Where were you 15 years ago?

finn

Not sure if the board crashed, or God intervened to keep us all from jumping off the ledge. Glad I was in a one story house.

So true. I don't think any other sports team has suffered through something as bad. I was actually checking the time for the next playoff game (bills/Indy) and 30 seconds later the season is over.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any other sports team has suffered through something as bad.

Other teams have had serious misfortune. It's something else again to get kicked in the unmentionables and have it last for 15 years. This is crazy stuff that has to end soon! And I believe it will (because, you know....I'm a Bills fan).

I was 20 years watching the game at my parents house in Warsaw NY full of confusion after my dad and I were at the stadium for 'the bootleg play' against Jacksonville the week earlier. Couldn't figure out how you go with Johnson (confusion).. Johnson almost wins the game with one shoe (confusion)... Look at Wade on the sidelines with no headset (looks confused)... that play happened (confusion for obvious reasons). 15 Years later and in California still confused over all of that and now confused over our offensive guards, QB and OC.

Edited by SJDK

Here's a tough question: If you had known that it would be 15 years (and maybe much, much more, alas) with no joy in January, would you have stuck with the Bills?

Yes. But I limit my fan involvement to watching them on television. I haven't purchased anything Buffalo Bills related in over ten years. And gimmicks like bringing in Bill Polian no longer impress me either.

Like SJDK said above, we need offensive guards, a QB, and an OC. That's a lot of player the Bills need to be playoff caliber.

Here's a tough question: If you had known that it would be 15 years (and maybe much, much more, alas) with no joy in January, would you have stuck with the Bills?

Of course. Some of my best memories are at Bills games.

When Dickie J was the coach my brother and I had seasons and would chant "Fire Dick!" after every bad play. During that Browns game when we lost 6-3, I texted the Bills hotline about fans ruining gameday experiences and said "Dick Jauron is ruining my gamely experience." A few weeks later he was fired... you're welcome

That season with Fitz when we started 5-1 with thrilling wins over the Raiders, Eagles and Pats* were some of the best games I've ever attended. I have never heard the stadium so loud when Florence returned that INT for a TD and the Bills took the lead.

I love tailgating, I love running to my seat to be there before the introductions. I've brought my girlfriend to a number of games now and I get to share those memories with her and she loves it as much as I do.

As much heartbreak, anger, frustration the last 15 years have caused, I have just as many positive memories from that time

That said, make the !@#$ing playoffs next year

Of course. Some of my best memories are at Bills games.

When Dickie J was the coach my brother and I had seasons and would chant "Fire Dick!" after every bad play. During that Browns game when we lost 6-3, I texted the Bills hotline about fans ruining gameday experiences and said "Dick Jauron is ruining my gamely experience." A few weeks later he was fired... you're welcome

That season with Fitz when we started 5-1 with thrilling wins over the Raiders, Eagles and Pats* were some of the best games I've ever attended. I have never heard the stadium so loud when Florence returned that INT for a TD and the Bills took the lead.

I love tailgating, I love running to my seat to be there before the introductions. I've brought my girlfriend to a number of games now and I get to share those memories with her and she loves it as much as I do.

As much heartbreak, anger, frustration the last 15 years have caused, I have just as many positive memories from that time

That said, make the !@#$ing playoffs next year

Me, too. God help us.

Living in Seattle. Working for United Airlines. Preparing for the dreaded Y2K.

Seattle was in virtual lock down due to a terrorist threat. US Customs caught some a'hole with a trunk full of explosives, trying to enter the US at Port Angeles. WA. The Space Needle was all fenced off. People paid big money, years in advance to have dinner at midnight 2000 at the top of the Space needle, and it didn't happen.

The locked up the terrorist, Y2K came AND went, and life went on.

I was a junior in high school. I watched the entire game and when the throwback play stood as a touchdown I got multiple calls from a few buddies laughing at how the bills happened to blow the lead.

I didn't realize at that time that would be the last game for Bruce, Thurman and Andre as a Bill too which made it even worse a few weeks later.

50 years ago plus one day, i was using my cheap mini reel to reel tape recorder i got for xmas and taped the first half of the bills v san diego chargers AFL championship game at the rockpile holding the mic up to the radio.. .. a bit off topic. sorry, but 50 years ago, could not resist..

Do you still have the tape?

I was a junior in high school. I watched the entire game and when the throwback play stood as a touchdown I got multiple calls from a few buddies laughing at how the bills happened to blow the lead.

I didn't realize at that time that would be the last game for Bruce, Thurman and Andre as a Bill too which made it even worse a few weeks later.

The end of an era in many ways.