golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

Ratings are helped just by Tiger making the cut. I heard ratings are up 40% over last year when he was out. That doesn’t mean he’s worth the entire 40%, but......he’s a big chunk. 

I'm glad to see Tiger back in a major, and although he's not going to contend this weekend his impact on interest and ratings is phenomenal; he also appears to be genuinely humble and appreciative of getting back out there.  If the weather cooperates it's set up to be an amazing final two rounds.  Lots of firepower at the top of the leader board.  I'm rooting for Reed to hold on -- he won me over with his fiery competitiveness at the Olympics and Ryder Cup.  He's like our Ian Poulter.

hope they don’t lose most of the day to rain

amd cheering for the two rabbits out front to keep ahead of the pack, nothing sadder than someone in the last pairing to be ignored after the 8rh because they’ve cratered

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Ratings are helped just by Tiger making the cut. I heard ratings are up 40% over last year when he was out. That doesn’t mean he’s worth the entire 40%, but......he’s a big chunk. 

39 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm glad to see Tiger back in a major, and although he's not going to contend this weekend his impact on interest and ratings is phenomenal; he also appears to be genuinely humble and appreciative of getting back out there.  If the weather cooperates it's set up to be an amazing final two rounds.  Lots of firepower at the top of the leader board.  I'm rooting for Reed to hold on -- he won me over with his fiery competitiveness at the Olympics and Ryder Cup.  He's like our Ian Poulter.

If Tiger gets through four rounds at Augusta healthy, then I'm ecstatic.

He's the only player who's ever made me want to watch golf and I think he's a hell of a guy.  He's human and he's made mistakes ... big deal.  I'm just happy to see him out there and I agree with eball, that his humility and appreciation definitely appear to be genuine.

46 minutes ago, thebug said:

No update? Did Tiger win? 

YES! Did you miss it?

....but not this year. 

It was great to see him make the cut, for the rest of the field. He drives the money train to a large degree. 

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

YES! Did you miss it?

....but not this year. 

It was great to see him make the cut, for the rest of the field. He drives the money train to a large degree. 

Never heard any other fan base use ratings as their go to excuse. Tiger fans apparently have the trademark. Lol 

1 minute ago, thebug said:

Never heard any other fan base use ratings as their go to excuse. Tiger fans apparently have the trademark. Lol 

I’m not talking fan base, I’m talking PLAYERS! The players are the ones who benefit with more $$$$$$ when Tiger drives the ratings up 40%. Ratings rise, then purses rise. Welcome back, sir! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m not talking fan base, I’m talking PLAYERS! The players are the ones who benefit with more $$$$$$ when Tiger drives the ratings up 40%. Ratings rise, then purses rise. Welcome back, sir! 

Why do fans give a **** about how much these guys make?  

Why do fans give a **** about how much these guys make?  

I never said they do. I said the PLAYERS have to be happy to bring in more money to share amongst themselves. However, the fact of the matter is ratings go WAY UP when Tiger is playing. Do you resent that for some reason? 

I think I was pretty clear about this. 

....and I think it’s fairly simple. 

Just now, Augie said:

I never said they do. I said the PLAYERS have to be happy to bring in more money to share amongst themselves. However, the fact of the matter is ratings go WAY UP when Tiger is playing. Do you resent that for some reason? 

No, I just don’t care about ratings. Fans care about winning and last time I checked, this site is a fan site, not a players site. 

No, I just don’t care about ratings. Fans care about winning and last time I checked, this site is a fan site, not a players site. 

Well, it’s a BILLS fan site, and this is about Tiger Woods. A question asked TO the fans, but not ABOUT the fans. It’s natural to mention that he made the cut, ratings are up dramatically and that makes more money for the players. Why is this natural line of discussion so sensitive? It’s a natural sideline. Is he done? No, he made the cut. Is it good or bad? It’s good for the player$. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Well, it’s a BILLS fan site, and this is about Tiger Woods. A question asked TO the fans, but not ABOUT the fans. It’s natural to mention that he made the cut, ratings are up dramatically and that makes more money for the players. Why is this natural line of discussion so sensitive? It’s a natural sideline. Is he done? No, he made the cut. Is it good or bad? It’s good for the player$. 

He hasn’t won !@#$ all in forever so fans use the “ratings” excuse. Good luck to him on winning the ratings!