golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

25 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Can someone please inform me to why this final round is so early?  Leaders are on hole 5 and it’s not even 11am. It figure it should be all over before 3pm. 

Is there a weather concern for the afternoon?

Exactly the reason why. 

6 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Thanks for the info. 

Overall the coverage is weird. It was live on NBC golf this morning. Cut away to the European tournament.  Now is back on NBC golf but is replaying from this morning. 

It's streaming on CBS Sports: http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/golf/?ftag=SPM-04-10abd5f

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

Was he 4 over after 3? Hard to bounce back from that. But I’d actually be happy with it! 

A 7 on the first par 4 hole, then I think he went one over on the 2nd as well

Tiger with a birdie and a bogey through 5 holes today...still at +8 which won't be nearly good enough to make the weekend.  He needs to get something started.

Edit:  and as I sit here watching DJ play, he is so freaking solid I could see him running away with this thing by Sunday.

Edited by eball

23 minutes ago, eball said:

Tiger with a birdie and a bogey through 5 holes today...still at +8 which won't be nearly good enough to make the weekend.  He needs to get something started.

Edit:  and as I sit here watching DJ play, he is so freaking solid I could see him running away with this thing by Sunday.

These crappy Thursdays are killing him.

there is no making up for lost shots on this course unless the weather fully cooperates

on the 5th yesterday Dustin torqued himself into a discus throw intentionally hitting the ball way left on the long par 5.

the US Open, fun fun fun....

34 minutes ago, eball said:

Tiger just doubled #1 to go to +10 with 8 holes to play...doesn't look like he'll be around this weekend.

He's +5 on #1 -- wow.

he's biffed the 1st hole most times his last few visits

that had to be his worst 7 yesterday on the first

i tuned in just to watch him only, the other two were worth it as well

my tape ended at the 8th, that was all i wanted to see

15 minutes ago, eball said:

Only one guy who has played more than 18 holes is under par (DJ at -2 through 30 holes).

now that's a US Open..   :D:D

if it's 100 degrees on Sunday and the golfers are struggling to walk through the course that will make it even better

Well, Tiger's trying not to go home...finished with back-to-back birdies to get to +10.  Projected cut is +9 but you never know.

Meanwhile, all DJ does is shoot a 67 to finish -4.  Only guy under par besides Poulter, who hasn't teed off yet.

Edited by eball

1 hour ago, eball said:

Well, Tiger's trying not to go home...finished with back-to-back birdies to get to +10.  Projected cut is +9 but you never know.

Meanwhile, all DJ does is shoot a 67 to finish -4.  Only guy under par besides Poulter, who hasn't teed off yet.

i admire how Tiger didn't completely lose it on the first yesterday, two shots combined gained him 10 feet toward the pin

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Back to back US Open wins for Brooks Koepka.  Very impressive!

Primarily because it gives us one less reason to mention Curtis Strange.

Would have loved to see Reed force a playoff but he just couldn't keep his hot streak going.  Amazing final round from British Jesus too.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good tourney for Tiger, although a lot of the big name guys weren't in the field.

It seems pretty clear now that unless he suffers a physical setback Tiger will be quite competitive on a regular basis, and could certainly win a tournament or two.  I still don't see any sort of return to dominance, however -- regardless of how much the media want it to happen.

Report: Tiger, Phil planning match for $10 million

Two months ago at the Players Championship, where Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson were paired together for the first two rounds, Mickelson suggested he and his rival-turned-friend Woods skip the tournament stuff and play a "high-stakes, winner-take-all match."

It would appear that the two players are ready to put their money where their mouths are, as a report from Golf.com's Alan Shipnuck suggests the two legends are planning a head-to-head match for $10 million.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Report: Tiger, Phil planning match for $10 million

Two months ago at the Players Championship, where Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson were paired together for the first two rounds, Mickelson suggested he and his rival-turned-friend Woods skip the tournament stuff and play a "high-stakes, winner-take-all match."

It would appear that the two players are ready to put their money where their mouths are, as a report from Golf.com's Alan Shipnuck suggests the two legends are planning a head-to-head match for $10 million.

Great idea.....but about ten years late.

• 2 weeks later...