Would Chan be an upgrade as OC?

BmarvB

Well I guess some opinion piece from Buffalo Rumblings proves Hackett is qualified. Ignore the horrendous play calling and the lack of adjustments which this article doesn't mention at all.

I don't need some half assed article to tell me Hackett is ok. I have eyes and watch all the games. He !@#$ing blows and if you disagree, then you blow too.

I take it you didn't read it. Or at least I hope you didn't, if that was your takeaway.

Chan got offers but decided to retire and garden.

He's still crazy as a loon. I'll never forget 5 wide on third and inches, or Gailey calling for deep throws with a lead against Tennesee and 2 minutes on the clock. Guy was out of his mind.

There is no doubt he was a little nuts with the 5 wide, but at least with Chan they scored TD's. The bills scored 83 TD's from 2011-2012. The past 2 seasons (I know there is one game left) they have scored 66 TD's.

Give me Chan over Nate all day.

There is no doubt he was a little nuts with the 5 wide, but at least with Chan they scored TD's. The bills scored 83 TD's from 2011-2012. The past 2 seasons (I know there is one game left) they have scored 66 TD's.

Give me Chan over Nate all day.

How many in garbage time?

Enough of the Chan crap he was old and in the way last time..he only was here cause Ralph and Buddy liked the nursing home setting for meetings..Chan is fishing ang hanging with his grand children. Leave him be.

This has ben a topic of discussion ever since Hackett was put in charge of the offense & the struggles became apparent , he just doesn't have the experience to make adjustments to the opposition & he does NOT IN ANY WAY know how too use the talent he has to their strengths !

If Marrone is half the coach every one thinks he is that will be the first change he does , the excuse of having so many QB's come in to try out doesn't hold water !! Because even though they say they have had 12 QB's in over the last 2 seasons how many actually played ?

E.J.,Thad , Orton , Kolb may have been the projected starter but he only went in actually after he got better from the knee sprain when E.J . went down then he got his bell rung which was his end then they brought in Thad so the 12 QB thing is total BS !!

The Pats did it when Brady went down a couple years back with their back up & never missed a beat . I get it Cassel was in a solid offense for more than one year as a back up ut still coaching is everything look at what Arians has done in one year out in AZ end of conversation !!!

SHip Hackett out ...

Garbage time...like the Orton to Woods TD yesterday? If you want me to look it up I'll need an example to properly define "garbage time".

Down more than 3 scores. 17+.

Like the ones in Denver this year?

1. Can you come up with another? I can come up with about 10 for the Gailey era.

Down more than 3 scores. 17+.

1. Can you come up with another? I can come up with about 10 for the Gailey era.

I would use the Miami, KC, & Cleveland games but we scored like 2 tds total in those games.

I do remember games against NE where we put up 30+ points on several occasions under Chan.

Chan got offers but decided to retire and garden.

He's still crazy as a loon. I'll never forget 5 wide on third and inches, or Gailey calling for deep throws with a lead against Tennesee and 2 minutes on the clock. Guy was out of his mind.

True, but at least he was unpredictable.

Edited by hondo in seattle

OK, for the people really pulling for Chan...

Everyone needs to recall that he hitched his wagon to QB Ryan Fitzpatrick for three years for a REASON!! Fitz had an uncanny ability to get the ball out to the open receiver faster then Peyton Manning does, yes faster! Hence the quick, short passing scheme.

2.2 seconds vs 2.5 seconds, and this mostly negated the pass rush against them making the O line look far superior then what it actually was. His spread offense was a "real" spread out offense from one side of the field to the other, and thus allowed for big runs from Spiller with that crappy O line. Chan was able to make a 7th round WR look brilliant because of his smoke and mirror 4-5 WR sets in that spread offense. The best his offense ever did in Buffalo was in 2011, and that year it was ranked #14 in both points, yards.

Now, what everyone is also forgetting is that offense was soon figured out by opposing defenses, and completely shut down at times. Gailey had a .333 record with the Bills going 16-32. Because then in 2012 his offense went to 21st points, 19th yards, and darn close to what it is now.

Lastly, how did this great offensive guru that whom everybody complained about calling way to many passing plays vs run plays do against the team biggest rival in the New England Patriots. In three years he went 5-1, and that one win at home the Bills defense was incredibly lucky to induce Tom Brady to have a 4 INT poor game. Yet, Brady almost managed to pull out the win.

Left to his own devices Chan Gailey sucks, and under I'm not going to touch a thing as all my time is spent helping my good friend Danny Crossman St Doug, Chan Gailey left to his own devices would still suck. However, Chan Gailey under a strong minded head coach like Bill Cowher, Tom Coughlin type as both would demand a strong run game to accompany the passing game, things just might work.

