(OT) Bye Bye NHL

Like A Mofo

My memory continues to let me down.  Prior to the oranges being added when the Sabres came to town, was it....

Lower Gold

Upper Gold

Red

Blue

Grey

or something else???

228679[/snapback]

Yep, I think that's right. The golds were the closest to the rink. And all over, vendors would hawk the early, first edition of the Courier-Express. I'd hang around after the game and pick one up from the floor.

I've no idea what concession prices were. Food was something you had at home back then. :D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I think that's right. The golds were the closest to the rink. And all over, vendors would hawk the early, first edition of the Courier-Express. I'd hang around after the game and pick one up from the floor.

I've no idea what concession prices were. Food was something you had at home back then. :D

228715[/snapback]

Funny thing about your signiture, when I read it, I think of the NHL not being able to do anything without the NHLPA Union.

Luckily in a year they'll be able to get rid of that union though. :lol:

Must suck for America Jr. that they have to rely on us to bring them their national sport at the highest level.  :D

228660[/snapback]

Dude you must not know alot about Canada. In a lot of ways Canada is superior to the USA. I'm a citizen of both countries and can see the pro and cons on each side of the fence.

Dude you must not know alot about Canada. In a lot of ways Canada is superior to the USA. I'm a citizen of both countries and can see the pro and cons on each side of the fence.

228746[/snapback]

Really? Why would you do that? The measure of a man is being firm in his choices...

Cool!

What is with the striking resembalance to the "Pepsi Cap" in the 60's logo?  I notice StuckInCincy has it for his avatar.  Is there any connection to Pepsi?

???

228755[/snapback]

A little history on the Bisons and the Pepsi cap logo on their jerseys.....

http://www.bisonhockey.netfirms.com/bottlecap.htm

http://www.buffalosportshallfame.com/Class..._al_pastor.html

228746[/snapback]

Hmmm, how can I summerize my feelings. Who gives a !@#$?

I added a second link which is better than the first...

228770[/snapback]

Cool!

I noticed that after I posted, Thanks!

When I first opened the link from page 1, I went right to history and couldn't find the bottlecap story. I bet it would have helped if I would have just looked through the site first!

I still remember going to the Brave's games and sitting in the "Oranges". We would get free tickets from the back of Dairylee milk cartons. I think that was my first time getting vertigo!

:D

The dumb ass players lose big time and they deserve it. Owners said play for $1-$3 million or don't play at all. Players chose to not play at all and now they are all screwed. Players had zero leverage to begin with and in sticking to a no cap stance they just f-ed themselves. The NHL wants to break the players union and will do just that.

What happens next is this: If there is no agreement and the entire season is canceled, the NHL can declare an impasse and show they offered numerous proposals that were all rejected and the players union refused to negotiate. Then the NHL can draw up their own CBA with a hard salary cap and any other rules that they want and that becomes the agreement without any vote necessary from the players. Next September, the owners will declare an end the lockout and open training camps. Anyone who wants to tryout for an NHL team can show up and the season will start in October. Union broken, salary cap implemented and "cost certainty" is achieved. NHL 1 NHLPA 0.

The dumb ass players lose big time and they deserve it. Owners said play for $1-$3 million or don't play at all. Players chose to not play at all and now they are all screwed. Players had zero leverage to begin with and in sticking to a no cap stance they just f-ed themselves. The NHL wants to break the players union and will do just that.

What happens next is this: If there is no agreement and the entire season is canceled, the NHL can declare an impasse and show they offered numerous proposals that were all rejected and the players union refused to negotiate. Then the NHL can draw up their own CBA with a hard salary cap and any other rules that they want and that becomes the agreement without any vote necessary from the players.  Next September, the owners will declare an end the lockout and open training camps. Anyone who wants to tryout for an NHL team can show up and the season will start in October. Union broken, salary cap implemented and "cost certainty" is achieved. NHL 1 NHLPA 0.

228811[/snapback]

Why are they screwed?

If I was a talented European player, now they can still play the game they love in their home area.

Sure money isn't as great. Just the excuse to do the thing they really love without the "love of money" getting in the way. Kind of ironic if it was a "strike" but, it is not, it is a "lockout."

People forget that hockey is an international sport that can be played in other countries and still give you a decent living.

North American hockey needs an overhaul anyway!

:D