Which QB would you like in the draft?

nova? I saw him play against ohio state. What do you see there?

Hard to see vs. a Juggernaut like Ohio St.... But I think of him as a developmental QB.... Decent arm strength... intuitive.... 6th rd to UDFA....

Edited by #34fan

I'm not sure if he will be a decent pro or not. he's just a backup. But Taylor Kelly of ASU will probably go 4-6. He's pretty good. I have seen every one of his passes. He's a better QB than Osweiler is, the backup to Manning. He's somewhat slight, but can run. Not big but big enough. Very accurate. Can throw deep. A little strange throwing motion but quick release. He's much better than Jeff Tuel. The problem is that he is probably a career back-up, and has little chance to be a good starter.

There are no qbs worth taking in any rounder this year

While I can't agree with that statement, I don't think there are any QBs in this draft I'd want starting for the Bills in 2015 or maybe even 2016. Those that are the best of the class are risky choices for the early picks they will be taken with.

Some of the names thrown out here are interesting, if they can be had with a 3rd or later pick (preferably later). They might develop into something. I'm almost glad the Bills don't have a high pick this year (read" ALMOST glad) as the pressure to pick a QB would be great, and I'm not convinced any QB in this draft is worth an early pick.

I'm an ECU grad so I have watched him pretty closely and love Shane Carden. You cant teach a quick release. Reminds me a bit of Brees based on physical tools but obviously has a long way to go to talk about that seriously. Early in the season when ECU was ranked there was talk he could sneak into the late first, early second but now I;m seeing him mostly in the 4th in mocks. I'd love to have him here.

Carden kinda reminds me a bit of Andy Dalton.

Him and Petty are the only only QB's who i can see being possible NFL starters outside of Marriota and Jameis (who i think will be a bust but will be drafted top 5). Hundley is worse than EJ, Mannion looks like a lesser version of Mike Glennon which isnt saying much.

Carden could probably be had in the 3rd round and think that would be a nice spot to grab him and develop him behind a vet.

There is no way with our D, we can start a rookie and possibly waste another yr of a dominant D. Going to get harder and harder to KEEP guys on this D with type of production so many guys are having. We must get a QB who is ready to come in and win from day 1.

While I can't agree with that statement, I don't think there are any QBs in this draft I'd want starting for the Bills in 2015 or maybe even 2016. Those that are the best of the class are risky choices for the early picks they will be taken with.

Some of the names thrown out here are interesting, if they can be had with a 3rd or later pick (preferably later). They might develop into something. I'm almost glad the Bills don't have a high pick this year (read" ALMOST glad) as the pressure to pick a QB would be great, and I'm not convinced any QB in this draft is worth an early pick.

Hardly anyone picked in round three or later develops into a franchise QB. It very, very, very rarely happens. Brady and Romo, out of 32 teams right now, are probably the only ones. And they have played 10 years. Hardly anyone is that good in round two (Brees was the 32nd pick and he didn't excel on the team that drafted him).

Russell Wilson is a total freak and that will likely never happen again. He doesn't count. I may be forgetting someone.

Hardly anyone picked in round three or later develops into a franchise QB. It very, very, very rarely happens. Brady and Romo, out of 32 teams right now, are probably the only ones. And they have played 10 years. Hardly anyone is that good in round two (Brees was the 32nd pick and he didn't excel on the team that drafted him).

Russell Wilson is a total freak and that will likely never happen again. He doesn't count. I may be forgetting someone.

Well, if your frame of reference is franchise QBs and 2014, then probably not. Guys have certainly broken through in the not too distant past though. Garcia, Warner and, though you want to exclude them, Brady, Romo and Wilson. But to be truthful, I wasn't assuming a QB the Bills might be able to get late in this draft would likely be a franchise QB. In fact, I'm not sure any QB in this draft is likely to be a franchise QB, no matter what round he may be drafted. But there may be a guy, who can be had in the mid-to-later rounds, who might be a serviceable backup. And in the NFL that is a valuable asset and not to be overlooked, IMO. So I would certainly look at a QB later in the draft, but I wouldn't want to pick one, this year, too early as I don't believe there is a franchise QB available---outside of possibly the top two or three, and then even then I'd be wary--this year.

