Vikings Season 3

LB3

Psyched! Tomorrow is going to be hell. This thread will taunt me all day at work as I can't watch til tomorrow night.

oh and I'm sure we'll be more than glad to make it difficult for you.

Not only here but in the Shout Box

They are introducing Alfred the Great's mother so I wonder how far they are planning on taking the series. Rollo will betray Ragnar, take Charles the Bald's offer, and create the Normans. I personally think it will end with Ragnar's death. I don't think there are enough popular actors to keep the show going and introduce the Great Heathen Army. Plus the Vikings end up losing, so I don't think history would want to take it that far. **** will end with Ragnar being thrown in a pit of snakes like the legend says. We might get a voice over or text saying the Vikings were so pissed they invaded England.

They have been teasing that Rollo will betray Ragnar these past 2 seasons.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and I'm sure we'll be more than glad to make it difficult for you.

Not only here but in the Shout Box

They have been teasing that Rollo will betray Ragnar these past 2 seasons.

Luckily I only use my mobile at work so v the shout box isn't a problem.

to be honest..... kinda disappointment.

they (and TBD'ers) went from a betrayal of Ragnar to a betrayal of Lagatha.

Divide and conquer! That usurper kings face before being killed was very bad acting. So was his sons from across the river.

Ya that part was cheesy for sure

and I agree the betrayal sucked

CBF

Ya that part was cheesy for sure

and I agree the betrayal sucked

CBF

I'm watching and asking myself who the F are these 2 guys? I don't recall either from last season .

lets go out on a boat where no one can hear us... and both return when only 1 was expected to return? odd

THIS. History has put out some STELLAR shows as of late. Not sure if you watched "Sons of Liberty" but it was really well done.

Really..i thought it was awful! Had they said " this is a fictional tale based loosely on history" i could have enjoyed it..maybe. But to get 99% of the "history" wrong just annoyed the chit out of me.

Turn was much better, and looking forward to its second season.

I'm so glad the wait is finally over. Every time one of those Athelstan shorts came up on my DVR I thought there was a new episode. Only to be let down.

Only took me till like the 3rd time till i figured it out!

Have not watched this yet, but will when i wake up at 3 am tonight!(getting old sucks balls)

I'm watching and asking myself who the F are these 2 guys? I don't recall either from last season .

lets go out on a boat where no one can hear us... and both return when only 1 was expected to return? odd

That boat scene looked like it was ripped off from the end of Godfather II

Anyways, those 2 guys. One is definitely from last season but the other I think is a new character.

The guy who was seemingly loyal to Lagertha is a new character, I think anyways.

The guy who wanted to betray Lagathera is a returning character from last season

Lagertha's second husband was an abusive prick who humiliated her at a banquet. So she stabbed him in the face (eye maybe?). A man stepped forward but instead of killing Lagertha he finished off Lagertha's husband. In later episodes it was revealed that man was Lagertha's now late husbands brother. He supported naming her as Earl because he thought that he would get some Lagertha lovin

Finally got to watch last night's episode. I loved it! The acting of the dying usurper king was bad as he died, but was easily forgiven because Fimmel's (Ragnar) acting more than compensated. I thought it was great how they briefly went to slow motion when Ragnar made it through the first ranks and he and the usurper met eyes. Ragnar, confident and determined, and the usurper just in awe, and realizing that his end coming. Just a great sequence.

I don't mind the Lagertha betrayal angle. Jockeying for power won't ever just stop. As soon as one threat is dealt with, one always pops up. She is sexy as ever too.

Floki remains the most oddly likeable character on TV IMO. Skarsgard's acting is impeccable. He plays batsh*t crazy perfectly and is all the funnier for it.

One line from the episode really resonated for me. It was in the opening, when Ragnar and Bjorn are overlooking their camps. It perfectly summed up Ragnar's rise while also likely foreshadowing more of what's to come for him.

"Power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up."

Though I can't stand the B word princess from Mercia.

I think that's the point.

Last season she bedded King Ecbert as well as some soldiers.

She's already dropped hints to Ragnar.

I suspect she'll also make moves on Rallo, Floki, Bjorn, and Althesan.

Using her most powerful diplomatic resource...

Edited by /dev/null

I laughed about how Floki kept saying how happy he is and he shouldnt feel this way lol

I am also really starting to like Ragnar's oldest son story line

CBF

Agree completely. Floki is hysterical.

I was thinking something bad was going to happen to Ragnar's son because he worried too much about his girl, but then I remembered he's Bjorn Fricken Ironside! He's pretty much indestructible.