Jeremy White All-22

The Big Cat

http://www.wgr550.co...Wanted/20485040

"Am I asking for a lot? Possibly. Shouldn't the team ask for more? How can the Bills come back next season with the same mindset on offense. It's all about protecting the ball and playing close to the vest. There isn't any feeling that they're willing to take shots down the field. They aren't bold offensively. I think there are plays to be made (this is why I rarely get after the OC because he calls plenty of plays that would work with proper execution, which is how I feel about most OCs in this league).

You want a new OC? Go ahead and get one. I think you're destined to get the same results from the same quarterbacks that aren't able to make the big play when it breaks down."

--further down--

"This coaching staff tried to get EJ Manuel to rip it, and he now sits on the bench lamenting the fact that he never truly did. Manuel has said that if he gets another chance, he'll be more aggressive in throwing the ball. Great! Let's see it tomorrow! If Kyle Orton isn't going to make throws down the field, then what are we here for?"

Edited by The Big Cat

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That should help clear the BS about the refs being the reason we lost the game. Wasn't sure why people thought that to begin with considering the score was 24-3 at the end of 3 Quarters...

A big part of the reason for the score was losing 40+ yards on the INT runbacks.

Bingo.

The reason this team will be 8-8 as opposed to 11-5 or 12-4 and Superbowl contenders.

Well White shows that both of them were legit calls. So it was the Bills players stupid, undisciplined mistakes not the refs the reason we were down 24-3 after 3 quarters.

White said what I've been saying for weeks: average ...AVERAGE... QB play would make all the difference.

I knew you were going to post that. And that sentence...THAT LONE SENTENCE...completley contradicts everything he's asserted above about the Bills QB's being giant pussies.

That's just flat wrong.

Am I asking for a lot? Possibly. Shouldn't the team ask for more? How can the Bills come back next season with the same mindset on offense. It's all about protecting the ball and playing close to the vest. There isn't any feeling that they're willing to take shots down the field. They aren't bold offensively.

Simply put, Kyle Orton has to pull the trigger or the Bills have to convince him (or tell him, or reassure him, or whatever) that it's OK if he does.

That's just flat wrong.

I just don't understand your logic.

So they're going to draw up plays which isolate single coverage deep, and those receivers are turning, looking for the ball, but you're convinced the coaching staff is encouraging the QB to...ignore them?

It's clear as day on the tape. He's got guys running free, as has been the case all year. At some point, your QB has to have the sack to get it done.

This blaming the coaches **** for the QB's being a kitty, it makes no sense to me. None.

Well White shows that both of them were legit calls. So it was the Bills players stupid, undisciplined mistakes not the refs the reason we were down 24-3 after 3 quarters.

Not arguing that. But at the time when the replays weren't available, the penalties seemed dubious and there were equal fouls at critical points for Broncos that weren't called. Freddie got leveled well after an incompletion and no call.

A 10 year vet has to be told when and where he should or shouldn't throw the ball? Sounds like a ****ty QB to me!

Not arguing that. But at the time when the replays weren't available, the penalties seemed dubious and there were equal fouls at critical points for Broncos that weren't called. Freddie got leveled well after an incompletion and no call.

Yes, it's nice to be corrected, but the complete lack of replays certainly justifies the fans frustration.

Also, Lee Smith wasn't wearing a helmet and some dude tried to head butt him.

He also makes a really great point that the Broncos throw the ball downfield, and uses the example of them getting picked off. :wallbash: Good one, Jer. And even says I know they got picked off but they try it. Jesus.

I want them to throw the ball deep too. Get Goodwin in the game and overthrow it if you have to. But don't use an INT as an example to illustrate it. The first deep ball Manning threw that was caught by Welker should have been intercepted or at least knocked down by AWilliams who just screwed up.

A 10 year vet has to be told when and where he should or shouldn't throw the ball? Sounds like a ****ty QB to me

it seems like only yesterday we were having this talk and it was "yea but what are the stats since orton took over?"

how quick it changes.

He also makes a really great point that the Broncos throw the ball downfield, and uses the example of them getting picked off. :wallbash: Good one, Jer. And even says I know they got picked off but they try it. Jesus.