But rolling the dice on a mid-round pick on a QB isn't a bad strategy, IMO. Even if he ends up being a decent backup. I might have taken Cousins when he was available. I might have also have taken Wilson.

I'm a big believer that a big part of QB success is tied to getting his shot in the right offense at the right time. Obviously there is something to be said for pure talent. But QBs with tons of talent have failed, while those with more limited skills have succeeded because they were in the right offense, with the right coach, and a good OL, at the right time---while others have failed because they were fed to the dogs, behind a terrible OL and a poorly conceived offense, when they were young.

Perhaps I'm wrong, Perhaps I'm drunk. OK, I'm drunk, but I still think I believe this. Check with me in the AM.

Well, if your frame of reference is franchise QBs and 2014, then probably not. Guys have certainly broken through in the not too distant past though. Garcia, Warner and, though you want to exclude them, Brady, Romo and Wilson. But to be truthful, I wasn't assuming a QB the Bills might be able to get late in this draft would likely be a franchise QB. In fact, I'm not sure any QB in this draft is likely to be a franchise QB, no matter what round he may be drafted. But there may be a guy, who can be had in the mid-to-later rounds, who might be a serviceable backup. And in the NFL that is a valuable asset and not to be overlooked, IMO. So I would certainly look at a QB later in the draft, but I wouldn't want to pick one, this year, too early as I don't believe there is a franchise QB available---outside of possibly the top two or three, and then even then I'd be wary--this year.

But rolling the dice on a mid-round pick on a QB isn't a bad strategy, IMO. Even if he ends up being a decent backup. I might have taken Cousins when he was available. I might have also have taken Wilson.

I'm a big believer that a big part of QB success is tied to getting his shot in the right offense at the right time. Obviously there is something to be said for pure talent. But QBs with tons of talent have failed, while those with more limited skills have succeeded because they were in the right offense, with the right coach, and a good OL, at the right time---while others have failed because they were fed to the dogs, behind a terrible OL and a poorly conceived offense, when they were young.

Perhaps I'm wrong, Perhaps I'm drunk. OK, I'm drunk, but I still think I believe this. Check with me in the AM.

Orton is a good backup. EJ is a good backup. We need a starter.

I wasn't negating Romo and Brady, I was including them as the only ones, and there hasn't been another for over ten years. Wilson is the only one I am not counting, because he is a freak (A top 2-3 overall pick that had one thing against him that no one could look past, but it didn't affect him at all). In the 20 years there have been dozens of quarterbacks taken in the draft and UDFA from the third round on, and two of them have proven to be good. Do you want those odds?

Orton is a good backup. EJ is a good backup. We need a starter.

I wasn't negating Romo and Brady, I was including them as the only ones, and there hasn't been another for over ten years. Wilson is the only one I am not counting, because he is a freak (A top 2-3 overall pick that had one thing against him that no one could look past, but it didn't affect him at all). In the 20 years there have been dozens of quarterbacks taken in the draft and UDFA from the third round on, and two of them have proven to be good. Do you want those odds?

I don't believe there is a guaranteed franchise starter in this draft, and certainly not one in the 2nd round. I also do not believe one will be available in FA or by any reasonable trade this offseason. I'd be happy to get a Hoyer or Foles from this draft as a prospect.

With that said, I'm not entirely convinced EJ can't be a quality starter. And at this point in time, I believe he is the best chance this team has for 2015. I'd love to think we had a better option, but I don't see it. I think EJ needs to win an open competition in the offseason, with the Bills bringing in the best QBs they can reasonably find in FA and in the draft. But if EJ can't win the starting job, I really think we are doomed for another poor offensive season in 2015---unless, of course, the Bill can invent some QB-neutral offense that has yet to be seen in the modern NFL.

Man I don't like anyone in this years class- resembles more the Talent in Geno/EJ class. I'm suprised how high Jameis Winston is on the so-called espn draft experts boards. The guy has been a turnover machine this year with a windup motion. I understand he's won games but I just don't see the game translating to the NFL. Mariotta is just a athletic QB in a dynamic offense.

Even the other players in this draft aren't that spectacular. I like Amari Cooper but I wouldn't trade him any higher than Sammy and below Julio:AJ green when they came out

Edited by tito1