I want better then the 24th ranked offense to the 20th, and I would think that like me, most everyone would want to see a top 10 offense next season to go along with that top 5 defense. First and foremost the Bills need a team that can crush the Patriots.

Wouldn't matter...

St. Doug would force him to go 3 TE and run right up the middle

In any case, Chan and Buddy waned Cam Newton and it looked like they were going to get him. Then his stock rose right before the draft and they missed out. A lot of things might have been different had Cam been here.

OK, for the people really pulling for Chan...

Everyone needs to recall that he hitched his wagon to QB Ryan Fitzpatrick for three years for a REASON!! Fitz had an uncanny ability to get the ball out to the open receiver faster then Peyton Manning does, yes faster! Hence the quick, short passing scheme.

2.2 seconds vs 2.5 seconds, and this mostly negated the pass rush against them making the O line look far superior then what it actually was. His spread offense was a "real" spread out offense from one side of the field to the other, and thus allowed for big runs from Spiller with that crappy O line. Chan was able to make a 7th round WR look brilliant because of his smoke and mirror 4-5 WR sets in that spread offense. The best his offense ever did in Buffalo was in 2011, and that year it was ranked #14 in both points, yards.

Now, what everyone is also forgetting is that offense was soon figured out by opposing defenses, and completely shut down at times. Gailey had a .333 record with the Bills going 16-32. Because then in 2012 his offense went to 21st points, 19th yards, and darn close to what it is now.

Lastly, how did this great offensive guru that whom everybody complained about calling way to many passing plays vs run plays do against the team biggest rival in the New England Patriots. In three years he went 5-1, and that one win at home the Bills defense was incredibly lucky to induce Tom Brady to have a 4 INT poor game. Yet, Brady almost managed to pull out the win.

Left to his own devices Chan Gailey sucks, and under I'm not going to touch a thing as all my time is spent helping my good friend Danny Crossman St Doug, Chan Gailey left to his own devices would still suck. However, Chan Gailey under a strong minded head coach like Bill Cowher, Tom Coughlin type as both would demand a strong run game to accompany the passing game, things just might work.

I want better then the 24th ranked offense to the 20th, and I would think that like me, most everyone would want to see a top 10 offense next season to go along with that top 5 defense. First and foremost the Bills need a team that can crush the Patriots.

The question though was would you take Gailey as an upgrade over Nasty Nate. That assumes this current teams defense. The answer to that question has to be yes.

I would use the Miami, KC, & Cleveland games but we scored like 2 tds total in those games.

I do remember games against NE where we put up 30+ points on several occasions under Chan.

It was twice.

I remember putting up 3 against SF and Seattle. I remember 10 against the Dolphins. I remember 9 against the Texans. 7 against the Cowboys. 8 against the Dolphins. 10 against the Chargers. 17 against the Titans. 11 against the Jets. etc etc because I'm sure I missed a few. The dude sucked.

It was twice.

I remember putting up 3 against SF and Seattle. I remember 10 against the Dolphins. I remember 9 against the Texans. 7 against the Cowboys. 8 against the Dolphins. 10 against the Chargers. 17 against the Titans. 11 against the Jets. etc etc because I'm sure I missed a few. The dude sucked.

Most overrated coach the Bills have ever had.

As much as people hate Hackett they loved Gailey equally.

Why? ONE win vs New England* when Brady had a meltdown, the refs forgot who they worked for, and the Bills fot EVERY lucky bounce. They won by 3 and Fitz and Gailey were heroes forever.

Most overrated coach the Bills have ever had.

As much as people hate Hackett they loved Gailey equally.

Why? ONE win vs New England* when Brady had a meltdown, the refs forgot who they worked for, and the Bills fot EVERY lucky bounce. They won by 3 and Fitz and Gailey were heroes forever.

Chan was bereft of player talent but did a credible job with the little he had - at least on the offensive side of the ball. Fitz, CJ, Stevie all enjoyed the best years of the careers under Chan.

Edited by hondo in seattle

The question though was would you take Gailey as an upgrade over Nasty Nate. That assumes this current teams defense. The answer to that question has to be yes.

and I stated such earlier in the thread, and was just taken aback by all the love for Chan. Yea, Chan would be better, but only slightly IMO.

The Bills need a real upgrade at OC, and not someone who was fired as OC in KC before the ridiculous moron Buddy Nix hired, and promoted him to a HC job because he was getting desperate and running out of time, choices.

There will be quite a few NFL experienced bright minded OC's available once this years glut of head coaches are fired, and that could be as many as 10.