Kids say the darndest things...

Deranged Rhino

I'm a spiritual person by nature and fully believe that there's more to this world than what we see. However, I've never done much "research" into this particular phenomenon. I've been working on something that kind of goes hand in hand with this topic, but I'm curious if any of the parents here have had their children say stuff about their past lives or if this is purely a phenomenon that lives on the interweb and in urban legends.

I understand reincarnation is a religious issue for some and mean no offense by this topic. But some of this stuff is pretty out there... even for me.

Between the ages of 2 and 6, my son would tell me the same story of how he picked me to be his mother.

He said something about being with a man in a suit and picking a mother that would help him accomplish his souls mission. … We didn’t discuss spirituality … nor was he raised in any sort of religious environment.

The way he described it was that it was similar to grocery shopping, that he was in a bright room with people who were lined up like dolls, and that he picked me. The man in the suit asked him if he was sure, he replied that he was, and then he was born.

My son also had an early fascination with WWII era planes. He could identify them, their parts, what region they were used in, and the like. I still have no idea where he got that information. I’m a science gal, his dad is a math guy.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/337315-10-things-kids-have-said-about-past-lives/

Let me just say that I had no belief in any of this until about a year and a half ago. Through my sister, I met a couple with a beautiful little 8 yo girl. They told me that she often talks about how she was killed in London during the Germans bombing in WWII.

She provided such incredible detail, to the date mind you, that they Googled it. She either knows her history or she was there, her parents say.

Freaky indeed.

There's the "Pollock Twins:"

http://www.muldersworld.com/photo.asp?id=18509

The Pollock Twins

"In 1957, 11 year-old Joanna and 6 year-old Jacqueline Pollock were tragically killed in a car accident in Northumberland, England. They were sisters. A year later, their mother gave birth to twins Jennifer and Gillian.

The younger twin, Jennifer, had birth marks on her body in exactly the same place as Jacqueline had them. The twins then started requesting toys belonging to the deceased girls which they had no prior knowledge of. The twins even asked to go to a park they have never been to before (but their deceased sisters have).

A well-respected psychologist at the time, one Dr. Ian Stevenson, studied the case in-depth and concluded it was likely the twins were reincarnations of their departed sisters."

I have always had the theory that we can pass memories genetically. In fact, I believe our DNA can hold memories from ancestors from a thousand years ago. If we could ever unlock these genes on purpose and in full, we may be able to take on the skill set of someone such as Mozart, if he happen to be an ancestor that is.

If our brains are like complex computers, that means we have a hard drive which could in part store memories from someone who died hundreds of years ago. We now attribute long term memory to the hippocampus, but what if there is a function by which we can unlock a system of memory function that reaches back into the past of our great great grandfather? It's interesting to say the least. Of course I may have ruined the creepy factor of the story, but I'm a blabber mouth.

I'm a spiritual person by nature and fully believe that there's more to this world than what we see. However, I've never done much "research" into this particular phenomenon. I've been working on something that kind of goes hand in hand with this topic, but I'm curious if any of the parents here have had their children say stuff about their past lives or if this is purely a phenomenon that lives on the interweb and in urban legends.

I understand reincarnation is a religious issue for some and mean no offense by this topic. But some of this stuff is pretty out there... even for me.

http://www.theepocht...out-past-lives/

I find this stuff interesting. I've read some about it before. I don't really believe in it, but I haven't closed my mind completely.

I admit, I pay close attention to the crazy stuff my three and a half year old daughter says, wondering if maybe she could have access to info in some mysterious way. So far, just one thing stands out a little. She talks about a character that she calls "the ghost with the one black eye." When I've asked her for details, she has said some stuff about him going down the stairs into the basement and that he (the ghost) is very sad. Which is odd because we don't have a basement. But then, she could have gotten this from one of the halloween shows she has watched or something like that. Or it could be simply her imagination.

Not a kid per se but my hamster Sammy often spoke of past lives. He said humans are just stupid and he could tell me all the #$%^ that went down in the 1550s and that all animals know this crap and that humans are just too up tight and they get f$%^#$ in the head. Those are his words, not mine. He had a series of names he used to have and there are hundreds. I think he said this is the 9th time he's been named Sammy. Hamsters have shorter lives than humans so I guess it makes sense. His favorite name he had was Enrique Lloyd Sternberg. Anyway most other animals can't talk like Sammy and I just thought he was crazy.

I asked Carl once and she gave me a scared look as if to imply she was sworn to secrecy. It was weird. She usually talks in big words, but talks a lot. She just shook her head and stared at me. I'm telling you that the creepy movie thread has nothing on the look Carl gave me. She is literally nice about everything else. When I left she sought out Sammy and was whispering something to him. She didn't know I was watching. Sammy called her a slut a bunch of times but she kept talking. Usually when he does that she either becomes annoyed with him or she rolls over on her back starts talking dirty and they go at it. This time she stayed focused and kept whispering Finally Sammy looked scared at something she said and he doesn't talk about it any more Ever. One time I purposely said the words Enrique Lloyd Sternberg randomly to him in the middle of a normal conversation and he immediately pooped. It could have been a coincidence but one of the pellets flew about a foot which is not normal.

This whole thing freaked me out and I did a GvG and followed all the rules. The big guy cut me right off in the voice you get on the recording like when a phone call doesn't go through. You know the voice that says "that number is not in service". Anyway he used that voice and told me to never ask about it again.

I forgot all of this until you brought up those creepy kids. Now I can forget sleeping for a while. Thanks. There is not really much to go on here but if you search for clues about a hamster of the past named Enrique Lloyd Sternberg maybe you'll find something. I'm not sure many good records are kept on hamster lives to be honest so it is probably be a dead end.

Keep me posted.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Hmm my two year old is really really scared of fireworks and today I wore a shirt with some skulls on it and he was pretty freaked out about it. I explained we all have bones inside of us and even showed him a couple of Youtube videos to ease his worries but afterwords he started talking about ghosts. He hasn't had much exposure to ghosts (just a bit on TV) but he is half Thai and they are pretty crazy about that kind of stuff so maybe he is getting it from his Mom. In any case I have asked him why the sounds of fireworks are scaring him so bad and he keeps repeating boom boom and pointing an imaginary gun at me. I think he died by a gun somewhere in his past because he has absolutely no experiences with any kinds of guns. He also has said some stuff about his sister and he doesn't have a sister.