Great read on Rodgers development

-Rodgers has improved his accuracy "which might sound crazy when discussing a guy who once completed 23 passes in a row in college": "For Rodgers, the key to improved accuracy was perfecting his footwork. “Learning to time up my drop with each route has been a big thing with me,”

That is a very interesting point. Reflecting on someone like Vick, who's accuracy has generously been known as "****," one wonders if mobile quarterbacks tend to be less accurate for just that reason of footwork.

Flacco showed he has one of the strongest arms in the NFLNFL early in his career. Those other QBs are laughable that you use them as an example. They are no good we are talking about elite QBs... Brees also showed but the chargers wanted rivers instead.

Strong arm...a lot of guys have that. Flacco's become a lot more than that in recent years.

All of the guys I mentioned off of the top of my head had very-E.J. like QB ratings and performance after their first two seasons. Agreed, Smith and Tannehill are never going to Canton, but they would be very serviceable in Buffalo. Certainly an upgrade from Orton or the Amish Rifle, when he was here.

The point is, some QBs do improve with time and coaching.

That is a very interesting point. Reflecting on someone like Vick, who's accuracy has generously been known as "****," one wonders if mobile quarterbacks tend to be less accurate for just that reason of footwork.

thats certainly a part of it. and i think you would see a related issue that because they are able to get by with their legs, its often not until their mid 20s that someone tries to force the finer points of quarterbacking on them. atleast for the truly spectacular athletes like vick. you also probably see more of them that have learned to get by with improv instead of out studying opponents too. not all of course, but probably a fair number.

I read on TSW that accuracy can't be improved upon or coached.

Funny you said that! I read the same thing. Lol!

Honestly Rodgers would have been a star even if he started day 1.

I suggest you go back and watch his preseason games his first couple years

Flacco showed he has one of the strongest arms in the NFLNFL early in his career. Those other QBs are laughable that you use them as an example. They are no good we are talking about elite QBs... Brees also showed but the chargers wanted rivers instead.

Kyle Boller was known to have one of the strongest arms in the NFL and he didn't pan out. The Chargers wanted Rivers because they didn't think Brees was any good.

Great read, thanks for posting.

The author does a great job of highlighting how his intelligence is the initial kick start to his success. This "west coast" attack includes many presnap reads but also has many mid play, just second decisions. I'd love to see those packaged plays make way towards BFLO. Cut out the zone read and implement these zone/slant concepts.