We need a HC, that can build a Super Staff

The Bills threw out the years have hired all kinds of coaches, we hired a College coach, experienced coaches & coordinator coaches. Now it's time to add a coach that can build a NFL caliber staff from top to bottom. DW was able to complete what I call half a NFL staff the Defensive staff was definitely NFL caliber but he short changed us on the offensive side of the ball. Nate Hackett, Pat Morris and the rest of the staff were either from college or not house hold names in the NFL.

Whoever we hire now needs to have the clout to build this staff with experienced NFL guys for example is we hire Derell Bevel it would be nice to keep our defensive staff & special teams in place while adding on Offense a guy like Trestman for Oc and Greg Roman as Oline/running gm coordinator. Even the positional coaches need to be guys that have experience. Im tired of the Bills hiring half a staff filled with inexperienced guys.

Its a new era in Buffalo and Terry is first class all the way I expect him to use this strategy going forward. Just take a look around the league at the teams that are good and dont have those Super bowl caliber QBs. ARZ, SEA, PHILLY BALT, DET, CINNY all these teams have great staffs in place and they know how to develop players. These teams usually don't get out coached on a week to week basis. These teams are winners because there prepared.

Last but not least I hope the Bills stay away from candidates that come from teams with franchise QBs like McDaniels, Gase, Haley & Reich. These guys can be products of there QBs. I would rather hire a guy like Darell Bevel, Rex Ryan or of course Bill Cowher. These coaches have proven they can win by developing QBs to fit there systems.

A top 3 Head Coach will have no problem finding a great staff

If the Bills choose a "Bright Young Assistant" we will be lucky to find anyone.

The Bills have to much talent to gamble on unproven assistant coaches

We have a "Super Staff" on the defensive side of the Ball.

We need a HC that can kept the Defensive staff and build an equally "Super Staff" on offense.

I agree 100%, I would love if whoever we bring in to keep our Defensive staff in place Schwartz, Pepper, Henderson these guys are fantastic. All yr they made great 2nd half adjustments. I would even like to keep Crossman as our special teams coach. Keeping these guys in place can help keep continuity on more then half the team and it takes a lot of pressure of the new head coach so he can concentrate on rebuilding our offense.

Not necessarily, Mike McCoy was able to build a very good staff in San Diego & Bruce Arians as well in Arz. Bruce had head coaching experience as an intern & MM never was a head coach.

Not necessarily, Mike McCoy was able to build a very good staff in San Diego & Bruce Arians as well in Arz. Bruce had head coaching experience as an intern & MM never was a head coach.

LOL, yea and that's in sunny California,NOT BUFFALO, not all coaches like it here :w00t:

-

Edited by HOUSE

LOL, yea and that's in sunny California,NOT BUFFALO, not all coaches like it here :w00t:

Excellent point, but our staff is already 2/3 complete if the new head coach decides to keep these guys. So basically all we need is to hire there offensive staff. Remember our coaches are still under contract

-

A franchise QB. Without one it won't matter.

This explains the issue. You want a proven top HC? Then you'd better have a franchise QB already in place because that is a must-have for such coaches. They can be incredibly selective so - if they are still interested in championships and not just a payday - why would they bother with a team that is still looking for their QB? They wouldn't.

This explains the issue. You want a proven top HC? Then you'd better have a franchise QB already in place because that is a must-have for such coaches. They can be incredibly selective so - if they are still interested in championships and not just a payday - why would they bother with a team that is still looking for their QB? They wouldn't.

I want proven assistant coaches coordinators not necessarily HC, I'll be fine with Derell Bevel as head coach. I think he did a fine job with Russ and maybe he can get Ej going.

Overblown. A team pays, great assistants will come. New ownership has the pockets, and has displayed

no hesitation reaching into them. This is not the old Buffalo operation. Besides, these coaches spend

a majority of their time inside the facility. When they go outside they are on the practice field at the facility.

They are on their way to an airport to fly out to a game. They don't have a lot of free time anyway. $ talks.

Edited by purple haze

I want proven assistant coaches coordinators not necessarily HC, I'll be fine with Derell Bevel as head coach. I think he did a fine job with Russ and maybe he can get Ej going.

Getting proven coordinators to come to Buffalo is definitely reasonable and attainable. I wouldn't count on anyone getting EJ going anywhere, but out of town.