Anyone who thinks J.P. is ready.....

canbuffan34

Now before you guys "rip me a new one" ha! ha! At least hear me out, the following are the reasons I think going with J.P. at this point could be a mistake:

1) This is not the kind of team IMO that a young inexperienced Q.B. will have success with because overall it is not a young team! There is alot of veteran talent here, particularly on defence; Sam Adams, London, Troy V, TKO, Milloy...

I believe their time is now! I doubt any of these guys wants to see a first year starter at Q.B.

2) First year Q.B.'s rarely have success ( c*ck-less burger being the exception)

Their is a learning curve as we all know and the same fickle fans that are looking for Drew's head-on-a-stick will be booing this poor kid right out of town by week 6.

3) I think that the o-line gelled more and more with each week they played last season, and I believe that Jim "Mouse" McNally was the best pickup the Bills got last offseason, along with Bobby April... another genius! Both of these guys were selected by Coach Mike Mularkey ( the second coming of Marv Levy) This is a guy who will review every play Drew had last season, and along with Tom Clements will figure out a way to limit his mistakes, and allow him to return to be the Q.B. that we all hated when he wore a Patriot uniform. The talk about competing for the job at Q.B. to win the starter title is all smoke and mirrors for the residents of Buffalo.

To sum up, Most of the posters on this forum want Bledsoe out of town, all I'm saying is be careful what you wish for....

I will be the first to admit that I haven't seen alot of playing time by Losman, and if he's The Guy this year, then I'll be one of his greatest supporters as I have been a Bills fan for 25 years and counting.... I just think that making a change right now at the pivot position could really hurt this team next season. :(

The question remains: if not now, when? We didn't draft him to put him in a little collector's case and throw him on a shelf.

He eventually NEEDS to play. Should we wait till the 2010 season for him to get his rookie mistakes out of the way? No.

We need him to do that ASAP. I think TD realizes that. If we don't play him this year, then who do we play? Bledsoe? He has already proven that he can't win with this team - why not go with an unknown. What could JP do worse? Miss the playoffs by a bigger margain? Hey, at least we'll get a better pick in 2006.

The question remains:  if not now, when?  We didn't draft him to put him in a little collector's case and throw him on a shelf.

He eventually NEEDS to play. Should we wait till the 2010 season for him to get his rookie mistakes out of the way? No.

We need him to do that ASAP. I think TD realizes that. If we don't play him this year, then who do we play? Bledsoe? He has already proven that he can't win with this team - why not go with an unknown. What could JP do worse? Miss the playoffs by a bigger margain?  Hey, at least we'll get a better pick in 2006.

227034[/snapback]

Let me ask you this? How many times have you seen Brady knocked on his ass!?!

Their offensive line gives him all day back there to pick a target and release the rock, Brady holds on just as long as Bledsoe and sometimes longer! The compliment I paid to McNally in my post earlier was that I believe he got the most he could out of the players he had to work with, I'm saying when I watch the tapes if Bledsoe has time, he completes the pass! (redundant, I know) I would like to see this team finish what it started, I really felt disappointed watching the Pitt. game but I couldn't help feel that we were a few key players away, not " I'd like to see a new beginning" for next season!

pat . pat , pat throw the ball short , throw the ball over recivers head , miss the wid open guy , step out of the way of pass rusher .. ..... bled over the hill ---- start JP and we will have just as many wins .. and f##k the weather

Canbuffan made some valid points about why it might not be time to put in Losman. Keep in mind that Losman had less than half a year of practice time. Without him being out there physically thowing the ball in practice, it will be hard for him to complete those passes in actual games.

But Bledsoe is not the answer. If you want a veteran starter--which is not a bad thing to want--there are other QBs to whom you can turn. QBs who have higher ratings than Bledsoe, and who can be signed for lower salaries. QBs like Kurt Warner!

Let me ask you this? How many times have you seen Brady knocked on his ass!?!

Their offensive line gives him all day back there to pick a target and release the rock, Brady holds on just as long as Bledsoe and sometimes longer!

Your forgetting something about Brady in your comparison...Brady can read a defense and that makes all the difference in successful QBing. Drew mindlessly throws to a space, regardless of the coverage.

This really boils down to what will let us know if JP is the answer doesn't it? If he sits next year we don't begin to know what he can do until 2006. Then, you have to give him a fair amount of time to make an evaluation. I'ld say 2 years is fair. Now we're at the end of the 2007 season, and we finally know whether JP is the QB for the Buffalo Bills.

Option 1--let him play and see what he can do

Option 2--let him sit and wonder what he can do

We gottsta know folks, we just gottsta, and the only way you'll know is by playing the guy in honest to God NFL real live football games.

