Marrone is old school and can we trust him to change moving forward?

Niagara Dude

The thing that worries me about keeping this guy around is he willing to change and understand this is no longer a run & stop the run league.If he is not willing to bring in a more modern play calling OC then he should be shown the door.

Keep Marvin Lewis on Cincinnati in mind.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Lewis

He's had many bad seasons in a row but the Bengals stick with him.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep Marvin Lewis on Cincinnati in mind.

http://en.m.wikipedi...ki/Marvin_Lewis

He's had many bad seasons in a row but the Bengals stick with him.

Hasn't won a playoff game.

John Fox, Bill Belicheck, Pete Carroll all failed to some extent at previous stints as a head coach. I don't think they were terrible coaches before; now at least Belicheck is going right into the HOF. All those guys became good coaches when they got great QB's.

Edited by Section242

1 yard, a cloud of field turf and punt. That's Marrone. Problem is I think 9-7 and just short of a wild card is the ceiling for Marrone & Co. That's as good as it will ever get. They won 9 games with the best defense in the NFL. That should be a huge disappointment to everyone. Playoffs or bust, right? They busted. Who cares if they had 6 or 7 or 9 wins? 9 was still not good enough. No way they can possibly fix all the problems with the offense in one off season especially with no 1st round pick. I believe they also do not have a 4th round pick. Current management and coaching staff will say anything to keep their high paying jobs. Who wouldn't? Big question is do the Pegula's want to stick with mediocrity or actually build a championship caliber organization? Stick with mediocrity and we'll be here next year at this time saying the same things with the same questions just like we have had for the past 15 years

Edited by kasper13

[quote n

ame=Big C' timestamp='1419809070' post='3392558]

With an efficient offense - just efficient - we would be have 11-12 wins. Marrone is not the reason we missed the playoffs.

One of the above statements is ridiculous.

Marrone was hired because of his experience coordinating the NFL Saints quick hitting offense for Sean Payton, and his ability to translate much of these same concepts into a productive, uptempo offense at Syracuse.

So you guess which one.

Also, if Marrone's reported comments (by Wilcott during today's game) about how games are not for developing players is true, then he should hold himself and his OC to that same standard. Why some of you are ok with him developing an OC at the expense of wins, makes me wonder..

Marrone is all about the current score on the board, and field position. He has no feel for the flow of the game and no "courage" to put his team in a position to win. He does not show any propensity to change and if that continues, will be forever a .500 coach at best.

Bottom line, he does nothing to help his team win a game.

If it weren't for our 1st winning season in a decade, a 4-2 record in the division, a win in New England (so what if it was a watered down Pats team), and it was done with sup par QB & O-line play and a college level OC, I'd probably agree with you.

If it weren't for our 1st winning season in a decade, a 4-2 record in the division, a win in New England (so what if it was a watered down Pats team), and it was done with sup par QB & O-line play and a college level OC, I'd probably agree with you.

It is funny though. I think there is a thread here saying we need a coach that can win without a great QB. Isn't that what Marrone just did?

Who hired the OC? Who is the supposed OL guru?

I am happy they went 9-7 but it was just soooooooo imbalanced. They had a 14 win defense and our cutting edge offensive head coach could not make lemonade from lemons some of which he picked himself. Although you can't fire him after 9-7 you can be sure he will never win a thing. It is a very odd situation.