Manziel Starting QB for Browns in Week 15

Manziel will start at QB for Browns against Bengals in Week 15

Johnny Football will get his first NFL start just in time for the final weeks of the AFC playoff race.

Coach Mike Pettine decided that Johnny Manziel will start at quarterback this week for the Cleveland Browns, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday, via a team source. FOX Sports first reported the news.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoyer should show up court side at the Cavs game tonight, wasted.

Oh man! I hope they have a camera on Hoyer the entire game on Sunday. I wonder if he'll get caught talking crap like Johnny was allegedly.

Marvin Lewis said they won't allow a midget to do that. He'll be shut down just like Flutie eventually was.

I have no idea if Johnny Football is going to be any good in this league, but I love his makeup on the field and think he's a gamer. He could be terrible... but I have a feeling at the very least he spanks the Bungles. Mainly because they're the Bungles and Marvin Lewis is the worst coach in the NFL. I'm so glad he wasn't hired here... so glad.

I have no idea if Johnny Football is going to be any good in this league, but I love his makeup on the field and think he's a gamer. He could be terrible... but I have a feeling at the very least he spanks the Bungles. Mainly because they're the Bungles and Marvin Lewis is the worst coach in the NFL. I'm so glad he wasn't hired here... so glad.

Lewis sure seems to do less with more.

Marvin Lewis is a perfect example of what happens when a team has been losing far too long. They get somebody in there like him that will is good enough to occasionally make the playoffs but never really win anything, and they lock him up. Bengals fans are happy to just not be losing year after year anymore like the Bills are doing. Right now the Bills are what they Bengals used to be. If we win 9 games this year, Doug Marrone might end up being our Marvin Lewis.

Lewis sure seems to do less with more.

Within the league, he's pretty reviled by the players. Guys who play for him, HATE HIM. Ruben Brown was very vocal about it when Lewis was sniffing around the Bills' gig and I've had that feeling confirmed by more than a few active guys in the league today. He's a whiner who, according to the guy's I've spoken to, his idea of motivation is to threaten his players like they're children.

Marvin Lewis is a perfect example of what happens when a team has been losing far too long. They get somebody in there like him that will is good enough to occasionally make the playoffs but never really win anything, and they lock him up. Bengals fans are happy to just not be losing year after year anymore like the Bills are doing. Right now the Bills are what they Bengals used to be. If we win 9 games this year, Doug Marrone might end up being our Marvin Lewis.

Agreed. Though I'm not quite ready to jump ship on Marrone yet. But I agree with the sentiment.

I don't usually root for players to fail, but Johnny just rubs me the right way - too cocky, a know-it-all at age 22 (though, to be fair, I think I thought I knew it all back then too). Even the pro-Johnny crowd is annoying, please, fail and shut them up...

So IF Johnny fails, and given all of the other mobile (or "non-pocket") QB fails this year, does the NFL start avoiding these guys?

fun football time !!!

I don't usually root for players to fail, but Johnny just rubs me the right way - too cocky, a know-it-all at age 22 (though, to be fair, I think I thought I knew it all back then too). Even the pro-Johnny crowd is annoying, please, fail and shut them up...

So IF Johnny fails, and given all of the other mobile (or "non-pocket") QB fails this year, does the NFL start avoiding these guys?

JOHNNY RULES JOHNNY RULES WOOHOO JOHNNY RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!