Your forgetting something about Brady in your comparison...Brady can read a defense and that makes all the difference in successful QBing. Drew mindlessly throws to a space, regardless of the coverage.

and how do you know that JP can't read a defense??? He did score fairly high on his wonderlic test... fairly close to Eli Manning.

Could Joe Ferguson read a defense when Lou Saban decided to go with him as a rookie? All he had to know was to hand the ball off to #32. And, all JP needs to know is hand the ball off to #21... the rest will sort itself out.

Now before you guys "rip me a new one" ha! ha! At least hear me out, the following are the reasons I think going with J.P. at this point could be a mistake:

1) This is not the kind of team IMO that a young inexperienced Q.B. will have success with because overall it is not a young team! There is alot of veteran talent here, particularly on defence; Sam Adams, London, Troy V, TKO, Milloy...

I believe their time is now! I doubt any of these guys wants to see a first year starter at Q.B.

227030[/snapback]

All the more better for an inexperienced QB. THe team will not have to

depend on him but rather have these veterans play at the highest level.

2) First year Q.B.'s rarely have success ( c*ck-less burger being the exception)

Their is a learning curve as we all know and the same fickle fans that are looking for Drew's head-on-a-stick will be booing this poor kid right out of town by week 6.

227030[/snapback]

JP will not a 1st year QB. He has had 1 year on the sideline to watch and

learn this game. Guys like Pennington and Palmer did just that and were

fine going into their 2nd season. JP will have to go into the offseason as

the starter so that he gets the full off-season training and a full camp

3) I think that the o-line gelled more and more with each week they played last season, and I believe that Jim "Mouse" McNally was the best pickup the Bills got last offseason, along with Bobby April... another genius! Both of these guys were selected by Coach Mike Mularkey ( the second coming of Marv Levy) This is a guy who will review every play Drew had last season, and along with Tom Clements will figure out a way to limit his mistakes, and allow him to return to be the Q.B. that we all hated when he wore a Patriot uniform. The talk about competing for the job at Q.B. to win the starter title is all smoke and mirrors for the residents of Buffalo.

227030[/snapback]

Agreed. McNally and April were prized coaching acquisitions. I think MM is

very comfortable with our running game and will probably put JP in to

manage the game rather than try to win it all by himself. My feeling is the

Bills will bolster the OL with more talent (including at TE) and max-protect

JP and push for a more power running game.

pat . pat , pat  throw the ball short , throw the ball over recivers head , miss the wid open guy , step out of the way of pass rusher .. ..... bled over the hill    ---- start JP and we will have just as many wins .. and f##k the weather

227054[/snapback]

Here's what I see: you add one offensive lineman through free agency and one more via the draft... BIG suckers! let McNally work with them for the whole offseason and preseason, retain JJ and you've got a legitimate o-line. We already have our replacement for peerless at WR, defences now have to lay off of Moulds because of Evans' emergence, right? We have a stud at RB in McGahee who's only just going to get better so we're set there.... Now what do we need?!? Oh yeah! A big strong armed Q.B. who has a history of completing long throws downfield with accuracy! Only 3 names come to my mind, Favre, Culpepper and that Bledsoe guy.

I truly hope that Tom Clements hasn't lost his ability to turnaround struggling Q.B.'s because IMO if we're going to playoffs next year, it'll be with Drew !!!

Canbuffan made some valid points about why it might not be time to put in Losman. Keep in mind that Losman had less than half a year of practice time. Without him being out there physically thowing the ball in practice, it will be hard for him to complete those passes in actual games.

But Bledsoe is not the answer. If you want a veteran starter--which is not a bad thing to want--there are other QBs to whom you can turn. QBs who have higher ratings than Bledsoe, and who can be signed for lower salaries. QBs like Kurt Warner!

227057[/snapback]

I assume it's a coincidence that your user name has the name Kurt in it?

Here's what I see: you add one offensive lineman through free agency and one more via the draft... BIG suckers! let McNally work with them for the whole offseason and preseason, retain JJ and you've got a legitimate o-line. We already have our replacement for peerless at WR, defences now have to lay off of Moulds because of Evans' emergence, right? We have a stud at RB in McGahee who's only just going to get better so we're set there.... Now what do we need?!? Oh yeah! A big strong armed Q.B. who has a history of completing long throws downfield with accuracy! Only 3 names come to my mind, Favre, Culpepper and that Bledsoe guy.

I truly hope that Tom Clements hasn't lost his ability to turnaround struggling Q.B.'s because IMO if we're going to playoffs next year, it'll be with Drew !!!

227086[/snapback]

pat, pat pat ..............

pat, pat pat ..............

227096[/snapback]

OK, OK I am starting to see that Bledsoe is a tough sell on you guys, I just hope to God that I'm just being skeptical if/when J.P. is named the starter! If we get to the playoffs next year with him, I will be eating some delicious crow! ha! :doh: