Start EJ

tuckan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude.. if you are as dedicated in your day job as you are dedicated to trying to get EJ more playing time, then your boss must think you are one hell of an awesome employee.

Maybe you are buddies with EJ or his family or something. I don't know. More power to you if you are.

I tried to think of a good analogy for what you are doing here. This is all I could come up with.

Last time I was in New Orleans, we stayed out drinking on Bourbon Street until the cops came through on horses and made everyone leave (around 4 or 5AM). Then they hosed off the street with fire hoses.

In between the cops and the fire hoses there would be this homeless alcoholic guy who would run out and chug half a beer that some other hammered person had discarded and left sitting on a stair step somewhere along the way. That alcoholic just had to get one more taste of that thing he could just not get enough of. Even though it was all about to be washed down the drain in a few minutes, he still had to get that one last sip.

You are an alcoholic. EJ is your beer.

Your analogy is very descriptive and abrasive as well Dave. No further composition needed. I like it! Freud would be proud of your definition, as others are, I'm sure.

Once upon a time QBs were developed. Now everyone expects a polished starter off the bat. I feel bad for the young guys trying to break in league because there is so little patience anymore. Like most, EJ wasn't ready. I hope he eventually gets a true shot, whether it is here or somewhere else.

I'm not worried about EJ observing Orton making bad plays; there's value in that too, I think. The more important stuff for Manuel, as Woods alluded to, is the stuff away from the field like EJ coming in at 6:00am to study and demanding his receivers do the same, etc.

I also have no problem with Orton yelling at receivers when they deserve it; EJ will need to correct them on the field as well, from time to time. I'd hope he wouldn't shy away from that just because he's having a bad game, too. And that brings me to what I dislike most about EJ: when he DOES play poorly he doesn't take ownership. I need him to own it. I need his teammates to hear him say that when HE plays better, EVERYONE will play better; that HE needs to take this team to the next level; that it starts with HIM. He starts doing that, his receivers will be more open to his criticism during games.

GO BILLS!!!

Excellent post as always K-9 and truer words on this topic were never spoken.

The last interview I saw with EJ, his response to a questiion asked by the media was: "The Coach says I'm playing well"

It was after a poor performance when the question was phrased to EJ: "What HE thought about HIS performance ?

And the above mentioned statement was his answer.

For the most part, professional and ametuer athletes around the globe critique their performances to anyone that listens.

It is how we vent and how we address our faults, while making a satement and a vow that I'll do better next time. That is how

and why, we as athletes, love our sport as much as we do. Simply because we are hooked on it! And critiqing ourselves is

what sets the hook.

I realize that some of these interviews may be scripted somewhat with caution laying in the wind. But; "For the love of Pete" EJ ! Have some respect for yourself !

Marrone is gone if he loses to the Packers and he knows it. He's just going to be a petulant child and take his ball and go home (starting Orton).

That's why he needs to be fired if they lose to the Packers and Orton sucks again. The Bills can be honest and say that the organization and Marrone had come to a crossroads and there was no turning back. Kyle Orton's play has been abysmal, they used a very high pick on EJ Manuel and they want to see him start the last two games because this team has extremely crucial decisions to make at the QB position.

Wow there are a lot of folks thinking Marrone is going to be canned if he lose to the Packers, or if he doesn't win at least two of the next three. I suspect that is just wishful thinking about what those people WANT to happen, but I predict he will still be our couch next year, even if we lose the next three. I don't think anybody's that trigger happy. We'll just have to wait and see.

Bench Orton. Start EJ. No further explanation required.

I have been thinking on this.

So.

Orton I think , need to prove himself out yet. he might be showcasing for next year when he plays the Packers Sunday.

One thing i dont want to see is EJ get creamed in a game and go into the offseason a mental mess.

The kid gets beat up as Houston did him, he loses ALL value.

Let Orty ride it out.

My thinking at one time was , lets see what has for confidence ? I think thats selfish of me.

Lets let him develop all the offseason and OTA through training camp and battle it out with who ever Bills bring in and maybe( i hope not hes a backup) Orton.

I think there is everything to lose by playing EJ right now. and nothing to gain but a Fans satisfaction that we are also fubar for next season.

Lets do the Bills mantra and hold Hope out for next year shall we ?

Wow there are a lot of folks thinking Marrone is going to be canned if he lose to the Packers, or if he doesn't win at least two of the next three. I suspect that is just wishful thinking about what those people WANT to happen, but I predict he will still be our couch next year, even if we lose the next three. I don't think anybody's that trigger happy. We'll just have to wait and see.

He needs to be tweaked with his program. But the culture HAS changed. I can honestly say that now.

All those aggressive penalties

And Marrone taking the blame

and then his players seem to have his back.

Lets just go back to the Wanny years for reference folks.

This team IS turned around. They still kinda suck but at least they are facing the right direction after ...all... these .... years

Excellent post as always K-9 and truer words on this topic were never spoken.