I want them to throw the ball deep too. Get Goodwin in the game and overthrow it if you have to. But don't use an INT as an example to illustrate it. The first deep ball Manning threw that was caught by Welker should have been intercepted or at least knocked down by AWilliams who just screwed up.

...but it wasn't. Welker caught it.

At least Broncos fans know enough to blame their QB.

Us? We're left having these stupid arguments because the QB's doing give anyone a chance. Guess what! Sometimes the defense screws up. Sometimes they commit penalties, sometimes they do like Aaron Williams on the play you mention. The only time they don't do those things is when they're NEVER challenged.

We were SCREAMING for this at the bar on Sunday. And the tape shows--quite clearly--that receivers were put in a position to force the defense to make a play and nobody, our guys included, was asked to do a damn thing. Instead? Orton dumps it off to a blanketed receiver in the flat for a three yard loss. You can't POSSIBLY think the coaching staff is encouraging that...can you!?

So they're going to draw up plays which isolate single coverage deep, and those receivers are turning, looking for the ball, but you're convinced the coaching staff is encouraging the QB to...ignore them?

It's clear as day on the tape. He's got guys running free, as has been the case all year. At some point, your QB has to have the sack to get it done.

This blaming the coaches **** for the QB's being a kitty, it makes no sense to me. None.

You made a post and I responded specifically to that post. You said that one sentence complete contradicts everything he said in the article, when it didn't. He blamed the coaches in three different spots. So I quoted him when he didn't. I wasn't at all making any statement about whether ou QBs suck or not. He made some good points and some bad ones, like he usually does.

I'm glad he took a look at the play where he play-acted, Woods ran his double move deep, Sammy went across the middle, the safety committed to Watkins, Orton had all sorts of time, and then threw incomplete to Smith in the flat. That touches upon several things Hackett takes the blame for but our QB should.

1.) All three LB bit HARD on the play action fake. That is PRECISELY because Hackett sets that up with his multiple TEs and his OL selling run action on plays PRIOR to that. When defenses are seeing run action by the OL, it is so easy to beat them with play action later. And that is all set up by those 3 TE sets he gets dinged for. Nice job Hackett.

2.) Hackett is accused of designing an offense that doesn't seek to go deep. He CONSTANTLY gets guys open deep. In this case Orton didn't have the balls to hit Woods. Again, nice play design. I don't know what happened, but last year ALL of our QBs had the green light when they spotted press man with single safety coverage. And we saw EJ, Lewis, and Tuel ALL have success deep. It's hard to believe Orton didn't see it. He's just too timid.

3.) The "Orton Slide" play was FUBAR from the snap.

GO BILLS!!!

You made a post and I responded specifically to that post. You said that one sentence complete contradicts everything he said in the article, when it didn't. He blamed the coaches in three different spots. So I quoted him when he didn't. I wasn't at all making any statement about whether ou QBs suck or not. He made some good points and some bad ones, like he usually does.

Oh Jesus.

I'm glad he took a look at the play where he play-acted, Woods ran his double move deep, Sammy went across the middle, the safety committed to Watkins, Orton had all sorts of time, and then threw incomplete to Smith in the flat. That touches upon several things Hackett takes the blame for but our QB should.

1.) All three LB bit HARD on the play action fake. That is PRECISELY because Hackett sets that up with his multiple TEs and his OL selling run action on plays PRIOR to that. When defenses are seeing run action by the OL, it is so easy to beat them with play action later. And that is all set up by those 3 TE sets he gets dinged for. Nice job Hackett.

2.) Hackett is accused of designing an offense that doesn't seek to go deep. He CONSTANTLY gets guys open deep. In this case Orton didn't have the balls to hit Woods. Again, nice play design. I don't know what happened, but last year ALL of our QBs had the green light when they spotted press man with single safety coverage. And we saw EJ, Lewis, and Tuel ALL have success deep. It's hard to believe Orton didn't see it. He's just too timid.

3.) The "Orton Slide" play was FUBAR from the snap.

GO BILLS!!!

Thad liked to sling it. He also liked to fumble. But I'll take a slinger at this point, any day of the week (particularly when we're up against Rodgers who can/will score in the blink of an eye.)

As for the slide play, it REALLY looks like Hogan screwed the pooch on that one. But Sammy's got to have some better improvisational awareness there. Let's hope he matures into that.