Fred Pagac supports Marrone's decision

YoloinOhio

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His logic is strange. Provide for his family? He screwed himself. Getting fired would have made him 8 million. But, he takes a job with some teams called the jags and most likely took a multimillion dollar pay cut? He destroyed what little credibility he had, in the league and college ranks. Doubtful anyone but the jags would have hired him. I guess I'm missing Dougs strategy here.

the fact that he thinks marrone is "a hell of a coach" and is "surprised he didn't get another head job" confirms that fred pagac is a complete and utter moron.

nice of fred to still respect the dude directly responsible for him being unemployed though.

Edited by Dirtbag

His logic is strange. Provide for his family? He screwed himself. Getting fired would have made him 8 million. But, he takes a job with some teams called the jags and most likely took a multimillion dollar pay cut? He destroyed what little credibility he had, in the league and college ranks. Doubtful anyone but the jags would have hired him. I guess I'm missing Dougs strategy here.

He didn't know that. At the time, it was best for Marrone to opt out for pure financial reasons.

Love him saying that players should shut up. He's on point.

He didn't know that. At the time, it was best for Marrone to opt out for pure financial reasons.

Love him saying that players should shut up. He's on point.

At the time Marrone thought it was in his best financial interest. Edited by Rob's House

i think fred jackson has more than earned the right to opine on the state of the team and coaches. certainly more than some random assistant coach.

While I love Fred, I'm not sure if I necessarily agree. He's a great guy and loves Buffalo. No question. But I don't know if he ever turned down an extra $4 million to stay here.

While I love Fred, I'm not sure if I necessarily agree. He's a great guy and loves Buffalo. No question. But I don't know if he ever turned down an extra $4 million to stay here.

$4 million has nothing to do with it. if fred felt marrone betrayed them, he had every right to say it. dude is (and has been) the heart and soul of this team for years.

Edited by Dirtbag

If that's really his reason for leaving I don't have much respect for his decision. If it were personal I could better understand, but being that shamelessly opportunistic is not very admirable IMO.

How is it an extra 4 million? is it extra because he did not have to earn it?

he is a friggin line coach now, not even an OC. And even that gig is tenuous at best. but if the rumor is correct that he will be the jags next HC well I will believe that when I see it. maroon will be unemployed next year again, with no extra 4 million as you called it.

freds opinion is held way higher than Pagac, or any other clown getting their walking papers now. Well for most people anyways.

$4 million has nothing to do with it. if fred felt marrone betrayed them, he had every right to say it. dude is (and has been) the heart and soul of this team for years.

So, because he's a tough player who tries hard at his job, he's the arbitrator of right and wrong?

If that's really his reason for leaving I don't have much respect for his decision. If it were personal I could better understand, but being that shamelessly opportunistic is not very admirable IMO.

I'm surprised we aren't on the same page on this. You wouldn't leave you company for a reasonable chance of doubling your salary, especially if you could barely get along with your superiors and colleagues?

How is it an extra 4 million? is it extra because he did not have to earn it?

he is a friggin line coach now, not even an OC. And even that gig is tenuous at best. but if the rumor is correct that he will be the jags next HC well I will believe that when I see it. maroon will be unemployed next year again, with no extra 4 million as you called it.

freds opinion is held way higher than Pagac, or any other clown getting their walking papers now. Well for most people anyways.

It's extra because it would be added to a potential 2015 HC job. It didn't work out that way, but it'd be a no-brainer if I was in his shoes.

Again, I don't see how Fred has any experience in any situation like this. When did he have opportunities to make much more money elsewhere?

Edited by FireChan

"He wanted to take care of himself, his family and his staff,” Pagac said. “It’s hard to coach when you’re under the gun, I guess. If they wanted him, they would have given the extensions to him and to the coaching staff.

I'm still trying to figure out WTF this means. Makes no sense at all.

I'm surprised we aren't on the same page on this. You wouldn't leave you company for a reasonable chance of doubling your salary, especially if you could barely get along with your superiors and colleagues?

If I couldn't stand my superiors and colleagues I might well do it, but I wouldn't skate with the money just because I could.

I'm not that far from you on this. I think these guys should put themselves before the team, but that doesn't mean that everything else goes out the window. I'd have to be pretty disgruntled to do what Doug did; particularly to do it the way he did it.

So, because he's a tough player who tries hard at his job, he's the arbitrator of right and wrong?

huh? whether fred is right or wrong has absolutely nothing to do with what i'm saying.

fred has every right to voice his opinion -- as does anyone. it's clear that you think that players should shut up and only coaches should be allowed to speak. i disagree.