The last interview I saw with EJ, his response to a questiion asked by the media was: "The Coach says I'm playing well"

It was after a poor performance when the question was phrased to EJ: "What HE thought about HIS performance ?

And the above mentioned statement was his answer.

For the most part, professional and ametuer athletes around the globe critique their performances to anyone that listens.

It is how we vent and how we address our faults, while making a satement and a vow that I'll do better next time. That is how

and why, we as athletes, love our sport as much as we do. Simply because we are hooked on it! And critiqing ourselves is

what sets the hook.

I realize that some of these interviews may be scripted somewhat with caution laying in the wind. But; "For the love of Pete" EJ ! Have some respect for yourself !

That's the quote I had in mind in my post. I was floored by the level of self-absorption in those words after he had such a poor day on the field. He did the opposite of owning it, actually. Part of it is, he's very leery of the media and I can understand that. The other part, I think, is that he's NEVER had to be humble in that regard. Most importantly, that kind of attitude serves to separate him from his teammates; the antithesis of what a QB should be. He should have said, "I played like crap and my teammates, the guys who put it on the line for me, deserve better!"

Or something to that effect, anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

I have been thinking on this.

So.

Orton I think , need to prove himself out yet. he might be showcasing for next year when he plays the Packers Sunday.

One thing i dont want to see is EJ get creamed in a game and go into the offseason a mental mess.

The kid gets beat up as Houston did him, he loses ALL value.

Let Orty ride it out.

My thinking at one time was , lets see what has for confidence ? I think thats selfish of me.

Lets let him develop all the offseason and OTA through training camp and battle it out with who ever Bills bring in and maybe( i hope not hes a backup) Orton.

I think there is everything to lose by playing EJ right now. and nothing to gain but a Fans satisfaction that we are also fubar for next season.

Lets do the Bills mantra and hold Hope out for next year shall we ?

He needs to be tweaked with his program. But the culture HAS changed. I can honestly say that now.

All those aggressive penalties

And Marrone taking the blame

and then his players seem to have his back.

Lets just go back to the Wanny years for reference folks.

This team IS turned around. They still kinda suck but at least they are facing the right direction after ...all... these .... years

I think we're pretty much reading from the same sheet of music here. Per the bold text, I've been saying all along I don't want EJ playing in any run for the bus games and that's one of the reasons why. No upside to his development, but a ton of downside.

GO BILLS!!!

That's the quote I had in mind in my post. I was floored by the level of self-absorption in those words after he had such a poor day on the field. He did the opposite of owning it, actually. Part of it is, he's very leery of the media and I can understand that. The other part, I think, is that he's NEVER had to be humble in that regard. Most importantly, that kind of attitude serves to separate him from his teammates; the antithesis of what a QB should be. He should have said, "I played like crap and my teammates, the guys who put it on the line for me, deserve better!"

Or something to that effect, anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

I think we're pretty much reading from the same sheet of music here. Per the bold text, I've been saying all along I don't want EJ playing in any run for the bus games and that's one of the reasons why. No upside to his development, but a ton of downside.

GO BILLS!!!

Sir i have noticed you are not the eight ball some would portray you as. Jk

May i again mention that Orton, does has something to prove at this point.

GO BILLS!!!

Unless Orton gets hurt, training camp and pre-season next year are the opportunities to let EJ get back on the horse. I also think it would be demoralizing for the rest of the team to know that they are only playing as part of an experiment.

Sir i have noticed you are not the eight ball some would portray you as. Jk

May i again mention that Orton, does has something to prove at this point.

You certainly may, my good man. It won't surprise you to know I've been echoing the same thought throughout this thread. This is Orton's team and he deserves the chance to ride it into the sunset.

GO BILLS!!!

Unless Orton gets hurt, training camp and pre-season next year are the opportunities to let EJ get back on the horse. I also think it would be demoralizing for the rest of the team to know that they are only playing as part of an experiment.

Absolutely. EJ can wait until next off season to stake his claim. And it's a good point about the rest of the team as well.

GO BILLS!!!

You certainly may, my good man. It won't surprise you to know I've been echoing the same thought throughout this thread. This is Orton's team and he deserves the chance to ride it into the sunset.

GO BILLS!!!

Absolutely. EJ can wait until next off season to stake his claim. And it's a good point about the rest of the team as well.

GO BILLS!!!

Graybeards assessment reflected here is well received by myself also.

Go Kyle Orton! beat those nasty ole Packers .

Chuck it high and far. chuck it , Man.

Where have I heard this before.....right before a stadium broke out in "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow" chants....and went to the playoffs....and won a home game....throwing the ball....against the #1 defense in the league. I also belief their was a "let it rip" component to that story as well.

I'm not surprised that you managed to get in a Tebow reference .

You do realize that there was nothing special about what Tebow did against the Steelers? Le beau chose to stack the box pretty much all game because Tebow was not a passing threat .