Week 16: Raiders' Game Preparation - Spiller Active for OAK

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "Trap Game" is a game that is played before or after a tough or rival opponent. Teams have a tendency to look past an opponent preparing for the following week's game, or have a letdown after beating a tough or rival opponent.

No, they don't.

Look it up, Thurman.

Howard Simon is the worst interviewer I've possibly ever heard. It's amazing he doesn't get his ass kicked more. It's one thing to be confrontational for the betterment of the interview, it's another thing to be confrontational to make yourself feel bigger than your guest.

Howard Simon is the worst interviewer I've possibly ever heard. It's amazing he doesn't get his ass kicked more. It's one thing to be confrontational for the betterment of the interview, it's another thing to be confrontational to make yourself feel bigger than your guest.

he came across as a fake tough guy trying to puff out his chest. Sal was probably embarrassed to be involved. Bringing up some reasons why Marrone's job could come into question is perfectly fine, after Brandon said he didn't know why it was even a question. The way it was presented you would have thought Simon was in third grade.

he came across as a fake tough guy trying to puff out his chest. Sal was probably embarrassed to be involved. Bringing up some reasons why Marrone's job could come into question is perfectly fine, after Brandon said he didn't know why it was even a question. The way it was presented you would have thought Simon was in third grade.

I happened to catch yesterday's debate between Sal and Howard regarding culture and what it means. Howard kept insisting it's all about talent, not culture. It was absolutely obvious that Howard has no understanding of the concept of culture. Simply put, all the talent in the world doesn't do a bit of good if it doesn't exist in a culture that can cultivate that talent. Simple concept for most people.

GO BILLS!!!

@ChrisBrownBills

Scott Chandler did not practice due to illness. #Bills

@buffalobills

.@sammywatkins: "I watched the film. They don't look like a 2-win team. They've been playing good 'ball."

B5FGKqFIUAIdiXm.jpg

.@CJSPILLER on what will determine if he plays: "It'll come down to how I feel"

.@CJSPILLER: "I don't need a pep speech to know how big this game is." #BUFvsOAK

B5FH2HdCUAAZG0q.jpg

@mikerodak

C.J. Spiller was a limited participant. Is officially on 53-man roster.

Bills have to travel across the country after a huge home win, that in itself is difficult regardless of the opponent but the Raiders have actually been playing tough at home and I think won last two there. Add in the fact that the Bills travel to the Pats the following week and this has all the makings of a scarey trap game for the Bills.

But they're going the other way across the country. It's going to feel like normal game time to them. When west coast teams come east the game feels like it takes place at like 9am. The travel should not hurt the Bills at all.

@mikerodak

Bills clarify C.J. Spiller situation, say that he is not yet on 53-man roster. Bills have until next Wednesday to activate him.

Gilmore, Duke, Spiller limited

The Bills had a player out with illness at practice Wednesday along with a handful of other players limited due to injury.

Scott Chandler missed Wednesday’s practice as he was sent home sick. A few of Buffalo’s defensive backs were also limited including Duke Williams, who is going through concussion protocol.

C.J. Spiller was limited in practice as well.

DID NOT PRACTICE

TE Scott Chandler – illness

LIMITED IN PRACTICE

K Dan Carpenter – groin

S Duke Williams – concussion

CB Stephon Gilmore – shoulder

S Da’Norris Searcy – hamstring

RB C.J. Spiller – shoulder

TE Chris Gragg – knee

DE Jarius Wynn – knee

FULL PRACTICE

RB Boobie Dixon – chest

Bills WR Sammy Watkins Discusses Match-Up

Bills WR Sammy Watkins answered questions from the Bay Area media via conference call about his rookie season and the upcoming match-up with the Raiders.

Bills HC Doug Marrone Talks Raiders

Buffalo Bills Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about his team and the upcoming match-up with the Raiders.

Doug Marrone: "He Looked Good" (2:53)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about C.J. Spiller's practice today and players who turn their careers around with a second chance.

Doug Marrone: "He's Played Extremely Well" (3:22)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about the play of Tackle Seantrel Henderson and what the process is when the team signs a free agent.

Doug Marrone: "They Keep Each Other Accountable" (2:43)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about the play of the Bills defensive line and facing Khalil Mack.

Kyle Orton: "I'm Excited to Have a Chance" (2:30)

The Bills quarterback talks about his memories of Oakland, his thoughts on Khalil Mack, and what he thinks of the state of the offense.

Marcell Dareus: "Next Game is Our Most Important" (2:37)

The Bills defensive tackle talks about playing meaningful games late in December, trying to not pay attention to what other teams are doing, and facing a rookie quarterback in Derek Carr.

C.J. Spiller: "We'll See How I Feel Tomorrow" (4:52)

RB C.J. Spiller talks about potentially returning to the lineup this weekend against Oakland and what it's been like getting back to full team activities.

C.J. Spiller status still to be determined

C.J. Spiller was limited in practice Wednesday, and has not yet been added to the active roster. A final decision is expected later in the week.