise that he wanted EJ to learn by sitting!!!

BRAVO!!!!! :worthy:

Twist, turn and muddy the waters,

Instead of just lashing out at me think about it. McCown can be a starter in Cleveland because Johnny Football is in rehab!!! The Brownies have no other option!!! Buffalo does.

this is precious .....

You'd LOVE to see EJ succeed and become a franchise player BUT you don't want him on the field! So how in the hell can he do that when you are championing every other FA QB to replace him!!!????

/rant

Let's make one thing abundantly clear: I want the QB who give the Bills the best chance to win to be on the field on September. If we bring in a FA (which we will) and Manuel looks better than him all camp and preseason, then I want Manuel to start. I just doubt that will happen. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. And for whatever it's worth McCown "can" or "could've" still been the starter even if Manziel did not go to rehab. In fact, Manziel "can" still be the starter in Cleveland too. It's a matter of semantics. When you asked everyone "Can Manuel be the starter," well of course he "can." Dan Orlovsky has been the starter for the Lions before. Colt McCoy "can" be a starter in this league next year too. It is the most ambiguous and least pertinent EJ poll currently on this website.

I agree that he looked good in the Atlanta game- in fact I've stated before that was the best he's looked to me as a pro. But to concede that EJ is never going to be a guy who takes control of an offense- coming from an EJ supporter- I think is a little disconcerting. I agree with that sentiment.

How about the Carolina game? The first Patriots game where he drove the team down for the lead before Brady scorched our D to win?

Dear Chan,

I listed notable average joe one time and done QB's.

Dear Metz.

how am I making fun of them?

Please stop with your BS and stop trolling for reactions

Shankchez. You called Chad Pennington "noodle arm" yesterday. You cannot make fun of other QB's when the very QB you are on this crazy crusade to defend aint shown us s*** in this league! So if I call him "Womanuel," is that cool too? Cause that's what I'm calling him until the day on WGR this offseason that the Bills reporters say, "Wow, this looks like a new EJ Manuel... He is clearly taking this job seriously... He made great throws today in practice... He is clearly taking control of this offense... Tell ya what, he could very well be the guy to lead this offense in 2015..."

How about the Carolina game? The first Patriots game where he drove the team down for the lead before Brady scorched our D to win?

Yeah I was certain he was going to be our franchise QB after the Carolina game. He looked pretty good in his first two starts as a pro. In fact, for a rookie playing his 1st and 2nd starts, he couldn't have looked better! Problem is, in his second offseason, he couldn't have looked less prepared. And in his 13th and 14th starts, he couldn't have looked worse.

Are we gonna do this every day for the next 6 months?

Yup.

Shankchez. You called Chad Pennington "noodle arm" yesterday. You cannot make fun of other QB's when the very QB you are on this crazy crusade to defend aint shown us s*** in this league! So if I call him "Womanuel," is that cool too? Cause that's what I'm calling him until the day on WGR this offseason that the Bills reporters say, "Wow, this looks like a new EJ Manuel... He is clearly taking this job seriously... He made great throws today in practice... He is clearly taking control of this offense... Tell ya what, he could very well be the guy to lead this offense in 2015..."

nearly everyone here called Chad a noodle arm!!

Please get over yourself and your need to argue with me over the dumbest things. If you don't like my posts put me on ignore. then you can attack everyone else who says the same thing.

Are we gonna do this every day for the next 6 months?

no.

9 months to 1 year :lol: :lol:

the haters detractors gotta whine

nearly everyone here called Chad a noodle arm!!

Please get over yourself and your need to argue with me over the dumbest things. If you don't like my posts put me on ignore. then you can attack everyone else who says the same thing.

no.

9 months to 1 year :lol: :lol:

the haters detractors gotta whine

Hey let's put this debate on ice for a while, shall we? Here's to hoping Womanuel comes to camp ready to go and wins the job once and for all. As I've stated over and over, nothing would make me happier.

Hey let's put this debate on ice for a while, shall we? Here's to hoping Womanuel comes to camp ready to go and wins the job once and for all. As I've stated over and over, nothing would make me happier.

Yes, a guy who calls EJ a woman actually wants EJ to succeed... ok.....

NO. LET ME TELL YOU WHY

he isn't good enough. In particular, his vision, accuracy, and decision-making are not good enough. Manuel defenders can look at statistics that show he is comparable to hall of fame quarterbacks in the beginning of their respective careers, but those guys showed potential. Manuel clearly doesn't pass the eye test. I get nervous every time he lets go of the ball because I have no idea where it's going to go. He stares down receivers as hard as any NFL qb I've ever seen, and he barely ever makes use of his strong arm. That last part could change, but I think he has a low ceiling for the innate talent to read defenses and throw the ball accurately.

Edited by billsgpr88

Hey let's put this debate on ice for a while, shall we? As I've stated over and over, nothing would make me happier.

1) Please lets. I've only been asking that of you for the last day or more.

2) re as you have stated over and over...........

pants-on-fire.jpg

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

1) Please lets. I've only been asking that of you for the last day or more.

2) re as you have stated over and over...........

pants-on-fire.jpg

OK it sounds like we're almost ready to end this thing once and for all- well at least until training camp starts and reports come back from practice ("well Joe Bu-scab-lia says he looks bad in practice, he never played football so why do I care what he thinks?") But 1. why do you think I'm trolling you because I don't think he's got what it takes to be a franchise QB? I am in the clear and vast majority on this one. And 2. do you really think my pants are on fire about saying that I want Manuel to succeed? I AM A HUGE FREAKING BILLS FAN. If Manuel comes out and starts barking signals, grabbing guys by the facemask and marches the Bills down the field, lighting up opposing defenses and the Bills are winning, do you really think I will be upset? Of course not, I will be just as happy as any Bills fan in the world. Can you not understand that I just don't see it happening?

Poorly crafted pole.

I think the intention here was to say "Will he be" or "can he be a SUCCESSFUL starting QB."

Both of those things are different than what was asked.

And it looks like people voted accordingly.

Who cares. He won't be the starter this upcoming year. Bank on it!