Cutler Benched; Clausen to Start at QB for Bears on Sunday

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think because Cutler can throw the ball far that means he can take us to the SB ?

You know what the Bears are asking themselves right now ? What else can they do to have some sort of success with Cutler ? They have gotten rid of coaches and built up a fantasy team, around him and they still cannot have any sort of success with Cutler ?

Minus that time he went to the nfc championship game, or lovies last season when they were 10-6. He hasnt been full on terrible the whole time.

Minus that time he went to the nfc championship game, or lovies last season when they were 10-6. He hasnt been full on terrible the whole time.

You mean that time the top 5 defense pulled that 30th ranked offense with 28 turnovers to the NFC championship game

You think because Cutler can throw the ball far that means he can take us to the SB ?

You know what the Bears are asking themselves right now ? What else can they do to have some sort of success with Cutler ? They have gotten rid of coaches and built up a fantasy team, around him and they still cannot have any sort of success with Cutler ?

Maybe if they had a top 5 defense that would help.

Maybe if they had a top 5 defense that would help.

Or if the offense actually played up to its potential which it never has under Cutler for any length of time . They had a top 5 defense in 2010 and dragged Cutler and the 30th ranked offense to a NFC title game .

They have invested heavily in doing any and everything possible for Cutler to be successful as "the guy" and he has failed to deliver but his personality will never let him just be a game manager and so what are you left with .? I read somewhere that last year the bears averaged 28 ppg overall and only average 21 ppg this year . Jay Cutler has 7 .5 starts and the offense averaged 22 ppg and Mccown in his 4.5 starts averaged 24 ppg . After 6 years and all the offensive changes they know the problem starts with Cutler but I dont think they get rid of him this season

I know I'm gonna get killed for saying this...But we're Kirk Cousins, two decent guards and one halfway competent OC away from challenging for a championship. There's talent on this offense. Just utter lack of creativity in terms of how to use them.

For the record, I think the Redskins are one dysfunctional franchise. They're a clustersuck right now. Even Colt McCoy has struggled prior to his injury.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/12/17/kirk-cousins-ive-learned-from-my-mistakes/

EJ is way to inaccurate for my tastes. Cousins isn't the long term answer. But he has a good combination of leadership, accuracy, athleticism and football intelligence. Right now I'm guessing he would be available for a 4th or 5th round pick.

The 2nd round pick in the 2015 draft has to be a for a top notch guard. I would then use our 2016 1st pick on a QB to groom behind whomever ends up leading the charge next year.

C

I saw enough of cousins in college to not buy into his anointing in Wash. I will be shocked if he ever becomes more than an above average backup. He's Fitz, Orton, even RJ back in the day. Can string a few games together here and there but always regresses to the mean and shows why he's not starting material. What QBs have busted out or been let go by their original team, and come back to win a Super Bowl? Young, Dilfer, Brees are the ones I can think of. Close calls to Peyton, Warner, and Gannon. Obviously not impossible but I just don't have faith in any of the retread options out there except for maybe cam newton who won't be available.

Watched that game the other night and once the Bears got down it seemed like Cutler checked out. He seemed defeated and uninterested and was just going through the motions. He still seemed like he was trying to a certain degree but was at a frustration point of whatever.

Yeah his body language seemed as if he didn't care but he also seemed soooo fed up with his supporting cast and the Bears in general, that he is done in Chicago. I think a change of scenery will do him wonders, that doesn't mean he will all of a sudden become a Pro Bowler or anything or he will have a new and great attitude, but I can understand the frustration he is having on that mess of a team in Chicago.

Would it work here in Buffalo, TBD maybe with a good team around him he gets way more motivated and interested. IDK but it might be worth a shot if the price is right, can't be worse.

Cutler is a better option than any QB we have now or that we can get on the market.

We dont have the option to be picky!

Oh and in regards to how bad he is?

As of today his stats are as follows....

QBR of 89.5 with 3,640 yards passing and 28 TD's

If our QB had those stats we would be in the playoffs this year

CBF

So our goal is to just get a step up from Orton?

Um......yes?

IMO at least until we can get a better QB through the draft or FA in the next few years.

Cutler would be a great fill in for the next 3 years or so

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan