Derek Carr

Say what you want about Orton. I know he wasn't great but I still say we don't beat the Lions, Vikings, or Packers with EJ. I know Orton didn't do a lot in the Green Bay game but I feel like he managed it just barely well enough to help our defense win which I'm not confident EJ would have done.

I'd take Carr right now for EJ, CJ and this year's top pick. Of course, they'd never accept that pile of garbage plus a mid 2nd, but if they did....

That would be one of the worst trades in Bills history. Awful.

Say what you want about Orton. I know he wasn't great but I still say we don't beat the Lions, Vikings, or Packers with EJ. I know Orton didn't do a lot in the Green Bay game but I feel like he managed it just barely well enough to help our defense win which I'm not confident EJ would have done.

We score a td in the Lions game, barely scored 2 in the Minny game, & Orton was awful in the GB game. In their only head to head opponent, the Bills' offense scored 22 points against Miami with EJ and 9 with Orton.

The idea of Orton being an upgrade is a complete myth. We wasted a season developing an average to bad journeyman to go 8-8. Awesome.

Out of all the past 2 years of rookie QBs, he's probably the general consensus as the best one. The whispers around the league are that he's the hardest working guy on the team and does and says all the right things. He could easily net a high 1st round pick in a trade based on what he's shown (not that Oakland would let him go for that.) Meanwhile, what is EJ worth? My impression is nothing. Perhaps EJ should start vs Pats and hopefully show that he's worth at least a late round pick? Then fire everyone.

That would be one of the worst trades in Bills history. Awful.

We score a td in the Lions game, barely scored 2 in the Minny game, & Orton was awful in the GB game. In their only head to head opponent, the Bills' offense scored 22 points against Miami with EJ and 9 with Orton.

The idea of Orton being an upgrade is a complete myth. We wasted a season developing an average to bad journeyman to go 8-8. Awesome.

Not a fair comparison. We were at home when EJ played Miami and on the road when Orton played them. Orton may not have put up crazy numbers in those games but I'd be willing to bet EJ does something to throw those games away. It may not have been much but Orton was an upgrade from EJ.

Edited by Talley56

Didn't Oakland have the strongest strength of schedule this season? I think he performed well. Could it have been better? Sure! But he's a building block for the future. A fundamental one that looks very possible to succeed, which for the Raiders, is about time.

actually he had not been healthy. He has hurt his ankle, sprained an mcl, and injured his thumb. Only missed the bye week with the mcl. He was knocked out of the Miami game in London and replaced by Schaub. The ankle knocked him out of week 15 and he ended up coming back. He appears to be a pretty tough guy.

He's a Carr. If history has taught us anything, it's that bad teams can ignore the basic maintenance on these boys for quite a while before they break. To get the expected performance, let's see if Oakland learned from Houston's mistakes.

Yes, but at least Sammy, Woods, and 7-11 knew exactly what Orton expected from them when he stood there like a statue and got blasted in the pocket, when he pulled up and slid 2 yds short of a first down, or when he bounce passed the ball to them.

The unfortunate reality of going with KO was it was a playoffs or bust mentality, and without the playoffs it really is a wasted season. I've tended to be a glass half full guy, and I still think there has been progress, but this decision and subsequent outcome really does make me think that someone deserves to be fired over it.

Edited by transient

This week is going to be very telling about the kind of organization we have.

Brandon and Whaley say all that matters is winning a championship. Here we are with no playoff shot, our best chances of winning a championship in the future is to develop our young players for the future.

If Orton starts instead of EJ, it's a blatant attempt to win a game for the coaches sake while ignoring the goal of developing young players to win playoff games down the road.

Exactly like starting Van Pelt in meaningless games down the stretch when we should have had our young guys in there learning and gaining experience. My pet peeve with this club. Say one thing, do another.

I think you greatly overestimate the amount of this supposed development that's likely to take place in this game. It might be better in the long run to wait until he's ready before throwing him out there again.

I think you greatly overestimate the amount of this supposed development that's likely to take place in this game. It might be better in the long run to wait until he's ready before throwing him out there again.

Are you suggesting that putting a young QB in against NE*, one who probably already has confidence problems given the way he was unceremoniously yanked from the starting lineup, and one who is certainly smart enough to know how tenuous his future as an NFL QB is, when the rest of the team is primed for a "run for the bus" type of game to round out a failed season in which the OL has continued to regress doesn't smack of sheer genius?

I'd take Carr right now for EJ, CJ and this year's top pick. Of course, they'd never accept that pile of garbage plus a mid 2nd, but if they did....

I'd gladly trade EJ for Carr straight up. I don't think the Raiders would be too interested though.