Bryan Bennett, QB, SE Louisiana...

While most of the board is dueling over LeRoi's preposterous rumor concerning EJ, I thought it might be refreshingly realistic to consider a mid-rounder who might have that certain savoir faire...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GJWShVXihk

Good size, great speed, and a quick release (or so it seems to me). What do you think?

Edited by Blue on Blue

While most of the board is dueling over LeRoi's preposterous rumor concerning EJ, I thought it might be refreshingly realistic to consider a mid-rounder who might have that certain savoir faire...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GJWShVXihk

Good size, great speed, and a quick release (or so it seems to me). What do you think?

fast-ish release. seems like a soft release to me, not really sharp

Anyone wanna give me a rundown of his career stats? Thanks

Edited by Uffalo Ills

Thanks, Bandit. :thumbsup:

No problemo

Personally, I'm not a Bennett guy. I just haven't seen many NFL throws from him, and he seems to be off-balance a lot of the time. Sure, his OL isn't very good, but in the NFL, he's not going to have much more time to throw than he did in college. Things happen faster.

I think he and Cody Fajardo would be good late round prospects.

No offense: I think Fajardo is a train wreck as a passer.

Just for some background color for those who may not know. He started his career at Oregon and transferred after losing the QB battle to Mariotta. He wouldn't be the first guy in that type of a situation to succeed (Flacco for instance left Pitt and everyone knows about Cam's journey).

Edited by Chuck Wagon

No problemo

Personally, I'm not a Bennett guy. I just haven't seen many NFL throws from him, and he seems to be off-balance a lot of the time. Sure, his OL isn't very good, but in the NFL, he's not going to have much more time to throw than he did in college. Things happen faster.

I was thinking of him as the kind of guy who "somebody else" finds in the 4th or 5th and I wanted the Bills to get there first, for once.

Edited by Blue on Blue

Just for some background color of those who may not know. He started his career at Oregon and transferred after losing the QB battle to Mariotta. He wouldn't be the first guy in that type of a situation to succeed (Flacco for instance left Pitt and everyone knows about Cam's journey).

Thanks, Chuck. :thumbsup:

Edited by Blue on Blue

No offense: I think Fajardo is a train wreck as a passer.

I wasn't a fan either. I just thought he looked pretty good at the combine throwing and in the games you can watch on YouTube. Hard to judge based on the offense though.

Fun to watch, but he seems like a gifted athlete who happens to play quarterback, like Tebow or Vick. Athleticism isn't really what you're looking for in a QB. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady won't win gifted athlete competitions, but they're two of the best quarterbacks in history. Marino, Montana, Aikman, Big Ben, etc.

I'm not saying he can't succeed. Some great quarterbacks are great athletes as well (Steve Young, Brett Favre, Russel Wilson*).