SI: How the Bills are beating the NFL's best QBs

YoloinOhio

Yes but that's a gross over simplification. Read the article again on how they read what the Packers call, and then how to match that back 7 to their 3 wide.

The prep on Schwartz for this game is impressive.

Let's hope he can repeat next week.

I wonder how much Schwartz's experience with GB's personnel and tendencies came in handy. I have to think a LOT. I'm hoping his second look at Brady and Co. has him better informed vs. NE*.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how much Schwartz's experience with GB's personnel and tendencies came in handy. I have to think a LOT. I'm hoping his second look at Brady and Co. has him better informed vs. NE*.

GO BILLS!!!

what I found interesting about that is I also anticipated we would have an edge due to his experience playing this offense. However, he never had much success stopping them while in Detroit. Speaks again to the roster Whaley has put together on D.

what I found interesting about that is I also anticipated we would have an edge due to his experience playing this offense. However, he never had much success stopping them while in Detroit. Speaks again to the roster Whaley has put together on D.

Underscores the idea that talent trumps scheme every time.

GO BILLS!!!

"9" routes are essentially any route a receiver runs straight down field. That could mean a "go" or "fly" or even a "fade". The key being there are no cuts made by the receiver in the course of the route. A "stop nine" is exactly what it sounds like; the receiver streaks and then stops. Commentators usually refer to these in replays as "back shoulder throws" by the QB with no allusion to the actual route run by the receiver.

And Marrone is right, GB makes a living off these. Rodgers missed a few the other day.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks for the responses!

Take notice on the play where Rambo cut in front of the receiver to intercept the ball...On that play, Rogers missed a wide open receiver at the top of the screen who looks like he would have scored 6. How come Rogers isn't being called out for throwing to the wrong guy? I guess elite quarterbacks make bad decisions too.

nQiX.gifI

Slow eyes.

I have noticed Robey do this a lot. He is identifying things, and constantly making calls and getting people in the right position. As a nickel, he seems to be the QB of the entire secondary.

i saw someone in the national media (believe it or not) point out that the Bills are very fortunate to have a guy like Robey who can cover those little slot guys. He said many teams just don't have that guy because DB depth is so low across the league.

My favorite "little guy" player since Mini Max, tough as nails and smart! Does get burned on occasion (some of it due to size) but really reminds me of a young Jabari Greer. I can't believe they picked this guy up UDFA. Amazing!

i saw someone in the national media (believe it or not) point out that the Bills are very fortunate to have a guy like Robey who can cover those little slot guys. He said many teams just don't have that guy because DB depth is so low across the league.

Robey is the kind of player that we ought to re-sign early, kinda like we did with Terrance McGee. He is critical and can be had probably for good value.