A little love for Marshawn

rfk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if he does have an anxiety disorder, and football is all he knows? That could also be an issue for him, worrying what he would do without football. Anxiety makes people worry and always thinking about "what if". Again, I'm not a psychotherapist, but I'm willing to bet I know a lot more about how complicated an issue this is as I was married to one for 14 years. Mental disorders are one of the hardest things to control, even with meds. And maybe the meds he might need are banned by the NFL. And it's a matter of privacy as to why nothing has ever been mentioned...if there even is a problem. HIPPA ain't no joke no matter what your job is.

If the meds are banned...why is he *in* the NFL? If he has so little control over his actions that he 'can't' quit the NFL then why has someone not had him committed? Your argument that he has social anxiety to such a degree that he's incable of controlling himself, he can't make decisions and is off his meds is making a huge jump compared to....he just wants publicity.

Edited by jeremy2020

When you go to a school that is consistently ranked in the top 20 in the national rankings you sure as hell can. We are not talking West Virginia here, it's Berkeley.

Yes, I'm sure the UC football players had to exhibit the same scholastic excellence as the average student.

If the meds are banned...why is he *in* the NFL? If he has so little control over his actions that he 'can't' quit the NFL then why has someone not had him committed? Your argument that he has social anxiety to such a degree that he's incable of controlling himself, he can't make decisions and is off his meds is making a huge jump compared to....he just wants publicity.

Seriously?? Football is all he knows, it's his life. He can't help the fact that the only thing he has ever done in his life happens to be on the biggest stage there is. Ever hear of the musician Chickenhead? He is an incredible guitarist who wears an empty chicken bucket over his head when he plays live or makes videos, because he has very bad stage fright. But, it's how he makes his living. Also, I never said Marshawn had an anxiety disorder. I'm just saying it's very possible he might and who are we to say either way? Maybe he is just a drunken idiot....I don't know and I'm pretty sure neither do you. But I'll believe Fred Jackson when he says Marshawn is uncomfortable in the spotlight before any of the people here.

Seriously?? Football is all he knows, it's his life. He can't help the fact that the only thing he has ever done in his life happens to be on the biggest stage there is. Ever hear of the musician Chickenhead? He is an incredible guitarist who wears an empty chicken bucket over his head when he plays live or makes videos, because he has very bad stage fright. But, it's how he makes his living. Also, I never said Marshawn had an anxiety disorder. I'm just saying it's very possible he might and who are we to say either way? Maybe he is just a drunken idiot....I don't know and I'm pretty sure neither do you. But I'll believe Fred Jackson when he says Marshawn is uncomfortable in the spotlight before any of the people here.

He wears a bucket on head so let call him Buckethead instead of Chickenhead.

He wears a bucket on head so let call him Buckethead instead of Chickenhead.

Dammit, you're right. My bad. Not even going to go back and correct myself. I'll own up to that faux pas.

lmao I feel like I'm reading the blurb to a Lifetime movie. Weird you know so much about Lynch's inner workings.

Lmao, you're right. This whole thread is a freaking soap opera. But if you read every one of my posts again....not once did I ever say I known what's wrong with Marshawn. I said "if" over and over. I think I made myself pretty clear that I don't know what is going on with him. Just stating why someone might act the way he does. Comprehension people.

This isn't some private citizen whose life we're prying into when it's not our business. He's a sports entertainer for one of the most watched sports in the world. We're not our"infringing on his personal life." He has no personal life. This is the NFL.

Actually he totally is a private citizen, by every definition of the phrase, allbeit a high-profile one. But to say "he plays in the NFL, he has no personal life" is just silly.

I know a few pro athletes and entertainers, to suggest they dont have a right to privacy because they happen to be really good at things that people enjoy is again, just silly.

Regarding Marshawn, I'm suprised everyone cares so much whether or not he talks to the meida. I thought his presser was funny and so did most of the people sitting the bar I was at last night, but to each their own.

Regardless, Beastmode is going to keep doing his thing, eating his skittles and scoring TDs.