Bills finish 20th in USA Today Power Rankings...

Dopey

Hey, I just read the Bills are 60-1 odds for next years Super Bowl. So are the rams. It is always better to be underestimated

Bills-rams Super Bowl. I am calling it now. Two super talented, young, hungry teams with lackluster QB play and top defenses- two very similar teams

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still won their last 4 games by an average of 17 points and then won a playoff game. I have no issue with Carolina. They were 7-9-1 and playing great when they got healthy.

A 6-10 Atlanta team got beat by 31 (in Atlanta) by Carolina in Week 17. What are they doing ahead of the BIlls????

Carolina got to a playoff game by default because of having the best losing record . WRT playoff win - The Cardinals were playing their 3rd string QB!!

WRT ATL see original post 2nd placer in a horrible division (record wise)

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Not every year, though, do we have a team with a winning record and a top 5 ranked defense, let alone top 5 ranked anything.

I will say this, it was really difficult stomaching losses to every other team in the AFC that was in our 8-8, 9-7 wheel house...so I get that.

Didn't make the playoffs, haven't made the playoffs in recent history, won't get respect until that changes.

they got to a playoff game by default. WRT playoff win - The Cardinals were playing their 3rd string QB!!

Yeah, but they were still playing as well as anyone late in the year. I probably saw them 6-7 times this year. They looked like Tampa in the middle of the season and like Seattle over the last 6 weeks. They beat both New Orleans and Atlanta by 31 points on the road in December. Carolina was the team that no one wanted to play at the end of the year. They were beat up all season and when they got healthy they started playing great. If these rankings are a function of how good the teams are as of right now than I am fine with them being up there.

It's important to remember these things are subjective, and our national standing and recent history very much have an impact on where we land. So 20th while finishing 9-7 is to be expected, really.

If you want objective, something more analytic... you look at rankings such as:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

Where we finish 9th.

Let's flash forward to their early September rankings when, because we "didn't do enough to address the quarterback situation" we fall to 29th.

Preseason prediction, because "Rex Ryan is notorious for failing to field an adequate quarterback," 4-12 (never mind the fact that the team had to start the season 0-8 the last time they sunk to a record that bad).

Let's flash forward to their early September rankings when, because we "didn't do enough to address the quarterback situation" we fall to 29th.

Preseason prediction, because "Rex Ryan is notorious for failing to field an adequate quarterback," 4-12 (never mind the fact that the team had to start the season 0-8 the last time they sunk to a record that bad).

there were several 3-13 predictions last year. No one does any research on these rankings.

The Dolphins kicked our ass the last time we played them. Made us look like a joke. They have a QB, we don't case closed.

They did? It was 22-9. And that includes a BS safety.

They most definitely did not "make us look like a joke".

i predicted 8-8 +-1 last year so 16-20 is about right (middle of the pack). for this season i predict 9-7 so we will probably be 8-8 or 10-6 depending on what happens. i think we will be in the wildcard mix again. but isn't the ultimate goal to win the Super Bowl? i feel like the FO's goal is to just make the playoffs which is pretty sad. does it really matter if we sneak in as a wild card and if we are lucky we lose in the divisional round? this is a team that is built to just squeak by and that makes me sad. we will probably be in the bottom half of the power rankings again and we will continue to be until we get a QB. simple as that

Edited by kdiggz

The Bills Total offensive rankings under Orton FELL 7 places as compared to EJ & co the prior season

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/seasontype/2

26 Buffalo

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/year/2013/seasontype/2

19 Buffalo

They did? It was 22-9. And that includes a BS safety.

They most definitely did not "make us look like a joke".

and a completely bogus PI call that even the announcers said was wrong that shifted from it being 4th down to being in the red zone and led to a TD. Also missing 2 key starters - Fred and Leo. Not saying we should have won - Bills didn't play well overall - but it wasn't like Miami was so great that they made us look like a "joke." Edited by YoloinOhio

that depends on if you think I was arguing with you or agreeing with you.

but yes I omitted the bit where I was showing similar regression between seasons

This season alone IIRC the offense in Sept was 22nd to 24th.