Alaska Darin, this a relative of yours?

According to the UNICEF report, over 6400 Iraqi children PER MONTH were dying as a result of the U.N. imposed sanctions.

What you don't understand is the world doesn't work on ideology, even though you'd like it to.  These people don't use reason and logic and it truly doesn't matter what the reason of the week is.  It's not going to stop if we only say the right things.

228077[/snapback]

So then it is ok for us not to use reason or logic. For us to lower our morals and standards because they do.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No I am using my right to think, act, and form my own opinions.  I would be the first one in line to defend this country.  But that is not what we are doing now

228075[/snapback]

In my neck of the woods talk is cheap my friend. So again I ask...What are YOU doing to defend our nation?

Oh...that's right.."I would defend it..."

POS

No I am using my right to think, act, and form my own opinions.  I would be the first one in line to defend this country.  But that is not what we are doing now

228075[/snapback]

I'm glad you would be the first in line to defend our country. Really, I am. But if I had a choice between who had my six, it wouldn't even be close. Mattis will get me home.

So then it is ok for us not to use reason or logic.  For us to lower our morals and standards because they do.

228081[/snapback]

No, we're not using YOUR reason or logic. Neville Chamberlain was a tubesteak and appeasement has never worked against an increasingly violent opponent.

Two observations:

1) There's a time and a place where statements like that aren't inappropriate, and a time and place where they are. From everything I've heard and read, it sounds like Mattis' comments were not out of line given his intended audience...namely, a bunch of officers who had the proper context to interpret his statement and figure what he REALLY meant. That the statements are now out in a completely different context where they sound irresponsible...well, he could have used a little more discretion, but it really isn't Mattis' fault.

2) I've actually heard his statements...he doesn't sound nearly as clear and direct as he's being reported. Rather, he seems to be searching for the best way of expressing what he really means. I won't speculate on the actual attitude behind his statements...but he sounded like he was he was actively trying to avoid meking exactly the kind of frivolous and irresponsible statement he's now accused of making.

I'm not in favor of this war, but I will support the ever living hell out of the troops any way I can (the latest was a donation to "beef and beanies" - don't know if that was nation wide or just here in South Florida).. While I sit here in a comfy air conditioned office, sipping coffee, and listening to Howard Stern, this general is out there leading men into battle. For him to say what was on his mind, if that helped his men, is a good thing. How dare anyone question it...

So then it is ok for us not to use reason or logic.  For us to lower our morals and standards because they do.

228081[/snapback]

Reason and logic are why we are over there. Ever heard of the phrase 'nip it in the bud'?

But what am I saying, surely as the boards only free thinker you have considered that position and have already catagorically dismissed it... :lol:

Pretty easy to be an ass hole from an easy chair.  Ever been in combat?  Yeah, didn't think so.

228080[/snapback]

So now you have to have been in combat to speak your mind or open your eyes on to the world around you. No I have never shot anyone, and by the way my chair is pretty uncomfortable, the us company that used to make it now imports from a third world nation that dosn't make the cushion as well.

The sign of the apocalypse is here

228060[/snapback]

a sign of the end because of MY post??? you give me way too much credit.

If it's a sign of the apocolyptic end to radical islamic tyranny in Afghanistan, then that's a good thing.

Also, have you ever spoken to anyone who has fought in the war? I can tell you I have spoken to many of them. Go to war with this Care Bear mantality which you seek of our military, and you'll fail.

Again, when he said this statement that has your tie-dye panties in a knot, he was referring to the enemy....in combat.

So now you have to have been in combat to speak your mind or open your eyes on to the world around you.  No I have never shot anyone, and by the way my chair is pretty uncomfortable, the us company that used to make it now imports from a third world nation that dosn't make the cushion as well.

228094[/snapback]

:lol:

Reason and logic are why we are over there. Ever heard of the phrase 'nip it in the bud'?

But what am I saying, surely as the boards only free thinker you have considered that position and have already catagorically dismissed it... :lol:

228093[/snapback]

That is the good thing here I don't dismiss any opinion I take them all in enjoying their warmth.

Shall we connect the dots for Coltrane? Hmm let's see, the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11 trained in Afghanistan, sanctioned by the Taliban. So the mean 'ol USA went over there and destroyed them. Most of the uber liberals see this as a justified use of American forces...but not Coltrane, the man (I use the term loosley) who WOULD defend our country...

228075[/snapback]

But you're doing it with a serious lack of real information. Thinking and forming one's own opinions is great...when you can base them soundly in reality, and not in the isolation of your own previous thoughts and opinions. Frankly...you haven't yet demonstrated that you know what you're talking about...

Shall we connect the dots for Coltrane? Hmm let's see, the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11 trained in Afghanistan, sanctioned by the Taliban. So the mean 'ol USA went over there and destroyed them. Most of the uber liberals see this as a justified use of American forces...but not Coltrane, the man (I use the term loosley) who WOULD defend our country...

228100[/snapback]

Serioulsy Jarhead, what's NORMAL?

I'm afraid to look it up on the net. I don't need to be arrested today for lewd material :lol: