Head Coach candidate: Greg Roman

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they are even considering him for OC as well? He interviewed at TB for OC and maybe since his head coach left the Niners are allowing that.

Good article on Roman below. I think a lot changed last year, and again, unsure how much was related to the unrest/team frustration with Harbaugh.

Coaching candidate Greg Roman a victim of his own, Niners' recent success

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--offensive-guru-and-coaching-candidate-greg-roman-a-victim-of-his--niners--success-022509392.html;_ylt=A0LEV7pQLaxUbAsAhfYPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBzNzB2ZXJtBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMjEEY29sbwNiZjEEdnRpZAM-

I think they are doing exactly what has been alluded to by some, picking the brains of some of the best minds in the game to assess what they see as issues with the team, what they would fix it etc. In the end they will have gathered a good collection of ideas from some very knowledgable coaches who are looking at it from a view outside the organization. Pretty smart if you ask me.

+1

I think they are doing exactly what has been alluded to by some, picking the brains of some of the best minds in the game to assess what they see as issues with the team, what they would fix it etc. In the end they will have gathered a good collection of ideas from some very knowledgable coaches who are looking at it from a view outside the organization. Pretty smart if you ask me.

Pegula basically did the same thing with the Sabres GM position. LaFontaine basically interviewed every assistant GM on the planet. I think it took him 2 months too. Difference is that the Bills don't have that timetable. Plus, PLF left the Sabres and took all that knowledge with him.

His offenses finished 11th, 24th and 20th the 3 years with the 49ers and there was a feeling he underachieved with the talent on that side of the ball the last 2 years...

Have to say he seems like Hackett 2.0...why not just keep the original Hackett if they are looking at bringing him in for OC? Have no idea how he is getting head coach consideration...I thought you actually had to be good at your job as a requirement for that...

49ers were 9 yards/game better than the Bills this season and the Bills were 13 yards better/game than the 49ers last year...net advantage +4 yards/game to Hackett with a much worse QB situation...

Edited by matter2003