Whaley: not optimistic on trade market for a QB

YoloinOhio

It's interesting that you said "at their best" they can win a SB. I agree on Bradford but I just can't get over how much RG has regressed. His backup has problems but I like Cousins better because he has guts & isn't afraid to wing it. Lots of int's last year but 4 came in one game. He has a certain cockiness about him that I like. I think that he will be asking for a trade as he doesn't want to carry a clip board.

cousins carries a clipboard for a reason. He's a 3rd rd pick who was avg in college and hasnt won when given his chance in the nfl. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the fascination with Ryan Mallett? Besides having a big arm, he has done nothing to speak of in the NFL - even in pre-season. The Pats thought so little of him that they drafted his replacement last year and dumped him off to Houston for (I think) a lousy 6th round pick.

If Houston thinks he has potential to be a good starter, they'll spend good money to keep him.

I think he has potential and don't think 3 games and some preseason games is enough to dismiss him, as much as I don't think 14 games is enough to dismiss EJ. That and no available QB's really fill me with confidence.

The pats have been drafting/hiring and trading Brady's backups for years, Sometimes they get a good pick sometimes it's bad, but they don't seem to offer QB's a deal beyond their rookie contract. They may as Brady nears retirement but it hasn't been a priority in the past.

Again this is just my opinion and I could be way of base.

Edited by downunderbill