golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

11 minutes ago, thebug said:

He said it had never happened before. 

Wow.  My knee has popped out a number of times.  Luckily, it always popped back in and didn't have to force it back in............But, it hurt like hell, and especially the first time - it was scary as hell.  And, I sure wasn't up to any sport the next day. 

4 minutes ago, bbb said:

Wow.  My knee has popped out a number of times.  Luckily, it always popped back in and didn't have to force it back in............But, it hurt like hell, and especially the first time - it was scary as hell.  And, I sure wasn't up to any sport the next day. 

And he didn’t get much sleep last night as he was worried about the results of an MRI (and I’m guessing a little sore) He got the results at 7am saying he was good to go and was at the golf course shortly after. 

8 minutes ago, thebug said:

And he didn’t get much sleep last night as he was worried about the results of an MRI (and I’m guessing a little sore) He got the results at 7am saying he was good to go and was at the golf course shortly after. 

That's crazy!  I saw a few minutes today and he was walking fine, too.............After that round, everybody's going to want to pop their ankle out and stay up all night! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/5/2018 at 6:53 AM, row_33 said:

Nobody really liked Jack, he was despised for his first decade in the public eye.

His work with restricted golf courses ticked off a lot of people in my life, to this day still.

Yup;  people resented him because he dethroned Palmer, the most popular golfer ever.

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Yup;  people resented him because he dethroned Palmer, the most popular golfer ever.

And much respect for his accomplishments!!!!

, but most people I knew cheered for Watson over Jack during that era, still do.....

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Jack didn't play to the crowd, so he got none of the "good guy" vibe that Arnie and Watson cultivated.    It may have been due to the "Fat Jack" chatter he dealt with in his early years on tour.  

However, there's never been a better professional golfer in terms of mental strength, focus and step-on-their-throat competitive fire.    I'm glad Jack has mellowed in his golden years as he's accepted the elder statesman/icon role that Arnie so loved.    The video of his reaction to his grandson's ace in the par-3 contest was just so much fun to watch... 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Tiger finally birdied a par 5...on his 7th try. Can’t contend at the Masters if you aren’t scoring on the par 5s.

Case in point: Reed is 8-for-8 birdieing the par 5s and he’s sitting at 10 under. 

• Like (+1) 1